• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

He was probably doing a Modern Fastrack Jimmy which I think is $28. I don't fault A.Romeo because of the tier service he chooses to use (I've got five Modern Fastracks out atm myself). In law we have a term called detrimental reliance, A.Romeo relied on Zombizzy to give his opinion on whether it was a 9.8 candidate or not (not to guarantee that it would come back as a 9.8) When he received the books there was no chance that they would be a 9.8 candidate given the spine ticks. Regardless my thought is that A.Romeo has made his case for why Zombizzy should be added to the HoS and we should go to a vote.

He was probably doing a Modern Fastrack Jimmy which I think is $28. I don't fault A.Romeo because of the tier service he chooses to use (I've got five Modern Fastracks out atm myself). In law we have a term called detrimental reliance, A.Romeo relied on Zombizzy to give his opinion on whether it was a 9.8 candidate or not (not to guarantee that it would come back as a 9.8) When he received the books there was no chance that they would be a 9.8 candidate given the spine ticks. Regardless my thought is that A.Romeo has made his case for why Zombizzy should be added to the HoS and we should go to a vote.

Yes I use Modern Fast Track which I stated a few posts ago..thank you for being knowledgeable about the services CGC offers for grading unlike some others who commented earlier

I just want to comment on the Zombizzy / A Romeo Case.

A Romeo, it cost you $30 to slab a TOT #1? Isn't that a $17 slab fee?

that in itself makes me not want to side with you.

I think if the book arrived in 9.2 condition there isn't an issue.

I guess Zombizzy grades arn't CGC reliable. I don't think its the end of the world and think taking him off the PL would be positive for everyone. (especially since he's given you a full refund)

2c

I use Fast Track Jimmy which is $28 + $5 handling fee + shipping fees adds up to more than $30 per book to be honest, so your correct I was off on my price. I appreciate your opinion and if the community wants him selling on the boards that's fine, but I promise there will be other issues with him. I know I wont ever buy from him again. And I honestly don't trust in shipping the books back for fear that I will not get a refund or it will take months to get that back as its not worth the hassle

Send the comics back and you'll get the refund. I bet you can even get him to refund you while they're still in transit. He has nothing to gain from stiffing you, and he's already seen that remaining on the PL is not worth whatever amount of money we're talking about.

Once you've got your money back, you can keep him on your private "don't deal" list (we've all got them), and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing that his name is still in the PL thread and always will be. As others have said, I don't think it's HoS worthy. The folks there have been major tools pulling seriously transgressive behavior, often with a sweet accompanying meltdown (Frankie, how goes it?).

Yes I use Modern Fast Track which I stated a few posts ago..thank you for being knowledgeable about the services CGC offers for grading unlike some others who commented earlier

You're right. I was wrong. I am sorry. (thumbs u

Ok so

Zombizzy gave Columbia Comics a full refund and told him he could keep the books to get him off the PL

But Zombizzy is telling A Romero to send the books back to get a full refund.

Zombizzy can you confirm or deny this?

Ok so

Zombizzy gave Columbia Comics a full refund and told him he could keep the books to get him off the PL

For the time that you have made me wait to get this resolved I will take a full refund if you let me keep the books the way you did with your previous issue. I won't risk sending them back and going through being ignored waiting for a refund. It's not worth that hassle.

Amazing that people on the boards still want you to sell..having two major issues selling in the past few months should raise red flags for everyone

Ok so

For the time that you have made me wait to get this resolved I will take a full refund if you let me keep the books the way you did with your previous issue. I won't risk sending them back and going through being ignored waiting for a refund. It's not worth that hassle.

Amazing that people on the boards still want you to sell..having two major issues selling in the past few months should raise red flags for everyone

You shouldn't expect to keep the books if he gives you a full refund. Do the honorable thing and send them back (but if and only if he gives you the full refund).

And we don't all "want to see him sell". If he makes things right with you he should have the opportunity to hang himself again. I myself wouldn't dream of buying from this guy.

Ok so

You shouldn't expect to keep the books if he gives you a full refund. Do the honorable thing and send them back (but if and only if he gives you the full refund).

And we don't all "want to see him sell". If he makes things right with you he should have the opportunity to hang himself again. I myself wouldn't dream of buying from this guy.

