• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
20 20

36,203 posts in this topic

Isn't this the same thing Symbiotic did? hm

He was about to be added to the Probation List and "through [himself] at the mercy of the Boards" and talked about how he wasn't going to sell anymore?

No offense Adonis, but why not try to work something out with the people that gave you a loan additional to simply giving them a refund or sending them the books they were expecting a month ago? Why not take your lumps and use this as a learning experience instead of playing the role of victim and throwing your hands up in the air and saying - "I'm taking my ball and going home."

I have been and we're on track.

Trust me, I don't want to walk away, I rather take a public beating than to leave.

But I feel like the masses are against me.

FYI, I'm not aware of Symbiotic or what his deal was.

I'll gladly take a lashing /beating and chalk it up to a learning changing experience.

I don't want to leave, if anything, I WANT to be here just as your or anyone else.

My shipping Procrastination is My fault. But again, I do think steal, nor would I ever.

There's more than one.

OP posted on the 9th, right? So, the 12th is three days. Or my math is bad.

EDIT: O, it was 11:11 pm on the 9th. So y'know, late Sunday... :)

I meant there is more than one aggrieved party other OP/nominator to be made whole.

CAHokie

Barth

AlexH

MoJoePin

backpedal.gif

:baiting:

lol

I'm not backpeddling! I've been trying to stick to the topic. :baiting:

qVuCHOA.png

:sumo:

Isn't this the same thing Symbiotic did? hm

He was about to be added to the Probation List and "through [himself] at the mercy of the Boards" and talked about how he wasn't going to sell anymore?

No offense Adonis, but why not try to work something out with the people that gave you a loan additional to simply giving them a refund or sending them the books they were expecting a month ago? Why not take your lumps and use this as a learning experience instead of playing the role of victim and throwing your hands up in the air and saying - "I'm taking my ball and going home."

I have been and we're on track.

Trust me, I don't want to walk away, I rather take a public beating than to leave.

But I feel like the masses are against me.

FYI, I'm not aware of Symbiotic or what his deal was.

At the end of the day, people will make their own decisions to deal with you or not deal with you. You have to understand that being a shipping procrastinator means that people were without their money or product for months. Like I said, I don't think there was any malicious intent but there was undoubtedly an air of indifference which would pizz you of anyone else off if you were on the other side.

Intent, of course, makes a huge difference. If I were to start a sales thread this weekend and sell $1000 worth of books and then not ship for two months with little or no communication and at some point, maybe two months later, refund all the money (or most and send out a couple of books), I might have been placed on the PL list and then been placed back in good standing.

Now, let's say I do this every six months or so. And let's say my intentions aren't pure. I actually see the benefit of the interest free loan, and hell, I don't even have half the books I put up in the sales thread. Now, I am pretty much a scumbag (I am gonna pay for typing that lol ).

The difference between that scenario and yours is intent. That intent has given you the benefit of he doubt and the ability to continue selling on these boards as no one thinks your intention was to steal.

You still reaped all the benefits. There isn't really a black and white solution for this other than to prove yourself by I would still recommend you for the HOS. A big black mark sure but in this case it think there is potential for the HOS list to be used in a good way. Leave yourself on there until you have proven your issues are behind you. Continue doing sales threads and put a link in your sales thread that says "Hey, I have screwed up numerous times but I am trying to earn back your confidence."

Not ideal but a potential solution since I am of the opinion your transgressions are HOS worthy.

Am I on a team?

(Flashbacks of failed kickball memories rush through my mind :( )

I just signed you up for the dodgeball team.

Get ready.

article-2214670-0177FDCC0000044D-85_634x422.jpg

:takeit: You can be on my team if you want Ryan. 2 Ryans against the world. Run it

Feathered and Lethal lol Word Cotton

Team A and B are sedentary and boring.

While #TEAMTARANTULA is taken such wondrous and colorful names are still available such as The Wanderers, The Warriors, The Baseball Furies etc.

We might as well make it fun.

Park,

I couldn't agree with you more, and I completely understand where you're coming from.

However, HOS is a complete ban from sales, or any other form of transactions from the boards, right?

Or would you rather Me workout my issues, and then start fresh.

Park,

I couldn't agree with you more, and I completely understand where you're coming from.

However, HOS is a complete ban from sales, or any other form of transactions from the boards, right?

No. Boardies have no authority or control over whether you sell or buy here. The PL and HOS are warning systems.

I think Park is recommending that you continue to sell if you like, while also incorporating the warning into your threads. Then as you earn trust, presumable from boardies who don't read or care about the warning systems, you can someday petition to have yourself removed from those lists.

