• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

What do you need him to comment on?
I don't "need" anything from him. Although, seeing how I'm not the only one that thinks he shouldn't be on the HOS, a "thanks for the support" would be nice.

I commented yesterday but any real consideration of the facts seems to go by the wayside.

Your a good dude, see you at ECC, maybe Portland? Thanks for the support bro :D

I think one thing that should be done is separating the actual facts and people involved in a dispute form those with one liners and memes.

This could clear up all the confusion on the issues and allow people to actually form an opinion based on the facts.

I see all these negative comments on my character, but what were talking about here... as far as I have seen... is three things, one of which (ramos sketches) I explained and came to a full understanding about a long time ago and which had nothing to do with the boards.

The other is an opp, which some people involved in have posted saying I took too long or am not updating people.... I ask again, is it good for CGC to call out creators. Stay tuned because I will be checking with Angel about that quote posted in the Sig room.

The third was a refund or replacement book, and I think we covered that. I was not told from June till December that the book is still missing as soon as I did I sent a refund.

What is flaky... what makes me everything else I have been called?

I have a problem with less than 1% of books I handle... I think that is a pretty good rate.

I'd agree, if this is a serious Discussion thread on Probation or HOS issues five of six posts probably shouldn't be a meme or someone adding an insult with no insight as to why they feel that way.

I think one thing that should be done is separating the actual facts and people involved in a dispute form those with one liners and memes.

This could clear up all the confusion on the issues and allow people to actually form an opinion based on the facts.

I see all these negative comments on my character, but what were talking about here... as far as I have seen... is three things, one of which (ramos sketches) I explained and came to a full understanding about a long time ago and which had nothing to do with the boards.

The other is an opp, which some people involved in have posted saying I took too long or am not updating people.... I ask again, is it good for CGC to call out creators. Stay tuned because I will be checking with Angel about that quote posted in the Sig room.

The third was a refund or replacement book, and I think we covered that. I was not told from June till December that the book is still missing as soon as I did I sent a refund.

I have a problem with less than 1% of books I handle... I think that is a pretty good rate.

8 months for a resolution. At least that is the gist of what I got out of the discussion thus far. I am not 100% on the whole transaction because it did not involve me on a personal level. I wasn't the one waiting for that long. Also not suspecting that people would be trying to reach you through the boards and you not having enough foresight to see that some people you deal with only know you deal through here. That to me is a real no brainer.

This is nothing personal really. Just seems like a constant side show affair and doesn't inflict confidence in dealing with you.

If I ever decide to retain you for business, I suppose then I will have an accurate way of the way you do business. As it stands, I will take people at their word and avoid it for now. Perhaps things will come to pass and I might deem you worthy to earn my money.

I'm going to throw the nomination up now and if by some miracle Matt receives the pulps tomorrow I will retract the poll and publish a retraction and apology.

Ok. I have spent the last month as an impartial, independent council looking into this matter. I knew nothing of Robert Beerbohm, and had never heard his name mentioned until the situation with Matthew. I spoke with several boardies regarding his history and on three separate occasions requested input from other members. Some came forward and I spoke with them. I also used good ole Google-Fu to track down whatever I could on the Internet. I am going to focus on things which are not in dispute and ask that in any discussion other boardies focus on the same.

The situation started with Matthew42383, who paid $3,600 USD for 341 comics (pulps) which were never mailed and no refund given even after numerous communications. Mr. Beerbohm came to the boards on 11/29/2013 (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7211165#Post7211165) and assured that Matthew would receive his pulps. He has not and has not received a refund. This issue is now outstanding close to 8 months.

A second issue which has come to light is that apparently there is still a large, unpaid sum owed to Jean Bails, Jerry Bails widow, owed by Mr. Beerbohm. Her statement from Facebook (which has since been deleted) Jean Bails "I should probably add here that some refuse to buy from Bob because he owes me a lot of money for comics he sold from Jerry's small collection. I have given Bob some financial grace/leeway because of the enormous problems he has faced. The only way he can pay me back is by selling comics and memorabelia (sp?). So a boycott of Bob only serves to hurt me as well." These are the same comics he routinely refers to about how he never wanted to be involved in their sale but how he was basically dragged into selling them, then he sold them and kept the money, which he will (hopefully) eventually pay off .

So we have at issue 2 large transactions here where he has not followed through (one being a $3.600 purchase order and the second being a big $ consignment deal which he apparently has still all these years later not paid off, even though the books were paid for.) His M/O appears to be the same anytime anyone questions him or points out his defects.

1) Mention his history in comics

2) Apply for a hardship exemption because he has fallen on hard times for personal surgeries and the like.

3) Mention what his daughter is going through

4) Dismiss any complaints because his e-Bay store has a 99.7% good feedback or blame the complainers as “haters” or “competitors”

5) Solicit readers to buy something from his store. (Someone wrote him once and called this “Beerbohm Fatigue”)

There are dozens of other issues, all of which if true, paint a very sad picture. However as I stated, I am leaving those out because I only want to focus on the most egregious actions as well as actions that are not at issue.

Given that it is the holidays and many people are with their families I am going to let the poll run for 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 to allow everyone to get their vote in. This is a blind poll and I ask that everyone look into the issue themselves and vote with their head and not their heart.

On that note:

He said he would deliver by Christmas. December 23 ain't Christmas. I don't know what the rush is around here lately. Whipping people on and off lists. Doing business in the wee hours of the morning.

Take a deep guys and try to do these things the right way.

I'm going to throw the nomination up now and if by some miracle Matt receives the pulps tomorrow I will retract the poll and publish a retraction and apology.

