• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like to nominate MrDeafComics for release from the Probation List.

The books I had ordered arrived this afternoon....the sketch was missing but that is not important

Books have arrived in good condition. I will be contacting my bank on Monday to let them know.

The sketch was included. It was packed with the free comics sandwhiched in the cardboard.

and yes, I did also send a separate PM in a new PM thread notifying him, with a link to this page.

Sounds like the Igotchurmoney Flu Virus.

Symptoms include fatigue, inability to log in to email accounts, and fear of boxes.

So unfortunately I have a probation nomination against chriswALKEN.

The thread purchased from is http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=316029&Number=7081537#Post7081537

I'm just going to paste our conversation from PM to be as specific and accurate as possible.

10/23 me:Could you do 325 shipped on that x-men lot?

10/23 chris:How about 335 speed if you're able to pay soon, I'm looking for payment by Friday, or sooner.

Thank you for the interest

Chris

Sorry i meant shipped not speed

10/23 me:yeah, that works. my paypal email is ajulliay@yahoo.com

I can pay today

10/24 chris:Excellent,if you want to send $335 over to my paypal address: ca.wahl@gmail.com, we can get this deal wrapped up and these books shipped out \(thumbs u

10/24 me:payment sent. and that issue 97 and the annual are gonna be in with the lot, right?

10/28 me:hey. have the books been shipped / any tracking info? Thanks

11/2 chris:I just wanted to contact you and apologize for the delay, I've had some difficulties over the past week and have just gotten back on track as of yesterday which explains my absence from the boards . Everything is packaged and good to go, I'm getting it out priority Monday morning so it should be there by midweek since priority is usually 2-3 shipping time.

I thank you again for the purchase, every sale helps out and I appreciate it

Chris

11/2 me:no worries. thanks for the update

11/9 me:hey, do you have the tracking info for the package?

11/12 me:Hey man, I feel I've been more than patient with you shipping the books out, but as of yet I still have not received the package or any tracking info. You said it would be shipped out last Monday, so it should have been here by now if it had been.

Since there's been no response to the message I sent you 3 days ago, I'm going to have to file a claim with paypal if you don't respond and can't prove you've actually sent the package.

11/12 chris:Im not going to make excuses or anything, I let some things get in the way of me getting the package out and from one collector to another, or even as one person to another, I apologize. I guarantee that the books will be in your hands soon I want to say Saturday at the latest. I know free extra comics won't make up for my delays but I hope it helps. I said no excuses but I can do explanations. I also wanted to say that i did not mean to ingore your message from three days ago, I did not see anything until this message notified me.

I thank you for your patience and generosity

Chris

11/12 me:I appreciate the honesty. If you could send me the tracking number when you have it, that would be great. Thanks

-Andre

11/16 me:Hey Chris. I got the books today. Look good, and I appreciate the extras.

But there are 3 books from the listing that were not included that were supposed to be. 131, 213, and 381 variant.

11/16 chris:Im really sorry about that, I actually found another stack that was going to you, they're in there I must have slipped them when trying to secure its packaging. I will get them out Monday I give you my word. I'm off from work that day. I'm glad they got to you in one piece and that you seem satisfied. I wish circumstances had allowed me to take care of this sooner, but things are getting better. I thank you once again for your patience.

Thank you,

Chris

11/16 me: cool deal. I'll be on the lookout for them. (unread)

11/22 me:hey chris. I was wondering if you had a chance to send those books out monday, and if you had any tracking info? Thanks (unread)

Just now (11/24) from me to him - This transaction has now taken more than 30 days. I've been understanding of whatever you have going on in your personal life, but at this point I have no other option than to involve 3rd parties. I have filed a claim with paypal, and will be posting the details of this in the probation forum.

If you cannot complete this transaction, I'm more than willing to send back the books you have already sent. At this point, I just want the transaction to be finished one way or the other.

I'm not saying that your seller is doing a good job BUT....

You got a partial shipment and you only discovered the error nine days ago - I'd personally give it more time before coming here & doing a chargeback.

What is your paypal claim for? The full amount or partial?

You got a partial shipment and you only discovered the error nine days ago - I'd personally give it more time before coming here & doing a chargeback.

I didn't just suddenly discover the error nine days ago. That is the day I got the first part of the shipment, and contacted him the same day. Considering I only have 45 days on paypal to file the claim, at what point during that 45 days do you consider acceptable? I felt like 30 was more than enough.

The claim is for the full amount if he's not able to send the rest of the books. I said on paypal, and on here, that I'm fine sending the other books back if the original purchase cannot be fulfilled.

I didn't just suddenly discover the error nine days ago. That is the day I got the first part of the shipment, and contacted him the same day. Considering I only have 45 days on paypal to file the claim, at what point during that 45 days do you consider acceptable? I felt like 30 was more than enough.

The claim is for the full amount if he's not able to send the rest of the books. I said on paypal, and on here, that I'm fine sending the other books back if the original purchase cannot be fulfilled.

