• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ok so

Zombizzy gave Columbia Comics a full refund and told him he could keep the books to get him off the PL

But Zombizzy is telling A Romero to send the books back to get a full refund.

Zombizzy can you confirm or deny this?

For the time that you have made me wait to get this resolved I will take a full refund if you let me keep the books the way you did with your previous issue. I won't risk sending them back and going through being ignored waiting for a refund. It's not worth that hassle.

Amazing that people on the boards still want you to sell..having two major issues selling in the past few months should raise red flags for everyone

You shouldn't expect to keep the books if he gives you a full refund. Do the honorable thing and send them back (but if and only if he gives you the full refund).

And we don't all "want to see him sell". If he makes things right with you he should have the opportunity to hang himself again. I myself wouldn't dream of buying from this guy.

I agree that A Romeo shouldn't expect a full refund and keep the books - the fact that he said it in this thread after sharing that incoherent PM exchange tells me not to deal with either one of 'em.

He offered it to the other guy he had an issue with so why wouldn't he give the same offer. I actually would never have thought of asking something like that until the one boardie brought it up. And I said it more as a joke I really don't want a refund or to send the books back its just ridiculous already. I was over it weeks ago and chalked it up as a loss. I am now requesting to take him off PL

Like I said I'd rather just eat the cost of what I paid and not see him be able to scam someone else on the boards than. I had actually given up on the subject until he contacted me out of the blue saying that he was now ready to work with me since he couldn't sell any longer.

Ill take one for the team

Sorry man. I know you're steamed, but it's not cool to just keep someone on the PL indefinitely after they've offered you a full refund. It's just not what the PL is for.

Not to mention, it is kind of silly that he wants to put him in the HOS for over-grading ONE comic. He didn't have a problem with any of the other books, just the one. But he didn't want a partial refund that would have equaled the one book that he didn't like the grade of. Now he wants a full refund and the ability to keep all the books?!

In this case, I'm more likely to put A.Romeo on my own "don't deal with" list. Both buyer and seller in this situation are wrong on so many counts. :facepalm:

One book or a thousand books.. That one book is the one of value that isn't anywhere near what it was advertised to be and that one book was my reason for the purchase. Since you won't buy from me I do recommend you buy from www.thehouseofcomics.com. Since you don't mind buying over graded books and all

If I wanted to buy ratty books at a sky-high price, I would buy these... oh wait, I'm not going to buy your books. meh

Like I said I'd rather just eat the cost of what I paid and not see him be able to scam someone else on the boards than. I had actually given up on the subject until he contacted me out of the blue saying that he was now ready to work with me since he couldn't sell any longer.

Sorry man. I know you're steamed, but it's not cool to just keep someone on the PL indefinitely after they've offered you a full refund. It's just not what the PL is for.

Not to mention, it is kind of silly that he wants to put him in the HOS for over-grading ONE comic. He didn't have a problem with any of the other books, just the one. But he didn't want a partial refund that would have equaled the one book that he didn't like the grade of. Now he wants a full refund and the ability to keep all the books?!

In this case, I'm more likely to put A.Romeo on my own "don't deal with" list. Both buyer and seller in this situation are wrong on so many counts. :facepalm:

One book or a thousand books.. That one book is the one of value that isn't anywhere near what it was advertised to be and that one book was my reason for the purchase. Since you won't buy from me I do recommend you buy from www.thehouseofcomics.com. Since you don't mind buying over graded books and all

If I wanted to buy ratty books at a sky-high price, I would buy these... oh wait, I'm not going to buy your books. meh

24 books for $35 ...yea ripoff you got me there

Edited by A.Romeo

Joe as a business man I pride myself on great customer service. I don't want him on the HOS over misgrading a book...I want him in the HOS for how he handled the situation. If he was willing to work with me from the start we wouldn't be having this discussion

Joe as a business man I pride myself on great customer service. I don't want him on the HOS over misgrading a book...I want him in the HOS for how he handled the situation. If he was willing to work with me from the start we wouldn't be having this discussion

The problem is, he is now willing to make good. That is one of the rules of the PL. If the person tries and does make good, then they are off the list.

Don't worry about letting him off the list. People read this thread and most people keep their own "lists" of boardies they will not deal with. Just because he is off the official PL list doesn't mean that boardies will want to deal with him in the future. His name may come off the list, but his name is mud in the minds of many people here. (thumbs u

I guess my issue is that I don't know how long someone has to "make good" it's been three months and all the sudden he comes along. What if it was a year later is he still able to make good at that point?

I guess my issue is that I don't know how long someone has to "make good" it's been three months and all the sudden he comes along. What if it was a year later is he still able to make good at that point?

There have been some cases where it was made good years later. There is no time limit. Get the refund first then send the books back. Then you'll be done with the headache.

Zombizzy/A.romeo Timeline

4/19 ARomeo - Id rather do a full return/refund as the books aren't worth anything to me if I can't grade them as possible 9.8's. The books in 9.2-9.4 range go for about $90 (combined) and that's already graded. For me to get my money back I have to pay to get them slabbed ($30 each) adding $60 + $95 = $155 in my expenses. Id be willing to meet in the middle with you and will go $40 as an acceptable refund. I can only hope the book goes up in value to get back what I have into it.

OK so the "I keep books, give me a full refund" doesn't seen reasonable to me - when going back to the PM's & ignoring the timeline - I'm trying to get some sense of "how you do things"

Please explain the math on 4/19 regarding the credit offer you rejected - I'm not clear on how saying a book is in 9.8 condition compels the seller to cover a buyers' "loss" of any grading fees, fast track service charges etc... nor do I see how your damages relate to both books. I guess the point is if you would have gotten a 9.8 graded but wouldn't bother with grading a 9.4 then why is fast track a relevant "loss", it's not a cost you were going to incur (if not slabbing) - your "loss" should relate to the book's value shouldn't it?

