• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Potentially useful? If so, I'll continue....

2c

I would leave it alone.

Let Logan make his own spreadsheetz...

Hey, that was the B-side to my college band's single.

What is this nonsense going on?

Why are members being hastily added to these lists only to be removed with a poll a few weeks later.? You realize this will renderer them completely useless in short order.

I used to trust that sufficient vetting took place prior to POV and usually only POV adding someone to the list. This current system of arbitrary polls and immediate additions is ridiculous and it will erode any weight that that these lists used to carry.

If someone can honestly be removed from the PL let alone HOS a month after their addition it stands to reason that their original placement was b.s.

MikeNYC,

This is what i argued. I will take my scarlet letter but it really dilutes the effectiveness of the HOS. I stole and took no money. The lynchmob jumped all over therefore the sheeps and peeps followed with a vote. i made a effort apologize with some saying it wasnt good enough so i cant really do anything else about it.

People knowingly are doing trades with me so the HOS is a little diluted with the trigger happy mob.

Again, ill take my lumps and will stick to the forum rules while a few troll me with attempts to further shame me.

Do you realize that calling people sheep implies that they are incapable of having independent thought? Not exactly a favorable statement toward fellow board members.

He doesn't even realise Mike is talking about Menace, not him.

:shrug:

-slym

I've been at work all day which is why I haven't responded.

SC1 has asked me to remove the poll, which I have done, because I want to respect his wishes. Even though after reading some posts, I think the results would have been at the very least not the overwhelming majority it was when he was added to the list.

After speaking with Bosco, I think he is correct, that it is too soon to re-visit this issue. Perhaps at a later date, we will speak of this again but another poll won't come from me. A poll may have more merit coming from a neutral party, so no one thinks I have some ulterior motive.

My thoughts weren't to ask the questions: Do you like SC1? Do you trust him? Or many of the same ilk. The only think I was asking is do you think the situation warrants his being on the HOS.

I do want to thank everyone for keeping this a mature dialog, and apologize for stirring up this hornets nest and stealing everyone's Sunday.

-Glen

Like I said before Hado, you are a good guy. You do not need to apologize to anyone because you were doing what you believed to be the right thing.

+1

-slym

I'm not sure more lists are the answer.

First of all, someone gets off the probation list by correcting an action. Why would we want to punish them by putting them on some other list?

What would be the incentive to correct the action?

When someone screws up a 2nd and then a 3rd time, they are fodder for the HOS.

Three strikes...HOS.

I suggested a long time ago that we ask for custom titles for people on the list, but it didn't seem to go anywhere with the mods.

Remember, that Arch wants us to take care of the sales forum.

I think the answer is...someone who buys something here, needs to do some homework. It's no more Shangri-La than eBay is.

We have kudos threads and a search engine. I find when I'm thinking of buying from someone new that looking at their past posts will give me somewhat of a clue.

Sha, you are always the voice of reason around here.

(worship)

-slym

I think the "warning" needs to clearly state they are on the PL/HOS and this doesn't mean they can't sell but they have been there for wronging the community.

When you start treating certain board members (PL / HOS Members) differently from others (non PL / HOS) its bad news.

There is no point in writing a heads up in someones thread unless its to upset them or create drama.

2c

Should we give everyone who signs up a trophy for participation as well?

I think the "warning" needs to clearly state they are on the PL/HOS and this doesn't mean they can't sell but they have been there for wronging the community.

When you start treating certain board members (PL / HOS Members) differently from others (non PL / HOS) its bad news.

There is no point in writing a heads up in someones thread unless its to upset them or create drama.

2c

99629ec8908d383e83948b3efc6fbf65.jpg

2c

THATS KIND OF RUDE

2c

THATS KIND OF RUDE

63zhs.jpg

Too bad the search engine is like a Red ensign on a Star Trek episode.

It works much better if you follow Blowupthemoon's advice and use Google.

The search here works just fine if used correctly. But Google Advanced Search is a better bet.

WHY ARE THESE CGC BULLIES GANGING UP AND BULLYING ME ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY SHOULD BE GETTING STRIKES FOR THIS BEHAVIOUR?!

Why don't you just hump the button like you do with me. meh

Looks like someone is trying to turn a bad joke into a paranoia meltdown!

Maybe the longer post Baba put forward was too much or too long then.

Maybe having it be another in the long list of forum guidelines is the way to go. One sentence with a short link to the list.

I think that may be the right path to go down.

So you guys don't think that threadkrapping someone's sales thread should be a clearly stated marketplace guideline in Arch's rules?

Also, the second template (a few posts down in that link) was the better one.

edit - the point was to find the line between threadkrapping & warning the community

It would be good to add that to the guidelines, it's already in the general board guidelines (thread disruption) but putting in the sales area would make it clear.

If we can add allowance for posts regarding HOS and PL to the marketplace guidelines it would be a good thing and prevent good folks with good intentions from getting strikes.

"Thread disruption" IS in the general user guidelines & it is done every day outside the marketplace, it draws strikes when it takes place in the marketplace which is why it makes sense to add a no threadkrapping rule of some sort (added to the 1 to 13 marketplace rules)

Sample:

14. Thread disruption contrary to a seller's wishes is subject to moderator action; a single warning may be posted in the thread if a party is on one of the community lists

(shrug)

That's a good option.

Have to agree. But I would also note it would be a templated message, provided by the mods, as a single warning. Otherwise, some may assume they are allowed one time to post "HEY DIRTBAG. YOU'RE ON THE HOS-PL LIST!"

Better to reinforce a simple, direct message.

WHY ARE THESE CGC BULLIES GANGING UP AND BULLYING ME ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY SHOULD BE GETTING STRIKES FOR THIS BEHAVIOUR?!

Why don't you just hump the button like you do with me. meh

How often do you and JL hump? Is it at his place or yours?