• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As far as the rest of what you said, yes there are circumstances with sellers or buyers be they on the list or not that would certainly override the :takeit: .

Such as? You've played a big part in this social experiment, so I'm interested in your thoughts on what elements make the "contract" voidable beyond the obvious (non-disclosure of a material fact, misrepresentation, capacity, duress).

Well it is not meant to be complex or profound. Examples such as you post (except not sure what "capacity" is) could fall under the umbrella. Things like demanding PayPal Personal for payment, finding out the books are not in hand, finding out it is a PGX book, etc.

Seems as if those actions might be enough to put the seller on the PL -- or at least lead to a discussion on this thread -- because all three seem a trifle scammy to me.

Examples such as you post (except not sure what "capacity" is) could fall under the umbrella.

Thank you, what you mentioned are all reasonable examples, I agree. As far as what capacity means:

"When it comes to legally binding agreements, certain people are always considered to lack the legal ability (or "capacity") to contract. As a legal matter, basically they are presumed not to know what they're doing. These people--legal minors and the mentally ill, for example--are placed into a special category. If they enter into a contract, the agreement is considered "voidable" by them (as the person who lacked capacity to enter the agreement in the first place). Voidable means that the person who lacked capacity to enter the contact can either end the contract or permit it to go ahead as agreed on. This protects the party who lacks capacity from being forced to go through with a deal that takes advantage of his or her lack of savvy."

minors

mental Incapacity

someone totally inebriated and taken advantage of by other party

As far as the rest of what you said, yes there are circumstances with sellers or buyers be they on the list or not that would certainly override the :takeit: .

Such as? You've played a big part in this social experiment, so I'm interested in your thoughts on what elements make the "contract" voidable beyond the obvious (non-disclosure of a material fact, misrepresentation, capacity, duress).

Well it is not meant to be complex or profound. Examples such as you post (except not sure what "capacity" is) could fall under the umbrella. Things like demanding PayPal Personal for payment, finding out the books are not in hand, finding out it is a PGX book, etc.

Seems as if those actions might be enough to put the seller on the PL -- or at least lead to a discussion on this thread -- because all three seem a trifle scammy to me.

We've seen these and similar pass through here, often resulting in at least a spirited discussion.

Just ask to be let out of the sale and explain if you want/need to. He's not much of a seller if he doesn't let you out of the sale.

I understand the original question but I I also understand that the buyer does not wish to continue with the purchase. I simplified. ;)

I want to try this with some books I bought from DiceX, I was thoroughly disappointed with the slim selection of books he posted and I was looking to spend at least 1 weeks paycheck with him. :wishluck: here goes, PM to DiceX cancelling my transaction sent.

No worries, I could smell trouble a mile away, coincidentally, I cancelled your order last week.

:whee:

I'm going to teabag all your books. Be sure you wear rubber gloves if you read them. hm

Just ask to be let out of the sale and explain if you want/need to. He's not much of a seller if he doesn't let you out of the sale.

I understand the original question but I I also understand that the buyer does not wish to continue with the purchase. I simplified. ;)

I want to try this with some books I bought from DiceX, I was thoroughly disappointed with the slim selection of books he posted and I was looking to spend at least 1 weeks paycheck with him. :wishluck: here goes, PM to DiceX cancelling my transaction sent.

No worries, I could smell trouble a mile away, coincidentally, I cancelled your order last week.

:whee:

I'm going to teabag all your books. Be sure you wear rubber gloves if you read them. hm

I don't know whether to be :sick: , :whee: or :roflmao:

Examples such as you post (except not sure what "capacity" is) could fall under the umbrella.

Thank you, what you mentioned are all reasonable examples, I agree. As far as what capacity means:

"When it comes to legally binding agreements, certain people are always considered to lack the legal ability (or "capacity") to contract. As a legal matter, basically they are presumed not to know what they're doing. These people--legal minors and the mentally ill, for example--are placed into a special category. If they enter into a contract, the agreement is considered "voidable" by them (as the person who lacked capacity to enter the agreement in the first place). Voidable means that the person who lacked capacity to enter the contact can either end the contract or permit it to go ahead as agreed on. This protects the party who lacks capacity from being forced to go through with a deal that takes advantage of his or her lack of savvy."

minors

mental Incapacity

someone totally inebriated and taken advantage of by other party

My wife would say I lack all savvy. Savvy?

So if someone was on the list and it was two years ago, while on the list they made good and was on the list for 35 days and then removed, you wouldnt deal with then years later after having numerous sales with no issue?

Sounds a bit...extreme to me. But I suppose one black mark or sin of the past is never forgiven right?

So if ANYONE has a problem with a seller who was on the list TWO years ago and there have been no issues since...

Keep walking past my sales threads because I am that person referenced above.

DeafMuteComics on 1/8/11, cleared 2/10/11 and removed 3/23/11.

Just change your user id. Oh wait....

Yes i did.

Deaf mute comics is no more and no reason to keep it.

Your point?

My user name has been junkenstein99, Deafmutecomics and now user 01001010. I changed my username on all the forums I frequent so they're all the same.

Edited by User 01001010

Ummm. Whoever you paid for the item is whom you should have the problem with. Good luck with everything!

If Rawisoky agreed to the arrangement and four times promised the book was going out, with nothing forthcoming, he is most definitely a part of the problem.

Send Rawisoky a NEW PM telling him about his nomination to the PL list. Wait three days. Then report back the result. If nothing if forthcoming he should go on the list.

I will send him a PM today. Thanks everyone for the advice and support. :ohnoez:

So I received a response to my PM that he wouldn't get paid until Friday and he would get it shipped out then. Still nothing.

So it has been a week since he last told me he was going to mail me the comics. I would like to have Rawisoky placed on the PL. I would appreciate someone who has done this before to either assist me in doing this or do it for me.

I would appreciate someone who has done this before to either assist me in doing this or do it for me.

It is good to have more people know how to edit the PL list.

Here are the steps to add someone to the PL. If anyone sees a misstep please point it up. After it is perfected I can ask Arch to add it as a post beneath the locked PL Rules thread.

1) Go to the last version of the list and click Quote

2) At the beginning and end you will see the "quote" markers. The beginning will say "quote=username" enclosed in brackets. and at the end it will just say "quote" enclosed in brackets. Delete both of these, including the "[ ]" brackets.

3) At the top update the date. Just go in the middle where the date begins and only change the date to today's. Leave everything else alone.

4) Just before the actual Probation List itself there are three lines nameing the new person being added. Go to the 2nd line and replace the old username with the new one. Also change the date to today's date.

5) The PL list itself is alphabetical. Go down to the place you want to actually add the user to the list and copy the line above it.

6) Go to the end of the line you just copied and hit the Enter key. This will bring you to a new line. Paste the line you just copied there. Then change the username to the person being added and the date to today's date.

Be sure to leave the asterisks alone. Tyey are markers to make a list and the list gets all weird if they are accidentally deleted.

7) At the bottom remove the check mark from "Add my signature to this post."

8) At this point you can click "Preview Post" to see how it looks.

If after posting it you see you made a mistake just click "Edit". Fix the mistake but then remove the check mark from "Mark as Edited? Reason for edit:"

If it turns out all mucked up you can just delete it and post back here for someone to update it.