I may be missing something because I'm a bit buzzed, I don't get the numbers you are referring to in your 4/19 negotiation. Explain them. (shrug)

well this sure did escalade quickly

Not nice Joe.

4/19 ARomeo - Id rather do a full return/refund as the books aren't worth anything to me if I can't grade them as possible 9.8's. The books in 9.2-9.4 range go for about $90 (combined) and that's already graded. For me to get my money back I have to pay to get them slabbed ($30 each) adding $60 + $95 = $155 in my expenses. Id be willing to meet in the middle with you and will go $40 as an acceptable refund. I can only hope the book goes up in value to get back what I have into it.

OK so the "I keep books, give me a full refund" doesn't seen reasonable to me - when going back to the PM's & ignoring the timeline - I'm trying to get some sense of "how you do things"

Please explain the math on 4/19 regarding the credit offer you rejected - I'm not clear on how saying a book is in 9.8 condition compels the seller to cover a buyers' "loss" of any grading fees, fast track service charges etc... nor do I see how your damages relate to both books. I guess the point is if you would have gotten a 9.8 graded but wouldn't bother with grading a 9.4 then why is fast track a relevant "loss", it's not a cost you were going to incur (if not slabbing) - your "loss" should relate to the book's value shouldn't it?

I may be missing something because I'm a bit buzzed, I don't get the numbers you are referring to in your 4/19 negotiation. Explain them. (shrug)

If you read everything that has been said regarding the credit without returning statement, I stated I said that as more of a joke because that is how one poster stated Zombizzy handled his previous escalation with a buyer, so I figured why wouldn't he offer me the same.

I had also stated at one point I would have taken a $40 refund to settle the deal, the loss in value from the grade of a 9.8 to something that looks like a 9.2 can be fairly significant. zombizzy refused my $40 ask of a refund and would only offer $20. After him ignoring me for weeks at a time only to come back and answer me in one sentence answers, I had now said only a full refund would work which I originally wanted in the first place, but Zombizzy would not accept that or the $40 refund.. Months later when Zombizzy wanted to sell more books is when he was willing to offer me a full refund because it now benefits him on his timetable. A buyer shouldn't have to be held by the balls by the seller.

Again if Zombizzy was a legit seller he would have worked this out up front. Instead he chose to ignore my PMs

If you read everything that has been said regarding the credit without returning statement, I stated I said that as more of a joke because that is how one poster stated Zombizzy handled his previous escalation with a buyer, so I figured why wouldn't he offer me the same.

I had also stated at one point I would have taken a $40 refund to settle the deal, the loss in value from the grade of a 9.8 to something that looks like a 9.2 can be fairly significant. zombizzy refused my $40 ask of a refund and would only offer $20. After him ignoring me for weeks at a time only to come back and answer me in one sentence answers, I had now said only a full refund would work which I originally wanted in the first place, but Zombizzy would not accept that or the $40 refund.. Months later when Zombizzy wanted to sell more books is when he was willing to offer me a full refund because it now benefits him on his timetable. A buyer shouldn't have to be held by the balls by the seller.

Again if Zombizzy was a legit seller he would have worked this out up front. Instead he chose to ignore my PMs

He's offering a full refund now. Take the refund, agree to him coming off the PL, and move on.

I can understand how it makes you want to see someone not do business on the board when they refuse to work with you on an issue. However, right now...you're not appearing to be much better at that one.

:makepoint:

He's offering a full refund now. Take the refund, agree to him coming off the PL, and move on.

I can understand how it makes you want to see someone not do business on the board when they refuse to work with you on an issue. However, right now...you're not appearing to be much better at that one.

:makepoint:

I've stated twice in this thread to remove him from the PL. so for you this will be a third time I am saying to take Zombizzy off the PL

So you demanded a $40 refund based on some weird opportunity cost gymnastics and he offered you $20? My personal stance on partial refunds is that they are generally used for extortion purposes. He didn't agree with your math and that's why Zombizzy is on the PL? Yeah, I'm not so sure about the validity of this case. You may want to seriously consider letting this one go and moving on because the more details you reveal, the worse you look.

So you demanded a $40 refund based on some weird opportunity cost gymnastics and he offered you $20? My personal stance on partial refunds is that they are generally used for extortion purposes. He didn't agree with your math and that's why Zombizzy is on the PL? Yeah, I'm not so sure about the validity of this case. You may want to seriously consider letting this one go and moving on because the more details you reveal, the worse you look.

^ doh!

4th time I'll say this, Take Zombizzy off the PL, he is a standup guy and offered a $20 refund on a $95 purchase on books that were not as advertised. As a buyer, you are all right, I should eat the loss of $75 for books I never would have purchased in the first place.

5th Time Take Zombizzy off the PL

6th Time Take zombizzy off the PL.

I don't have a bad history of bad buying/selling transactions on these boards, I have posted my Kudos thread and I still get backlash from this community.

If you buy something at a retail store, and your not satisfied in anyway, are you not allowed to take that item back for a full refund? Why should this situation be any different? If a full refund was offered up front instead of $20, again, we wouldn't be having this conversation. My ask for a return/refund was immediate upon delivery of the books. Zombizzy has drug this out for three months now.

My posts may seem heated because I am now starting to question some other board members integrity on here now.

Edited by A.Romeo