• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So - we have a person who admitted to shilling their auctions and had problems with people here. This person said themselves they would stay away from selling for a minimum of two months (with many people suggesting two years) yet not 10 days later, they were hawking their wares. Once again, only after being called out, did they pull the sales thread, then waited days to come back and apologise (again.) Not only that, but in their apology for their first transgression, they claimed that they would "make things right" with a few people who were possibly harmed by their actions here, either financially or whatever, and named at least two people. To this day, no sort of restitution has been made or attempted that we know of, yet this person started selling comics again 10 days into a self-imposed 60-day hiatus.

What say ye, oh wise General Public of the CGC Boards? We can't put this person on the Probation List, so...

Are the actions of Symbiotic worthy of the Hall Of Shame?

Please discuss before we start a poll.

-slym

Slym, Didn't he also pull a sale on Kevin J. where after Kevin J. posted Take it he said no and doubled the price?

Regarding his PL list, I do think he can be nominated to the PL by anyone who bid on one of his auctions that also was bid on by his shill account (which can be checked by seeing who the other bidders were, since we know his shilling account.

Regarding HoS, well the facts are pretty damning. He screwed over Kevin J. (if I am remembering correctly), I also remember him having an issue with Bosco, but again may be misremembering would appreciate someone chiming in and correcting me if I am wrong on these two counts. Then there is the shilling which he openly admits (though only after being caught, he denied it at first) to doing and he also advertised those auctions here on the board soliciting bids from everyone here. Then he of course there is the "making things right" time where he said he was going to do things to repair his reputation, and he went back on his word there too. I definitely think he has a history here, not just a once or twice off of something. To me he would qualify for a nice 2 week poll to see if he should be added to the HoS but thats just my opinion.

This thread didn't go "BOOM"... it just fizzled.

I guess Symbiotic isn't the big deal I thought he was.

:sorry:

-slym

You have to give it a few days.... it is a somewhat major holiday after all. :baiting:

agreed. it's thanksgiving it's BLACK FRIDAY

Yes, Kevin J. and Bosco were the two I was thinking of. They should chime in here, as well as everyone else.

:)

-slym

Sorry Slym, been stuck on nightshift and couldnt respond until now.

I PMd him and had the :takeit: on his books I was willing to pay his asking price, anyone I have bought from on here will testify that I dont make any offers ( I should ) but I just pay the price, he said that he had just looked at the prices and thought he should have been asking double, so that was the new price.

I said no, he removed himself from the topic, since then I have no further contact from him, certainly no apology.

I was never out of pocket as there never was a deal, I just thought it was really bad form and not what I expect on the boards.

I am an easy going guy and would probably not have mentioned it again if he hadnt started being a knob end.

The PM between us is gone but the gist of the douchbaggary remains in the sales thread below.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5859746&fpart=1

Kevin if you pmed him a :takeit: then there was a deal. :takeit: doesn't signify you are interested and you can now start haggling on a price. I know I myself have had regrets when posting a book and then seeing a flurry of :takeit: and being like o man I priced that too low. But I still honor the sale, I offered it, I have to take the deal I offered.

Also, for anyone who doesn't go over to the sales thread Kevin provided, Symbiotic a stack of 6 Pence Variant Sgt Furry's for $150. Several people make nice comments, one including saying that had he not already had those books he would scoop them up because $25 per book is a great price. Symbiotic then claims he is only selling the books because he needs the money. Kevin sends a PM and then the price jumps up to 300 because he was checking GPA and thinks he underpriced them. Kevin says he Pmd and then the price jumped and Symbiotic claims if no one takes the books at 300 he is going to send them into CGC. Now note, one minute he is claiming that he is selling because he needs the money, now all the sudden he has the money to ship 6 books to CGC, pay the $100+ CGCing fee and the shipping back. (Mind you, that would eat into any profit he makes but hey no one ever said he was an evil genius)

He isn't a symbiote. He's a parasite. I was never going to do business with him after the last debacle, but I was willing to accept his presence on the boards.

No longer. He is low. You know how people use the hyperbole "scraping the bottom of the barrel," meaning that's as low as you can get? We found out here that if you lift the barrel up, there is scum growing underneath it. That is what "Symbiote" is - the scum underneath the bottom of the barrel. Were this my board, he'd be banned.

:sumo:

-slym

Also, for anyone who doesn't go over to the sales thread Kevin provided, Symbiotic a stack of 6 Pence Variant Sgt Furry's for $150. Several people make nice comments, one including saying that had he not already had those books he would scoop them up because $25 per book is a great price. Symbiotic then claims he is only selling the books because he needs the money. Kevin sends a PM and then the price jumps up to 300 because he was checking GPA and thinks he underpriced them. Kevin says he Pmd and then the price jumped and Symbiotic claims if no one takes the books at 300 he is going to send them into CGC. Now note, one minute he is claiming that he is selling because he needs the money, now all the sudden he has the money to ship 6 books to CGC, pay the $100+ CGCing fee and the shipping back. (Mind you, that would eat into any profit he makes but hey no one ever said he was an evil genius)

Don't forget, Symbiote was also the same person who was selling books because he desperately needed money just to pay his rent, yet at the exact same time, was buying high priced key books. :facepalm:

I'm a bit confused. All of this has already come out some time ago. We then had the big apology thread and a lot of people were in favour of giving this guy a second chance - even though they already knew about the way he shafted Kevin and his other bad behaviour.

Is it the case that people want to recommend him to the probation list / HoS now because he tried to promote some eBay sales? Or just that this was always the idea but nobody got round to it beforehand?

I'm a bit confused. All of this has already come out some time ago. We then had the big apology thread and a lot of people were in favour of giving this guy a second chance - even though they already knew about the way he shafted Kevin and his other bad behaviour.

Is it the case that people want to recommend him to the probation list / HoS now because he tried to promote some eBay sales? Or just that this was always the idea but nobody got round to it beforehand?

No, he was mentioned for the P.L./H.O.S. when he got caught shilling his own e-bay auctions. Then he made the apology thread and the tree-huggers insisted he get a 95th chance at redemption. Part of his apology thread was that he wouldn't start a sales thread he for at least 2 months, along with apologizing to the 2 boardies he burned. He is once again being brought to the list because he not only started a sales thread 10 days later (not at least 2 months), but he never even tried apologizing to the 2 boardies he burned like he said he would.

This is clearly a case where everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie or a scam.