+1

And possibly this whole situation will help ZBiz tighten his grading and become a better grader and seller.

Like I said I'd rather just eat the cost of what I paid and not see him be able to scam someone else on the boards than. I had actually given up on the subject until he contacted me out of the blue saying that he was now ready to work with me since he couldn't sell any longer.

Ill take one for the team

Like I said I'd rather just eat the cost of what I paid and not see him be able to scam someone else on the boards than. I had actually given up on the subject until he contacted me out of the blue saying that he was now ready to work with me since he couldn't sell any longer.

Sorry man. I know you're steamed, but it's not cool to just keep someone on the PL indefinitely after they've offered you a full refund. It's just not what the PL is for.

Sorry man. I know you're steamed, but it's not cool to just keep someone on the PL indefinitely after they've offered you a full refund. It's just not what the PL is for.

lol I was literally offered a refund one week ago and I should jump up right away to help him after he made me wait three months. What planet am I on here?

Take him off PL there is a poll for HOS and that will determine things.

I absolutely get why you're upset. 100% When I deal with a seller I want him to stand behind his stuff and politely refund my money if I'm not happy. Dealing with a seller who tries to do as little as possible to get me to go away and resorts to ignoring me when that doesn't work is putrid hell. And you and I, and my cousin's purple pig know he's only talking to you now because the PL is hurting sales.

Totally get it, but he is on the PL and anyone on the PL is entitled to work his way off. Send his books back and tell him you not only want a refund for the books but for all the postage involved.

We've had far worse problems that didn't make the HOS and IMHO this is far from HOS worthy. You should feel some righteous satisfaction that you've held his feet to the fire and his burning toenails made him blink.

ps Never trust someone who doesn't know that the letter i should be capitalized when it's by itself. I

lol I was literally offered a refund one week ago and I should jump up right away to help him after he made me wait three months. What planet am I on here?

I don't know about "jump up right away," but you're saying pretty clearly up above that you'd just as soon not accept the refund and keep him on the PL. It's not what it's for.

Not to mention, it is kind of silly that he wants to put him in the HOS for over-grading ONE comic. He didn't have a problem with any of the other books, just the one. But he didn't want a partial refund that would have equaled the one book that he didn't like the grade of. Now he wants a full refund and the ability to keep all the books?!

In this case, I'm more likely to put A.Romeo on my own "don't deal with" list. Both buyer and seller in this situation are wrong on so many counts. :facepalm:

I don't know about "jump up right away," but you're saying pretty clearly up above that you'd just as soon not accept the refund and keep him on the PL. It's not what it's for.

I take full blame for not knowing the rules of the PL and HOS ,,,I wish I would have nominated him for the HOS earlier ... My fault lesson learned... Let zombizzy back on the boards to sucker someone else.

I won't go through the return process I don't trust getting a refund. I'd at least like to have something to show for my money

I take full blame for not knowing the rules of the PL and HOS ,,,I wish I would have nominated him for the HOS earlier ... My fault lesson learned... Let zombizzy back on the boards to sucker someone else.

I won't go through the return process I don't trust getting a refund. I'd at least like to have something to show for my money

So, ask him to refund you before you return the comics. For real, don't get bent out of shape, I swear we're (almost) all on your side. It's not personal. Take the refund, we'll get his name off the PL, and if he up again I promise, he'll have hell to pay, just watch.

Ok so

I agree that A Romeo shouldn't expect a full refund and keep the books - the fact that he said it in this thread after sharing that incoherent PM exchange tells me not to deal with either one of 'em.

Not to mention, it is kind of silly that he wants to put him in the HOS for over-grading ONE comic. He didn't have a problem with any of the other books, just the one. But he didn't want a partial refund that would have equaled the one book that he didn't like the grade of. Now he wants a full refund and the ability to keep all the books?!

In this case, I'm more likely to put A.Romeo on my own "don't deal with" list. Both buyer and seller in this situation are wrong on so many counts. :facepalm:

One book or a thousand books.. That one book is the one of value that isn't anywhere near what it was advertised to be and that one book was my reason for the purchase. Since you won't buy from me I do recommend you buy from www.thehouseofcomics.com. Since you don't mind buying over graded books and all