• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

you post an :takeit: in a thread then learn the seller is on the probation list. what do you do?

Don't pay.

Wrong in this instance, the seller (DimebagD) isn't currently on the probation list, looks like Marmat posted an old list to 'help' in his sales thread :eyeroll:

I can understand some people would prefer to not deal with anyone who has EVER been on the list but that's a personal choice you need to make before posting the :takeit:

I'd let him off the hook for refusing to pay if the guy had ever been on the list. 2c

Why? If you're on the list, you're on probation. If you're not on it, it's because your probation is over. At that point, we're back to "a deal's a deal", surely?

As someone else said, buyers are well within their rights to check previous lists and decide not to do business with people that were previously listed, but I totally disagree that you should be able to back out of a deal with someone who's not on. What if a seller was on the list three years ago and then came off?

They should be required to carry a badge on their sig line, "probation lister" or "former probation lister." So we can recognize the undesirables easier.

PLODs if you will, people label of death.

With additional notations?

Slight Amateur Scamming

Extensive Professional Scamming

hm

The seller should allow the request to back out. Period.

And this comes from what criteria? You are treating the PL like the HOS. The two were made distinct for a reason.

Saying that undoing a deal with a former PL member should be allowed..."Period"? Does your "Period" make it so?

A deal is a deal. A FORMER PL member is no longer on the list. They are no longer PL members. I would support putting someone else on the PL list for breaking such a deal.

If people want to go past the normal "No HOS or PL members" exclusion they should say so up front. Otherwise? A deal is a deal.

Yeah, you're probably right. But there are people who get on the list just for being slackers, for requiring tons of work to squeeze shipments out of them and whatnot, and I for one would feel at least a little justified in backing out of a deal with them if I learned about their slackiness after the fact.

And this comes from what criteria? You are treating the PL like the HOS. The two were made distinct for a reason.

Saying that undoing a deal with a former PL member should be allowed..."Period"? Does your "Period" make it so?

A deal is a deal. A FORMER PL member is no longer on the list. They are no longer PL members. I would support putting someone else on the PL list for breaking such a deal.

If people want to go past the normal "No HOS or PL members" exclusion they should say so up front. Otherwise? A deal is a deal.

No matter if the seller was ever on the list any GOOD seller should allow for a change of heart if :takeit: was just posted. If the seller is not out anything then why the demand to live and die by :takeit:

Do some sellers sit there and see :takeit: and maniacally laugh to themselves "I gotcha!!!" Really?

Personally I offer full refunds and don't see the point of pushing a purchase on a buyer.

There are exceptions to this like payment plans or holding product for extended periods therefore missing other buyers.

Is it really common practice to demand responsibility for posting :takeit: oh for shame. :facepalm:

I said "Period" because for me to be defined as a good seller would require some flexibility in purchases. Demanding payment 5 minutes after the fact is entertaining at best.

No matter if the seller was ever on the list any GOOD seller should allow for a change of heart if :takeit: was just posted. If the seller is not out anything then why the demand to live and die by :takeit:

That was the entire point of the discussion: a former list member. Simply because a seller (or buyer) was once on the list should not be a patent "you were once on the list so as far as I'm concerned, even though you are off it, you are still on the list. And I won't sell to you."

As far as the rest of what you said, yes there are circumstances with sellers or buyers be they on the list or not that would certainly override the :takeit: .

Just ask to be let out of the sale and explain if you want/need to. He's not much of a seller if he doesn't let you out of the sale.

I understand the original question but I I also understand that the buyer does not wish to continue with the purchase. I simplified. ;)

Just ask to be let out of the sale and explain if you want/need to. He's not much of a seller if he doesn't let you out of the sale.

I understand the original question but I I also understand that the buyer does not wish to continue with the purchase. I simplified. ;)

I want to try this with some books I bought from DiceX, I was thoroughly disappointed with the slim selection of books he posted and I was looking to spend at least 1 weeks paycheck with him. :wishluck: here goes, PM to DiceX cancelling my transaction sent.

I want to try this with some books I bought from DiceX, I was thoroughly disappointed with the slim selection of books he posted and I was looking to spend at least 1 weeks paycheck with him. :wishluck: here goes, PM to DiceX cancelling my transaction sent.

That could prove to be a bit dicey.

As far as the rest of what you said, yes there are circumstances with sellers or buyers be they on the list or not that would certainly override the :takeit: .

Such as? You've played a big part in this social experiment, so I'm interested in your thoughts on what elements make the "contract" voidable beyond the obvious (non-disclosure of a material fact, misrepresentation, capacity, duress).

So if someone was on the list and it was two years ago, while on the list they made good and was on the list for 35 days and then removed, you wouldnt deal with then years later after having numerous sales with no issue?

Sounds a bit...extreme to me. But I suppose one black mark or sin of the past is never forgiven right?

So if ANYONE has a problem with a seller who was on the list TWO years ago and there have been no issues since...

Keep walking past my sales threads because I am that person referenced above.

DeafMuteComics on 1/8/11, cleared 2/10/11 and removed 3/23/11.

Edited by DeafMuteComics

No worries, I could smell trouble a mile away, coincidentally, I cancelled your order last week.

:whee:

Such as? You've played a big part in this social experiment, so I'm interested in your thoughts on what elements make the "contract" voidable beyond the obvious (non-disclosure of a material fact, misrepresentation, capacity, duress).

Well it is not meant to be complex or profound. Examples such as you post (except not sure what "capacity" is) could fall under the umbrella. Things like demanding PayPal Personal for payment, finding out the books are not in hand, finding out it is a PGX book, etc.