• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

J Dub, I honestly don't see any problem with posting an edited version of the transcript. Anything he took out really had to do with a personal conversation you two were having about careers and life and stuff. If anything an edited transcript makes things easier, because people don't have to read through stuff that does not pertain to the discussion. Its not like he removed you asking him about shipping your book. Just my 2c

Did you miss the first line where it says will be put in full? That normally means no editing.......no matter what

Edited by J DUB

I can't figure out what y'all are arguing about...

I think I got it but there appears to be a little throwing people under the bus while not wanting to throw people under the bus. :eek:

J Dub, I honestly don't see any problem with posting an edited version of the transcript. Anything he took out really had to do with a personal conversation you two were having about careers and life and stuff. If anything an edited transcript makes things easier, because people don't have to read through stuff that does not pertain to the discussion. Its not like he removed you asking him about shipping your book. Just my 2c

Did you miss the first line where it says will be put in full? That normally means no editing.......no matter what

lol

I am a big fan of the circle jerk. Hilarious.

Jake -

At the end of the day, and this goes for everyone, if you are going to conduct business here you have to be "present".

You can't solicit things for sale or set up opportunities and disappear for what appears to be weeks or months at a time and this seems to be what is upsetting people. At least pop in from now and then and give people updates so they know what's going on. It takes little effort to do this. Just a post from time to time in the original sales thread or op solicit thread.

I personally understand how difficult it can be to keep track of PM messages but it has to be done. People are giving you money to complete a transaction. It may be a small amount, it may be a large amount, but everyone should be treated equally and with the same respect you would expect if you were the buyer.

You may not be aware but this kind of stuff effects everyone on the boards and their ability to conduct business here, especially the others setting up Ops with other creators.

Jake -

At the end of the day, and this goes for everyone, if you are going to conduct business here you have to be "present".

You can't solicit things for sale or set up opportunities and disappear for what appears to be weeks or months at a time and this seems to be what is upsetting people. At least pop in from now and then and give people updates so they know what's going on. It takes little effort to do this. Just a post from time to time in the original sales thread or op solicit thread.

I personally understand how difficult it can be to keep track of PM messages but it has to be done. People are giving you money to complete a transaction. It may be a small amount, it may be a large amount, but everyone should be treated equally and with the same respect you would expect if you were the buyer.

You may not be aware but this kind of stuff effects everyone on the boards and their ability to conduct business here, especially the others setting up Ops with other creators.

Dre,

I think we went over this, I post my personal cell phone number, my email, my address. I am not hard to reach.

If you check out my recent and I say recent over like 6 months or so I have facilitated one event publicly. I have a single and problematic opp which is on its way to being completed. I do books for my friends now, and honestly have no time to publicly facilitate. I own a growing art studio, do my own opps, I work for other conventions and now it looks like I am putting on two or three of my own conventions this year.

All this talk about I need to slow down etc is after the fact. I have slowed down a lot on taking subs and only do it in general by request of the show or a customer.

My point is I have always been available and very quick to take care of any issues that have arisen.

I do my best that is all I can do.

If there was some issue here that was ongoing, that I would not or could not fix then I would agree we have something left here to talk about. As of now I have quickly taken care of any outstanding issues or problems with the books in question.

Is the rest of this just entertainment for you because I don't see much new here or of much substance.

I guess I did, was the point that I need to use PM's cause I get that is what your opinion is on it.

If you got it, you wouldn't have posted this, Jake:

I think we went over this, I post my personal cell phone number, my email, my address. I am not hard to reach.

The onus is on you to communicate with your clients - whether they be participants in a sketch opp or buyers from one of your sales threads. You're the one responsible for keeping them informed of delays, mishaps, etc - they shouldn't have to track you down outside of the boards for an opportunity you posted here.

Jake -

+1

And vying your differences on a public forum is just....bad. Period.

Edited by MetalPSI

Jake -

What does "vying your differences" mean?

Jake -

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/vying

I R GOOGLE

Edited by MetalPSI

I guess I did, was the point that I need to use PM's cause I get that is what your opinion is on it.

If you got it, you wouldn't have posted this, Jake:

The onus is on you to communicate with your clients - whether they be participants in a sketch opp or buyers from one of your sales threads. You're the one responsible for keeping them informed of delays, mishaps, etc - they shouldn't have to track you down outside of the boards for an opportunity you posted here.

Yes I meant to say I guess I didn't understand the point. Typo.

I posted our outside communication in this case. I was under the impression I SENT THE BOOK.What else can I say or do. Its a mistake. I talk to most of my customers on Facebook and email and the boards. But asking that business be done through email from now on its not a huge burden of a thing to ask.

I am not soliciting for a bunch of sketch opps or whatever and ignoring something that is a problem.

I have done a single... just one mail away opp this year. It did no go quickly, what else can I say or do here?

Jake -

I R GOOGLE

I know what vying means, but not "vying your differences." :shrug:

Jake -

I R GOOGLE

I would guess he meant "airing your differences."

Jake -

I R GOOGLE

I would guess he meant "airing your differences."

Ah, arguing? Arguing on a chat board is just...bad. Period?