• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would agree the only part I don't understand was the what 8 months he was on it. Did no one tell him?

If someone does get put on PL do they receive a message telling them that?

Nope. Not as a part of the process anyway.

Maybe when someone is place on it they should get a PM. hm

I mean normally there's a big hullabaloo and they know what's up but there's always the chance some smuck might not know anything is wrong if they're not posting here then come back in six months and start a sales thread and then be told they're on probation.

lol

So, did toyman not PM Winter Soldier to tell him he was nominating him for the PL?

If Toyman isn't around, and the comics aren't for sale so WS can buy them to clear himself, how can WS get off the list?

I believe this occurred before the PM rule was implemented. (shrug) It wasn't always a requirement to put somebody on the list.

Well, I see that toyman said he sent Winter Soldier 6 PMs, all unreplied to. Now, those PMs don't disappear even if you don't check in for a while, right? If that's the case, how did WS not know he was being nommed for the PL?

I am just asking. Maybe toyman was lying that he PM'd WS?

Sure would be nice if both parties were here.

(:

-slym

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support. I just found my transaction on PayPal with Toyman. Taking a screen shot now.

Just sent you a PM with my email address. I don;t think you can add attachments to PMs (if you can I'd love to know how).

I'd rather you didn't post it on something like photobuckket or another file sharing thing. A little too public.

I just emailed you the PayPal transactions screen shot. Thanks again.

Ah yes. There is the PM rule now.

So that's covered.

But it still might be a good idea that a neutral party send a PM or else it's "he said she said"?

Except for screen shots I guess... hm

I don't want to think at 2:30 AM.... :cry:

It seems like more than enough members monitor the board 1 minute PM would show at least proof it was sent.

The read part you can never tell

Actually, you can tell if a PM is read or unread.

-slym

Not really. My g-mail shows all of the message so if I never came back to the boards you could read all messages

It seems like more than enough members monitor the board 1 minute PM would show at least proof it was sent.

-slym

Not if the person has it set up so that the PM's get sent to their e-mail account. They can read the PM in the e-mail, and it will show unread on the boards until the person opens the PM here on the boards.

Would that be an idea as in this case he has been on the PL since 12/12 and looks like he never knew til today....

You get a PM stating that you are being nominated by the person nominating you.

I didn't get any messages from him informing me I was being nominated at all. I payed him through PayPal then a day or 2 later he refunds my money back asking for me to send a money order instead or personal check.

I had no intention of sending a person I didnt know a money order or personal check.

I never heard of PayPal holding funds for 3 weeks for a standard transaction.....

I knew something was up....

Not really. My g-mail shows all of the message so if I never came back to the boards you could read all messages

Not if the person has it set up so that the PM's get sent to their e-mail account. They can read the PM in the e-mail, and it will show unread on the boards until the person opens the PM here on the boards.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

-slym

Thanks Edwin. I got the screenshot.

It indeed shows a refund for the full amount and the notation includes "Shazaam 1-4".

So the seller refunded the money, then came back to the probation thread saying he never got paid? What a winner. doh!

:facepalm:

-slym

Edwin is going to post the screenshot. (I did a little more blacking out. We don't need to know his bank, full names etc. Certainly more than enough remains to validate this.

On a different twist, should Toyman be placed on the PL so if he returns he can answer to this before he starts trying to sell again?