• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hey joey I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but did you PM Slab-Pro letting him know you were going to nominate him to PL and has 72 hours passed yet?

He has not returned any correspondence to date, why should he all of a sudden do so because he is threatened by being added to the probation list?

The thread alone has been up for over a week with no response from him.

I received payment in full from John (Slab-Pro) this afternoon. Since the transaction has been completed and I am 100% happy I nominate that he be removed from the probation list.

Did they give a reasoning as to the delay?

They did. He even called to explain.

Unforunately, I may have my first candidate. I'll ask if this is Probation List worthy:

Agreed upon deal at a certain price

I sent scans.

He responded saying the grades were slightly lower and he would do $10 less

I agreed, told him to send payment. That was in October :cry: Payment never sent. I even removed those books from my sales thread in hopes he would come through after contacting him many times. Payment NEVER received. Is this probation worthy?

Our discussion:

The elementals 1 and the nightwing 1 are sold for $35 shipped. The Y books are a tad too much for ungraded copies. So, I will pass. Please send me a paypal address.

That was October 1st

Hey, Pook. Please respond. Like i said, i am offering these books to you at a fair price.

READ by Pook

I wasnt laying low. I was out of town on business the last two weeks. Today is my first night home in a minute.

No response since. I reserved the books for him as well. I would have listed the entire run of Nightwing. Suggestions? (shrug)

Our discussion:

The elementals 1 and the nightwing 1 are sold for $35 shipped. The Y books are a tad too much for ungraded copies. So, I will pass. Please send me a paypal address.

That was October 1st

Hey, Pook. Please respond. Like i said, i am offering these books to you at a fair price.

READ by Pook

I wasnt laying low. I was out of town on business the last two weeks. Today is my first night home in a minute.

No response since. I reserved the books for him as well. I would have listed the entire run of Nightwing. Suggestions? (shrug)

It sounds probation worthy to me. I suggest sending him a separate PM, so he can come here and tell his side.

Our discussion:

That was October 1st

READ by Pook

It sounds probation worthy to me. I suggest sending him a separate PM, so he can come here and tell his side.

Already done (thumbs u

I'll concede that "send me your paypal" is a commitment to proceed with a purchase but it's not clear what he's agreed to purchase.

Let's see some screenshots of the offer/discussion prior to this. We seem to be getting the tail end of him declining an up-sell of some other stuff - it's hard to tell what he's committing to buy...

(shrug)

Please quote me a price for :

GI JOE 21

Elemental 1 signed by willingham, bill

Y last man standing 1-4

Night Wing 1

Gi joe 21 I have multiple copies, I grade one at 9.2, 9.0 and on down, make an offer for those.

Elementals 1 $20

Y the last man 1-4 $230

Night wing 1 $25

I have the rest of the night wing series mostly too. Send me your want list.

what grade is the Elementals? what grade are the Y books?

I want any copy of hulk 181 low to high grade

same for hulk 180 and 182

Cerebus 1

iron fist 14

asm 119, 121,122, 129, 134, 135

bats 232, 234, 251

Dont have any of those, of the ones I have, the ytlm are 9.6 or better, the elementals in at least a 9.4

Elementals....SOLD!

how much for the 9.2 and 9.0 GI JOE 21?

are the YTLMS books graded?

Please send scans

Then he gives me his email

Ok, I will send scans As soon as I can, that will be TUES sorry, but that is the soonest

Hi!

Sorry I have been out of the loop. I am travelling on business. Which nightwing #1 are we talking about? from what year? reg series or mini series?

Nightwing is on the table at a lower price. $18?

Elementals is slightly off original grade by your account. $15?

what are your individual prices on the the Y books? I most likely want all of them but the numbers have to add up.

I apologize for the question about which Nightwing. The scans you sent wound up in my spam folder until I fished them out just now. After looking at the scan of the GI JOE 21.......is the top staple bent? Please advise.

I am ready to agree upon a price and close out this transaction. Please send any other books that are keys so I can consider. If you think they are a key, please list what makes it a key as I am not up to date on copper/modern books.

Larry

Also, did you get the Elementals #1 signed yourself? If not have you verified the sig?

Yes, i bought it from my LCS and they verified it. How about this, $35 for Nightwing 1 and Elementals 1, $170 for ytlm 1, $25 for ytlm 2, $20 for ytlm 3, and $15 for ytlm 4 or $210 for all. I am not around the GI Joe 21 right now, i'll get back to you. Thanks

Yes, i bought it from my LCS and they verified it. How about this, $35 for Nightwing 1 and Elementals 1, $170 for ytlm 1, $25 for ytlm 2, $20 for ytlm 3, and $15 for ytlm 4 or $210 for all. I am not around the GI Joe 21 right now, i'll get back to you. Thanks

AND THEN

Sound like a purchase to me (shrug)

I sent him scans via email and actually can't find the email-but scans were sent as verified by

"The scans you sent wound up in my spam folder until I fished them out just now."

I am not trying to make trouble, just to ask the community if this was probation worthy so others could be warned about this. (shrug)