• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Really? No sir, idealist is the correct word.

That is a pleasantly philosophical kind of statement but it doesn't actually say anything. It does put the "passive" in "passive aggressive".

Just call me Ghandi then. lol

I like that term. It is a completely overused and inaccurate term but to each their own.

You are an idealist if you believe this does not occur with consistent regularity. Manipulating people, prices and to some extent the markets.

Quite a few probation worthy activities never make this discussion thread because the offended are "discouraged" from coming here or "encouraged" to go elsewhere. There have been a multitude of comments claiming a boys club. All too often they are simply dismissed. There are a few boys clubs, for lack of a better term, and in all honesty it makes the probation list a joke.

I dunno. In light of two similar situations being brought up in a manner of days, maybe the powers-that-be around here might need to address the rules of accepting an offer and not plssing backwards on it when a third party waves more money at the seller after the deal is done.

The only "powers that be" are all the board members. There are no individuals that hold more or less "power" than any other board member.

Such an idealist lol

It is not being an idealist. it is being a realist. Anyone can express themselves here. If others are applying pressure to have their way done it should be brought out. I follow and express my own ideas and the only influence on me is a well-reasoned response.

It is not a difficult thing to do. All someone has to do is just do it.

Pov, that is a sweet thought but in practice doesn't work. I have spoken up in this thread at times when I do feel that injustice is being done or a mob like thinking is overtaking a rational one. Every instance I am met with lawyer backtalk and relentless arguing over the same point. I feel like I am personally being attacked during those times but I post anyway to hopefully provide a different view. I fail every single time.

So, no I do feel that there is a group of posters here that run the trial and outsider's voice fail to matter.

Next time you run into that wall just send me a PM. Big shoulders, bad attitude. :grin:

RE: JMG (Probation list added 12/26/12) off-board Crees Tyler (CAF),

Im not entirely sure how one does it, but based on yesterday's attempted Jim Lee Superman OA offering by JMG (a Probation member), and his subsequent posts showing a) his complete disregard for the deal that put him on the list, and b) his admittance that a deal was made that he then went back on (and his sudden decision to create a new ID after that non-deal) does it seem worthy of him being listed for the HOS?

I have not been very involved in HOS/Probation list discussions so I dont have a good feel for what is/isnt worthy of the HOS upgrade.

RE: JMG (Probation list added 12/26/12) off-board Crees Tyler (CAF),

Im not entirely sure how one does it, but based on yesterday's attempted Jim Lee Superman OA offering by JMG (a Probation member), and his subsequent posts showing a) his complete disregard for the deal that put him on the list, and b) his admittance that a deal was made that he then went back on (and his sudden decision to create a new ID after that non-deal) does it seem worthy of him being listed for the HOS?

I have not been very involved in HOS/Probation list discussions so I dont have a good feel for what is/isnt worthy of the HOS upgrade.

This conversation got side-tracked a few pages ago. I'm in favor of this as well.

if his (JMG's) actions appeared in isolation and he had had subsequent transactions w/o shenanigans I could see it being viewed as a one time mistake...

But the approach JMG took with the Lee piece ("PM me for price/offer") seemed like he was prepared to take the same tactic again.

but that is me doing ALOT of inferring...

Edited by Miraclemet

Posting dog balls in threads seems to be a one way ticket lol

On a more on topic note. It would certainly seem to me that JMG's actions indicate he isn't going to change his tune or his behavior any time soon.

Oh lord. Forgot about that guy. :roflmao:

and it was even better than just posting dog balls... he went back and edited every post he had made to just be pictures of dog balls... and they weren't all the same image either, he had a whole roster to choose from apparently!

that was a fun day...

On a more on topic note. It would certainly seem to me that JMG's actions indicate he isn't going to change his tune or his behavior any time soon.

I support this as well. Again, I have been made aware of a pattern of behavior so I'm not the only person he has done this to. If you see the thread, others actually nominated him as well. Please also note that consistent with his prior behavior in changing his name, when the thread did not go as he planned, he changed the title and removed the piece from being for sale. But I thought it was rather brilliant the way he changed his first post to still indicate that he had a Superman cover for sale if anyone y'know, wanted to PM him to inquire about it.