OK - this is what you claimed for $335

would anyone be interested in an X-men lot for $400

including loads of keys

#130-131

2 copies of #266

#381 Chrome variant

#210-213

Most copies fall into VF/NM condition if not all of them with the exception of one of the #266's which would be around VF or higher. All nice looking copies straight from my collection. I will gladly post scans and do pictures but I'm just gauging interest.

Can also throw in some of those amazing Silvestri issues, some of my favorite covers

You were shortshipped a few books of far less value.

11/16 me:Hey Chris. I got the books today. Look good, and I appreciate the extras.

But there are 3 books from the listing that were not included that were supposed to be. 131, 213, and 381 variant.

You are doing a chargeback for full value and bringing it to probation quickly (yes your original purchase is over a month old but the error was discovered 8 days ago) over about $20 worth of books. (shrug)

edit - I don't think if the guy came through on sending most of the books & made a shipping error that there's any reason to suspect he's trying to rip you off for those last few books.

Edited by bababooey

I need to make a public apology for an err on my part to jsilverjanet

There was miscommunication about a potential sale that I thought he wasn't interested in and thus I had offered it to another buyer for less who agreed and then claimed in on the thread.

Reading back on the history, I realized on my part that he was actually interested and I just never sent him my paypal midst the conversations we were having.

Obviously this isn't something I neither intended nor wanted to have happened and I believe there is no longer interest in the book.

If you have suggestions or would like to comment on what course of action I should do, please let me know what I should do as I know this was a bad mistake.

apology accepted no need to do anything else. thanks.

You are doing a chargeback for full value and bringing it to probation quickly (yes your original purchase is over a month old but the error was discovered 8 days ago) over about $20 worth of books. (shrug)

edit - I don't think if the guy came through on sending most of the books & made a shipping error that there's any reason to suspect he's trying to rip you off for those last few books.

If the books were sent out in a timely manner to begin with, and the additional books as well when the shipping error was brought to his attention, this wouldn't be an issue. If Chris gets up with me and sends the books out, or for some reason can't and wants to offer a partial refund, than that is fine as well. But I'm done making assumptions on when Chris will respond or ship. I bought a group of books, and it shouldn't matter whether it's $20 or $200 that's not included. It's still an incomplete transaction. I thought the whole point of this thread was to post about transactions that weren't completed in the 30 days.

And I don't think for a second that he's trying to rip me off for those last few books. I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and I'd rather him just ship out the rest of the books so we can be done with the transaction.

But again, I ask, at what point during the 45 days for paypal am I supposed to wait to take care of this? And at what point, with reasonable communication from me and the board rule of 30 days, am I supposed to post in this forum?

If the books were sent out in a timely manner to begin with, and the additional books as well when the shipping error was brought to his attention, this wouldn't be an issue. If Chris gets up with me and sends the books out, or for some reason can't and wants to offer a partial refund, than that is fine as well. But I'm done making assumptions on when Chris will respond or ship. I bought a group of books, and it shouldn't matter whether it's $20 or $200 that's not included. It's still an incomplete transaction. I thought the whole point of this thread was to post about transactions that weren't completed in the 30 days.

And I don't think for a second that he's trying to rip me off for those last few books. I don't think he's a bad guy at all, and I'd rather him just ship out the rest of the books so we can be done with the transaction.

But again, I ask, at what point during the 45 days for paypal am I supposed to wait to take care of this? And at what point, with reasonable communication from me and the board rule of 30 days, am I supposed to post in this forum?

I'm not saying you don't have a reason to complain about this but your actions - PL nomination & filing a Paypal claim - are NOT an indication that you're anticipating a satisfactory outcome.

If there hadn't been a shipping error, even with his delays you got most of your books before 30 days. You can certainly bring the issue here & make your case - my opinion/advice means as much or less than the next guy.

I *personally* would reset any 30 day probie clock at the last point of action/reaction (Nov 16th) but that's my own way of dealing with things (I'm not talking about the rules) With the Paypal thing, I honestly don't know if I'd file one but if I expected a positive outcome I'd wait as long as possible.

Also, poor communication sucks and unread messages are annoying but he may not log in often & he hasn't posted since the 16th...you'll be more annoyed if he starts posting like crazy without reading your PM. :jokealert:

I need to make a public apology for an err on my part to jsilverjanet

There was miscommunication about a potential sale that I thought he wasn't interested in and thus I had offered it to another buyer for less who agreed and then claimed in on the thread.

Reading back on the history, I realized on my part that he was actually interested and I just never sent him my paypal midst the conversations we were having.

Obviously this isn't something I neither intended nor wanted to have happened and I believe there is no longer interest in the book.

If you have suggestions or would like to comment on what course of action I should do, please let me know what I should do as I know this was a bad mistake.

apology accepted no need to do anything else. thanks.

:applause:

I'm not saying you don't have a reason to complain about this but your actions - PL nomination & filing a Paypal claim - are NOT an indication that you're anticipating a satisfactory outcome.