Ok. I have spent the last month as an impartial, independent council looking into this matter. I knew nothing of Robert Beerbohm, and had never heard his name mentioned until the situation with Matthew. I spoke with several boardies regarding his history and on three separate occasions requested input from other members. Some came forward and I spoke with them. I also used good ole Google-Fu to track down whatever I could on the Internet. I am going to focus on things which are not in dispute and ask that in any discussion other boardies focus on the same.

The situation started with Matthew42383, who paid $3,600 USD for 341 comics (pulps) which were never mailed and no refund given even after numerous communications. Mr. Beerbohm came to the boards on 11/29/2013 (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7211165#Post7211165) and assured that Matthew would receive his pulps. He has not and has not received a refund. This issue is now outstanding close to 8 months.

A second issue which has come to light is that apparently there is still a large, unpaid sum owed to Jean Bails, Jerry Bails widow, owed by Mr. Beerbohm. Her statement from Facebook (which has since been deleted) Jean Bails "I should probably add here that some refuse to buy from Bob because he owes me a lot of money for comics he sold from Jerry's small collection. I have given Bob some financial grace/leeway because of the enormous problems he has faced. The only way he can pay me back is by selling comics and memorabelia (sp?). So a boycott of Bob only serves to hurt me as well." These are the same comics he routinely refers to about how he never wanted to be involved in their sale but how he was basically dragged into selling them, then he sold them and kept the money, which he will (hopefully) eventually pay off .

So we have at issue 2 large transactions here where he has not followed through (one being a $3.600 purchase order and the second being a big $ consignment deal which he apparently has still all these years later not paid off, even though the books were paid for.) His M/O appears to be the same anytime anyone questions him or points out his defects.

2) Apply for a hardship exemption because he has fallen on hard times for personal surgeries and the like.

4) Dismiss any complaints because his e-Bay store has a 99.7% good feedback or blame the complainers as “haters” or “competitors”

5) Solicit readers to buy something from his store. (Someone wrote him once and called this “Beerbohm Fatigue”)

There are dozens of other issues, all of which if true, paint a very sad picture. However as I stated, I am leaving those out because I only want to focus on the most egregious actions as well as actions that are not at issue.

Given that it is the holidays and many people are with their families I am going to let the poll run for 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 to allow everyone to get their vote in. This is a blind poll and I ask that everyone look into the issue themselves and vote with their head and not their heart.

On that note:

He said he would deliver by Christmas. December 23 ain't Christmas. I don't know what the rush is around here lately. Whipping people on and off lists. Doing business in the wee hours of the morning.

Take a deep breath, guys, and try to do these things the right way.

FTFY, at least I hope that's what you meant.

-slym

On that note:

BLB also told Mark Zaid that Matt would have his tracking numbers back before Thanksgiving. meh Seeing how no tracking numbers were ever provided, I'm pretty sure we're safe in starting the nomination process. After all, it's not not BLB will be back here, unless he comes back as a shill, since he was banned and all. He had 7 months to ship those books, yet he refuses to communicate with Matt, nor has he shown any effort to show he shipped the books.

I doubt we've "rushed" to judgment in this case. :eyeroll:

On that note:

Unless he's hand delivering the books he's run out of time to ship them off and provide tracking information. Tracking info was part of the deal is almost a month overdue at this point.

If anything, the wheels have moved excruciatingly slow in the sad case of Mr. B.

I remember Beerbong, a good week before he got canned, saying something cryptic about the books had been shipped. I tried looking it up, but it looks like all his posts have been poofed. I don't remember how long ago that would have been...

:(

-slym

I remember Beerbong, a good week before he got canned, saying something cryptic about the books had been shipped. I tried looking it up, but it looks like all his posts have been poofed. I don't remember how long ago that would have been...

-slym

It would be impossible for him to ship all the books, especially since he sold a good portion of them on e-bay. :tonofbricks:

He didn't say that they had already been shipped, he said he would get them shipped out when he got around to it. He also denied ever agreeing to the Christmas deadline. :facepalm:

If anything, the wheels have moved excruciatingly slow in the sad case of Mr. B.

Very true - the only reason Beerbohm got a month extension was because of a technicality (Matthew wasn't a Board member at the time).

BLBcomics has been rightfully banned from this site, yet a HoS vote is proceeding apace instead of an automatic application, thus a courtesy is being extended to him.

jaybuck43 posted that the proceedings are a day early. With the upcoming Xmas holiday and likely travel plans for some folk, his notification and action seems more than reasonable.

The poll is being extended an extra week just to make sure, yet another fair-handed application.

We're now at 8 months, no books on a $3,600 order, and no communication. Some may believe in Christmas miracles, but even then I would think that Beerbohm has shown himself to be more than deserving of a placement in the HoS, frankly something that is long overdue.

For someone to insinuate that other Board members are not in control of themselves and are in some kind of rush for blood is ignoring the totality of the circumstances.

It would be impossible for him to ship all the books, especially since he sold a good portion of them on e-bay. :tonofbricks:

He didn't say that they had already been shipped, he said he would get them shipped out when he got around to it. He also denied ever agreeing to the Christmas deadline. :facepalm:

I am remembering him saying something akin to "it is out of my hands" which I took as a reference to him having shipped something and it was in transit.

I am not saying he actually did it, I just remember a vague reference from him about having shipped something out.

-slym

Here is a pick of the quote so that you can take it up with Angel.

58657b32-95ef-4092-990b-c6a0b7d7177f_zpsa89a46d4.png