And again, I think the entire thread is a great example of The Probation List in action.

So in reading the rules of the PL and the HOS, am I right to understand that all it takes is a poll to vote for the PL person to be upgraded to HOS status (assuming the transgression is worthy of HOS status)? No additional notifications (since all of that due process was followed to put JMG on the PL in the first place? Or does dem need to PM JMG to tell him he's been nominated for HOS and give him the 72 hrs to respond?

Advisors?

That was pretty awesome.

I support this as well. Again, I have been made aware of a pattern of behavior so I'm not the only person he has done this to. If you see the thread, others actually nominated him as well. Please also note that consistent with his prior behavior in changing his name, when the thread did not go as he planned, he changed the title and removed the piece from being for sale. But I thought it was rather brilliant the way he changed his first post to still indicate that he had a Superman cover for sale if anyone y'know, wanted to PM him to inquire about it.

And again, I think the entire thread is a great example of The Probation List in action.

I don't know if it's important but, in my dealing and communications there have been three names used:

Crees Tyler

Chris (or Christophe) Gomez

Jean-Marc Perez

I don't know if it's important but, in my dealing and communications there have been three names used:

Crees Tyler

Chris (or Christophe) Gomez

Jean-Marc Perez

thanks man, I dont know if the PList adds non ID aliases, but here they are...

Really? No sir, idealist is the correct word.

That is a pleasantly philosophical kind of statement but it doesn't actually say anything. It does put the "passive" in "passive aggressive".

Just call me Ghandi then. lol

I like that term. It is a completely overused and inaccurate term but to each their own.

You are an idealist if you believe this does not occur with consistent regularity. Manipulating people, prices and to some extent the markets.

Quite a few probation worthy activities never make this discussion thread because the offended are "discouraged" from coming here or "encouraged" to go elsewhere. There have been a multitude of comments claiming a boys club. All too often they are simply dismissed. There are a few boys clubs, for lack of a better term, and in all honesty it makes the probation list a joke.

Then instead of getting on my case (not just you but all the eye rollers) for not visiting the Modern Sales thread (why would I?) why not DO something about it? It would make an ideal topic for the General Discussions thread inside Forum Only Selling.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814#Post1976814

I try to make my way to each of the forums and they all have their own flavor. I don't know that I see anyone exerting any overt influence over other members, however, there are many boardies that have high levels of credibility and when they speak, I and it seems other as well, place more stock in their opinions. E.g. GAtor. Conversely, some board members have a reputation as tools and have found that over time I see their behavior played out and many of these reps are well deserved.

I do see a problem in that I think the boards are very susceptible to group think. This is fairly evident in the modern boards when the heard begins to chase a certain book only to later realize the only buzz is here on the boards and boardies are driving prices up by bidding against each other. This group think can lead to piling on if members are having conflict and I think it has chased away a few boardies with weak constitutions.

So in reading the rules of the PL and the HOS, am I right to understand that all it takes is a poll to vote for the PL person to be upgraded to HOS status (assuming the transgression is worthy of HOS status)? No additional notifications (since all of that due process was followed to put JMG on the PL in the first place? Or does dem need to PM JMG to tell him he's been nominated for HOS and give him the 72 hrs to respond?

The rules do say that the HoS candidate is subject to all the same rules as the PL candidate, but since the HoS is essentially collective judgment, and the PL is not about collective judgment, my feeling is that the process should be repeated specifically for the HoS. 2c

The rules do say that the HoS candidate is subject to all the same rules as the PL candidate, but since the HoS is essentially collective judgment, and the PL is not about collective judgment, my feeling is that the process should be repeated specifically for the HoS. 2c

Can others chime in for a seconding or concensus that dem should re-run thru the PL process in order to put JMG in the Hall of shame?

Can others chime in for a seconding or concensus that dem should re-run thru the PL process in order to put JMG in the Hall of shame?

More people should share the experiences implied in this thread. As it stands now, unless I am missing something, there is one recorded event with the OA sale that initially got JMG on the PL.

JMG Sale Thread

Also, as far as adding other names, this was an off-board PL transaction and his off-board name/web site for that transaction has been listed. If there are other IDs associated with other sale sites members here have experienced they, too can be added.