• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

This isn't a community. This isn't a family. There are a few here that have made friends and genuinely care about each other. But the vast majority are just a bunch of internet nuts with time on their hands, axes to grind, imaginary reputations to defend, and collections to bolster. Incredibly entertaining at times, but not people I would trust farther than my fist can reach - or in your case the extent of my PayPal protection.

You don't really believe this, do you? Even after all the good that has been done on here to help others selflessly when they needed such assistance, but were afraid to ask?

Is this a continuation of your indignation over my comment about the other messsage boards? Seriously, take me out of your sights.

Reread what I wrote. There are a few here that have hearts of gold and in the right places. But most . . . not so much.

Public donations to charity do not a family make, otherwise me and the bell ringers at Target would be best friends. The few don't care about getting recognition for their generosity. They don't attach social climbing or getting a comic book in return for it. They do it because it's the right thing to do, and they do it quietly and selflessly. And they do it more often than we will ever know.

Posting the same tired memes in birthday threads means nothing to me. Buying or selling to boardies means nothing to me. On the other hand, sending backstabbing politically-motived PMs about others, or mailing out a deceased boardie's comic book without protection in the cheapest way possible does.

Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!

Oh come off that high horse Ditch... you are really no better than the rest of us.

Since you don't buy and sell, here your opinion SHOULD carry less weight... and trust me, it does.

Hey Buddy. :hi:

You have strange ideas about family and community. They seem to be transaction based. :screwy:

And for the record, I don't make my purchases here known. I don't care whether others know the size and girth of my collection.

This isn't a community. This isn't a family. There are a few here that have made friends and genuinely care about each other. But the vast majority are just a bunch of internet nuts with time on their hands, axes to grind, imaginary reputations to defend, and collections to bolster. Incredibly entertaining at times, but not people I would trust farther than my fist can reach - or in your case the extent of my PayPal protection.

You don't really believe this, do you? Even after all the good that has been done on here to help others selflessly when they needed such assistance, but were afraid to ask?

Is this a continuation of your indignation over my comment about the other messsage boards? Seriously, take me out of your sights.

Reread what I wrote. There are a few here that have hearts of gold and in the right places. But most . . . not so much.

Public donations to charity do not a family make, otherwise me and the bell ringers at Target would be best friends. The few don't care about getting recognition for their generosity. They don't attach social climbing or getting a comic book in return for it. They do it because it's the right thing to do, and they do it quietly and selflessly. And they do it more often than we will ever know.

Posting the same tired memes in birthday threads means nothing to me. Buying or selling to boardies means nothing to me. On the other hand, sending backstabbing politically-motived PMs about others, or mailing out a deceased boardie's comic book without protection in the cheapest way possible does.

Maybe Christmas, he thought... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps... means a little bit more!

You are the person that made the pretty negative statement about this community - not me. And you don't see a bunch of us walking around with badges making it sound like every donation or other contribution makes us better than anyone. We just jump right in as a COMMUNITY and do it. That is what you are missing.

So this isn't about some imagined vendetta you have in your mind. This was about such a wild statement like you posted about the overall community. Nothing more than that. Though it is sad to see you had to add so much more to this to prove the vendetta checklist you are maintaining in your mind.

Step back from the keyboard and think about it for a moment. The primary focus was on a board member that isn't following through on sales. You added so much noise to that discussion that had nothing to do with the situation at hand.

:foryou:

Oh come off that high horse Ditch... you are really no better than the rest of us.

Since you don't buy and sell, here your opinion SHOULD carry less weight... and trust me, it does.

Hey Buddy. :hi:

You have strange ideas about family and community. They seem to be transaction based. :screwy:

And for the record, I don't make my purchases here known. I don't care whether others know the size and girth of my collection.

What's up pal. :hi:

Your views on family and community strangely mirror mine based on your interaction with others in the past hm

Trust me... no one cares about your size and girth either... but keep pushing it around in others faces ;)

You are the person that made the pretty negative statement about this community - not me. And you don't see a bunch of us walking around with badges making it sound like every donation or other contribution makes us better than anyone. We just jump right in as a COMMUNITY and do it. That is what you are missing.

So this isn't about some imagined vendetta you have in your mind. This was about such a wild statement like you posted about the overall community. Nothing more than that. Though it is sad to see you had to add so much more to this to prove the vendetta checklist you are maintaining in your mind.

Step back from the keyboard and think about it for a moment. The primary focus was on a board member that isn't following through on sales. You added so much noise to that discussion that had nothing to do with the situation at hand.

Sweetheart, he's the one who brought up family, not me. He seemed to think that since everything eventually works itself out after several months of butthurt it's ok; and that that's how families operate. That's not my definition of a family . . . but maybe it's yours.

Regarding the other stuff, you've had nothing to say to me about comic book related comments even when I've reached out to you before. Yet after years of silence you come out of the woodwork twice in one week over comments I've made that you seem to think are specifically about you. They weren't. Your sensitivity tells volumes Babe.

I'm with Swick. Let's not derail this thread. If you or Rupp or anyone else in your tent wants to talk about real or perceived butthurt, then just send me a PM. That is, of course, unless your real intent is something more public. :)

25kk0ah.gif

Not another Team A vs. Team B.

Keep the topic on point - A-DONIS Probation Nomination by several members.

lol

My on point post regarding Adonis is that this is a continuous pattern of interest free loans he is getting from the sales forum.

While he technically may "make it right" within the rules laid out, he has repeatedly done this with multiple people. At this point, he is Lighthouse light.

The PL is a temporary list and a possible solution to a transaction. The HOS is for egregious offenses and habitual problem children.

:acclaim:

That being said team A is full of light, love and happiness while Team B is full of black hearts, darkness and drek.

Condescending names like "sweetheart" and "babe" really don't help your argument buddy.

Kinda makes you sound like a little Ditch.

But alas, you are correct. Please PM me and I will tell you exactly how I feel about your board persona, your opinion, and you :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

:applause:

Sweetheart, he's the one who brought up family, not me. He seemed to think that since everything eventually works itself out after several months of butthurt it's ok; and that that's how families operate. That's not my definition of a family . . . but maybe it's yours.

Regarding the other stuff, you've had nothing to say to me about comic book related comments even when I've reached out to you before. Yet after years of silence you come out of the woodwork twice in one week over comments I've made that you seem to think are specifically about you. They weren't. Your sensitivity tell volumes Babe.

I'm with Swick. Let's not derail this thread. If you or Rupp or anyone else in your tent wants to talk about real or perceived butthurt, then just send me a PM. That is, of course, unless your real intent is something more public. :)

Sweetheart? Why are you going down that path? Did I call you any names, lovingly or not?

And now starting to make it sound like there is a list of people that have it in for you. It all goes back to the public statement you made about this community. Why not again think about it, step back from the keyboard, and let this go where it needs to in focusing on Adonis.

And please save the name-calling for your PM crew. I'm not calling you any names, so no need to be so negative.

PR spin in process. lol

"Your opinion only matters if you buy or sell here"? Community indeed.

There is something really wrong with you two. :facepalm:

Have a nice day, boards.

Once again, I vote that Adonis needs to go into the HOS.

That being said team A is full of light, love and happiness while Team B is full of black hearts, darkness and drek.

Wait...which team am I on again?

I'm holding out for #teamtarantula. Those guys seem cool...and they got COI and Chrisco. :cloud9:

There's more than one.

OP posted on the 9th, right? So, the 12th is three days. Or my math is bad.

EDIT: O, it was 11:11 pm on the 9th. So y'know, late Sunday... :)

Edited by Speedy-D