• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So does this mean I can nominate every facilitator on here who has had ops going on for over a year with no completion? What about the one's I feel don't communicate properly? Or the ones who ship me broken slabs? Cause I have some in each catigory. Of course, I have some who also do quite well with all of the above and of which I have 0 complaints (Doug being at the top of that list).

Not saying that I will, but it seems that Menace is getting toasted for things that other facilitators are also doing and getting away with it.

I think the issue with Menace was the lack of communication for an extended period of time. My personal opinion is that he got in over his head and became overwhelmed.

So does this mean I can nominate every facilitator on here who has had ops going on for over a year with no completion? What about the one's I feel don't communicate properly? Or the ones who ship me broken slabs? Cause I have some in each catigory. Of course, I have some who also do quite well with all of the above and of which I have 0 complaints (Doug being at the top of that list).

Not saying that I will, but it seems that Menace is getting toasted for things that other facilitators are also doing and getting away with it.

I think the issue with Menace was the lack of communication for an extended period of time. My personal opinion is that he got in over his head and became overwhelmed.

So, he's human? And made a mistake that he's been working to rectify? hm

Not really someone so vile or repugnant that they belong in a "Hall of Shame" right?

(shrug)

Not really someone so vile or repugnant that they belong in a "Hall of Shame" right?

(shrug)

5nebn.jpg

(shrug)

Well, I think that's the problem: He only appears to be working to (passively) rectify issues so long as the offended contact him via email or Facebook.

It wasn't towards anyone in particular - I just think menace on the HOS is a mistake based on rash decisions. (shrug)

Is he actively working on making everyone whole?

I thought he was? No snarkiness in tone intended. I thought he was working on addressing the issues?

It wasn't towards anyone in particular - I just think menace on the HOS is a mistake based on rash decisions. (shrug)

lol

I know....you just set that one up too perfectly for me.

Sorry for the brief responses - I was multitasking and writing on my phone. :juggle:

Here is what I meant. I feel like the HOS is reserved for those with malicious INTENT to screw others over. Or when they are discovered, they could care less and actually give a big FU to the community and laugh it off. That's what I feel the HOS should be reserved for. I know I'm just a noob and you guys have all been here much longer than me, but that would be my thoughts about the HOS.

From my understanding of the menace situation, he's more of a guy that extended an opportunity and may have overextended himself. He screwed up. Isn't he addressing fixing that problem now. Maybe he's not handling it to the best of his ability, but he's trying no? He's not really a "menace" to these Boards. (see what I did there ;) )

Guys like Ron Theda and Thomas Neeley and even solarcadet challenged the Boards. They openly undermined the community to the point of reveling in an "I'm better than the Boards" mentality. This is against any sort of community ideology. This guy menace - just screwed up. Is that REALLY someone worthy of the Hall of Shame? A place reserved for the all-time great scoundrels.

I still can't understand how the Kudos system is just for positive feedback. If people were allowed to share their full experience there, wouldn't that be much more effective? So if this guy screwed people over for an extended period of time (ultimately fixing the situation in the end) - wouldn't that be a good place for those wronged to express their dealings? That way people potentially dealing with him in the future may reconsider. I think that's much more ideal than simply lumping him with the "Hall of Shame".

I'm sorry if this is all rambling and been discussed before. Just my take on the situation. 2c

Sorry for the brief responses - I was multitasking and writing on my phone. :juggle:

Here is what I meant. I feel like the HOS is reserved for those with malicious INTENT to screw others over. Or when they are discovered, they could care less and actually give a big FU to the community and laugh it off. That's what I feel the HOS should be reserved for. I know I'm just a noob and you guys have all been here much longer than me, but that would be my thoughts about the HOS.

From my understanding of the menace situation, he's more of a guy that extended an opportunity and may have overextended himself. He screwed up. Isn't he addressing fixing that problem now. Maybe he's not handling it to the best of his ability, but he's trying no? He's not really a "menace" to these Boards. (see what I did there ;) )

Guys like Ron Theda and Thomas Neeley and even solarcadet challenged the Boards. They openly undermined the community to the point of reveling in an "I'm better than the Boards" mentality. This is against any sort of community ideology. This guy menace - just screwed up. Is that REALLY someone worthy of the Hall of Shame? A place reserved for the all-time great scoundrels.

I still can't understand how the Kudos system is just for positive feedback. If people were allowed to share their full experience there, wouldn't that be much more effective? So if this guy screwed people over for an extended period of time (ultimately fixing the situation in the end) - wouldn't that be a good place for those wronged to express their dealings? That way people potentially dealing with him in the future may reconsider. I think that's much more ideal than simply lumping him with the "Hall of Shame".

I'm sorry if this is all rambling and been discussed before. Just my take on the situation. 2c

I stopped reading once u said noob.

I stopped reading once u said noob.

:eyeroll:

While I agree with your line of thinking, Menace has shown the propensity to screw up ad infinitum. This isn't a new thing with him.

And, yes, the kudos forum is useless.

(shrug)

No, I don't think he should be in the HoS.

Then why don't you start a poll to remove him?

I would rather he be placed on the yet to be created third list of repeat offenders.

If someone created a poll, I would vote. If someone doesn't.... (shrug)

While I agree with your line of thinking, Menace has shown the propensity to screw up ad infinitum. This isn't a new thing with him.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for the repeat offenders list.

I'd accept that. There should be something other than a PL and HOS. There is definitely a gray area where someone is constantly on and off the PL.

I just think a solution would be increasing the effectiveness of the Kudos thread. Make it a TRUE feedback thread rather than just "yay, they're awesome".

Which would be....what? The PL?