If there hadn't been a shipping error, even with his delays you got most of your books before 30 days. You can certainly bring the issue here & make your case - my opinion/advice means as much or less than the next guy.

I *personally* would reset any 30 day probie clock at the last point of action/reaction (Nov 16th) but that's my own way of dealing with things (I'm not talking about the rules) With the Paypal thing, I honestly don't know if I'd file one but if I expected a positive outcome I'd wait as long as possible.

Also, poor communication sucks and unread messages are annoying but he may not log in often & he hasn't posted since the 16th...you'll be more annoyed if he starts posting like crazy without reading your PM. :jokealert:

+1

I'm assuming that his filing a paypal claim is intended to force a resolution, yes? If so that is not unreasonable. Sometimes it takes a pending claim on paypal to get matters expedited. And paypal does expect also the two parties to try and resolve things before escalating.

I'd like to request that Robert Beerbohm be put on the probation and potentially Hall of Shame list. He entered into a $3600 transaction with me on May 31st. I bought 341 pulps from him (His remaining stock, 200ish were late argosy's hence the lower value considering the larger amount of pulps). He was suppose to have them to me within a week. It's been 6 months now. I've called him, pmed him (through ebay or text), emailed him over 50 times at this point. As of two months ago he no longer responds. He is still an active seller on ebay, and still talks to others on the forum, he just dodges me. I started a thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7197163&fpart=1

In it I discovered, that Bob has been doing this for decades. There are records of at least a dozen other people from these forums telling horror stories of how they had been stolen from by him.

I've included a screenshot of my original Paypal payment to prove that I'm legitimate. Additional information can also be found in the thread I posted the link of above.

I am unable to get my money back through paypal as it's been more then 90 days (he kept putting me off promising me it was in the mail) and I did NOT use a credit card when I checked out.

He's been doing this at least since the 90's. It just seems that no one has been angered to the point (or stolen from as much as I have now been), to post something on these forums reporting his behavior before. He likes to trade using other board members as references as well. Please help me put a stop to this guy. And help me get him to make good on his end one way or another if possible.

I've sent him a pm through your servers as your rulebook requires as of today November 25th at noon. I don't expect him to respond.

Thanks for your help. - M

143008.jpg.72868cbb79e3fc46c2e61afcea8dcc64.jpg

Matthew42383, I've been following that thread and I'm really sorry you've had to deal with everything associated with that transaction.

Robert Beerbohm, board name BLBcomics unquestionably deserves immediate HOS placement despite the fact that good guy Mark Zaid has stepped in to right the situation.

If Bob ever came on here and started a sales thread, would you want ANYONE to buy from him? Even if he finally resolved this particular issue?

There seems to be if not a pattern, at least a propensity for Bob to drop the ball on completing transactions that are not funneled through his ebay shop.

Edited by Miraclemet

I'd like to request that Robert Beerbohm be put on the probation and potentially Hall of Shame list. He entered into a $3600 transaction with me on May 31st.

Hey Matthew. I read through the entire "other thread" with Mitch calling Bob etc. It sucketh.

The one problem is that all this took place while you were not a CGC Member.

The PL/HOS rules state, amoung other things,

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

At the time of this transaction you were not a Board Member and you only joined here a few days ago to address this situation.

However, it appears there are many examples on Deals Gone Bad from other boardies. Certainly enough to get a PL or HOS result.

Any takers here?

I'd like to request that Robert Beerbohm be put on the probation and potentially Hall of Shame list. He entered into a $3600 transaction with me on May 31st.

Hey Matthew. I read through the entire "other thread" with Mitch calling Bob etc. It sucketh.

d) A Transaction between board members is not confined to the CGC Message Boards. Any transaction between forum members, regardless of the venue, is eligible for inclusion in the PL.

At the time of this transaction you were not a Board Member and you only joined here a few days ago to address this situation.

However, it appears there are many examples on Deals Gone Bad from other boardies. Certainly enough to get a PL or HOS result.

Any takers here?

never thought about that fact.

splitting hairs, it doesnt say that the they both had to be members at the time of the transaction...

I think there have been past cases where someone showed up here because of a problematic offline transaction with a boardie and they got the person HOSed or PLed...

Any takers here?

never thought about that fact.

splitting hairs, it doesnt say that the they both had to be members at the time of the transaction...

I think there have been past cases where someone showed up here because of a problematic offline transaction with a boardie and they got the person HOSed or PLed...

Yeah, it does:

The transaction was between a board member and a non-board member. There are no hairs split there.

I do not know of any cases where someone joined after the transaction and got someone on the PL or HOS. If that did happened it is problematic.

Regardless, I repeat - any takers? I never had a transaction with BB. Only met him once at Wondercon around 2000. Asked for pre-code horror and he kept showing me badly overgraded comics that had nothing to do with pre-code horror. It was one of my worst in-person dealer experiences and I avoided his booth thereafter.