My stance is that I want the books I paid for. Despite being told by several boardies that I should just take a refund and walk away, I feel that is the easy way out for him. I would prefer that Adonis follow through with the transaction, (and he has told me that he will), and only then would I recommend his removal from the PL for my transaction. Hopefully he has been in contact with the other members to come to a solution for them as well.

I've seen her thread bashing when someone is on the PL list.

It's something not funny to read or handle.

Her?

Boardies can get a strike for posting more than one warning in a sales thread (threadcrapping). If you put a link to your PL/HOS at the beginning of a sales thread, there would be no reason for anyone to add anything more.

I'm not sure this is workable or the right thing to do, but that's the gist of it I think.

Luckily, to my knowledge this is just a PL nomination. That means that when you make things right, you come off and can move forward and just try to be a better seller/shipper. Im not for sure this meets the criteria for HOS (and I could be wrong), as that is/should be reserved for people that are total scumbags.

Park,

No. Boardies have no authority or control over whether you sell or buy here. The PL and HOS are warning systems.

I think Park is recommending that you continue to sell if you like, while also incorporating the warning into your threads. Then as you earn trust, presumable from boardies who don't read or care about the warning systems, you can someday petition to have yourself removed from those lists.

Yeah that's where I was going with it. It isn't ideal but it is a thought and would show, at least in my mind, sincerity in wanting to do the right thing.

That being said, CAhokie and others want the books. It wasn't a money issue. They are looking at one of a kind things and I can understand them being doubly pizzed. Fix those things first, man.

My "solution" is just an idea. I think it is a good one but there are gonna be downsides no matter what but owning it is gonna go a long ways towards anyone taking a dump in any future sales threads.

Edited by Park

These two alone...

2. I will NOT behave in a manner that will cause anger, disrespect, or embarrassmant to CGC and the Signature Series Program.

3. I will DO my best to make sure that the customer is satisfied with any and all Signature Series related issues.

should set the tone how these transactions are handled.

He's going on the PL in a day or so from the CAhokie nomination.

Asking Adonis to commit here to post some mea culpa in all of his future sales threads seems like a lot to ask.

I figure we've probably got a week or so before CAhokie gets his books & is willing to remove him from the PL - at that point, prior to requesting his removal, CAHokie should just post here and ask if any of the other individuals object to his removal from the PL. Anyone else comes forward or reiterates their valid claim...he stays on.

That gives Adonis time to work through any other outstanding potential objections that might surface from others who have come forward in this thread recently.

By the way, there's nothing preventing someone who is completely sincere about restoring all parties from paying a nominal interest fee on the value of the books or money sent over the duration of the delay. This would take out the opportunity cost and help to restore real balance to the world.

Asking Adonis to commit here to post some mea culpa in all of his future sales threads seems like a lot to ask.

I figure we've probably got a week or so before CAhokie gets his books & is willing to remove him from the PL - at that point, prior to requesting his removal, CAHokie should just post here and ask if any of the other individuals object to his removal from the PL. Anyone else comes forward or reiterates their valid claim...he stays on.

That gives Adonis time to work through any other outstanding potential objections that might surface from others who have come forward in this thread recently.

I haven't tracked all transactions coming through here as my buying has gone down drastically. The challenges of clearing what was a long want list at one point.

But this isn't the first CAW/facilitator transaction that has come up where mishandling of submissions led to a PL recommendation. Should someone serving in this role assisting in CGC signature submissions ever even get this far?

As a CGC CAW/Facilitator, I promise to do the following:

1. I will conduct myself in a kind, courteous and professional manner when dealing with creators, customers, members of the Collector's Society Chat Boards, CGC Employees, CGC CAW's and other CGC Signature Series Facilitators.

2. I will NOT behave in a manner that will cause anger, disrespect, or embarrassmant to CGC and the Signature Series Program.

3. I will DO my best to make sure that the customer is satisfied with any and all Signature Series related issues.

4. I will NOT speak badly, spread rumors, or cause harm to a fellow CAW/Facilitator or member of the Collector's Society Char Boards.

5. I will deliver the best possible customer service to any and all Collector's Society members.

I understand that failing to follow any of these Rules of Conduct/Ethics, CGC has the right to suspend or terminate my contract as a CAW/Facilitator status, as well as my CGC Member Dealer and/or Collector's Society priviledges. Any conduct detrimental to the integrity or confidence in the CGC Signature Series Program will result in severing all ties with the CGC Signature Series Facilitator (or CAW).

Respectfully Submitted,

(Your CAW/Faciliator)

In the man's own words, this should be unacceptable. They are representing CGC in these engagements, are they not?

I agree and will do exactly that.