• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Jimmy, just curious, your aware that the banning is only because he's under 18 and presumably when he turns 18 he can come back. Think of it like a 6 year strike rather than a ban. Now do you still feel its beating a dead horse?

In six years you think he'll come back and the ban will be revoked?

I'm under the impression the ban will stick. 2c

I'm under the impression that a kid that "smart" will probably be back here with another ID way before the 6 years is up 2c

Jimmy, just curious, your aware that the banning is only because he's under 18 and presumably when he turns 18 he can come back. Think of it like a 6 year strike rather than a ban. Now do you still feel its beating a dead horse?

In six years you think he'll come back and the ban will be revoked?

I'm under the impression the ban will stick. 2c

I'm under the impression that a kid that "smart" will probably be back here with another ID way before the 6 years is up 2c

Appearently already has...which is a surprise to??? NO ONE! :eyeroll:

LINK

Edited by MetalPSI

I gave up trying to lead any movement. I just spoke my piece and took a step back.

I agree with what bababooey said that there should be some consideration given to the fact that he's a kid. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a 12 years old that I'm glad aren't held against me now that I'm an adult. He knows he wasn't supposed to be here due to the age requirement which would lead to the obvious need to lie about his age. Making up the elaborate stories (believe me, I have some great ones) is :insane: but whatever. I chalk it up to him being concerned about being caught so he made up a story. In most of his stories he told to me, the role of "hero" was always play by his young son. ;)

I DO think the father monitored his emails so he wasn't getting in trouble as far as creepy guys. I don't think the father takes the comic book industry seriously and is just happy his son is involved in something positive. The father admitted that he didn't know about CGC vs. PGX and had no idea about "grading comics". His son taught him that stuff. By taught, I'm guessing it's the same amount of "humoring the person" my wife gives me when I try to explain how excited I am about buying a certain book. :eyeroll: I don't even think the father understands what the CGC Boards really are. He could (and this is all speculation) just look at it as another site like eBay devoted to buying and selling comics. I could be completely wrong and it wouldn't be the first or last time I was.

I DON'T think it was an elaborate plot to commit fraud against the CGC Boards. I think he was a 12 year old boy trying to make money to buy comics or Legos or whatever he was buying. I have no explanation for him trying to sell the same books he just poopooed at a higher grade/price. I PM'ed him explaining that I hope he learns to deal with people honestly in the future and uses this as a huge learning experience. I made it clear that what he did was wrong, but I have no doubt that he actually loved comics. He bought some Daredevil Essentials off of me because he really looked forward to reading about the character. I don't see a lot of potential in profit on some old DD Essentials books. He didn't read the PM's though before being banned though. (shrug)

So, that is my argument for voting "no". As stated, I am well aware I'm in the minority in that opinion and sometimes that how things are. That's why this place is great and a community. People can have different views on things, but the majority vote rules. If you want to attack me or bababooey for having an unpopular view, have at it. :whatev:

Dude you lost any or all credibility you had with me when you said Legos, therefore your opinion is null and void at this time! Please step away from your computer. Disassemble it and take it to the correct disposal facility and throw it in! Do not look back, just walk away.....

The only reason I chose to specifically name Legos as an example of what he might be buying with the money was due to the fact that he apparently was trying to barter with Buzzeta for some Legos. I don't think most 12 year olds play with Legos, but apparently he does. :D

The PM I received from GIJOEISAFAAAFFHKKKKKLLL!!!!! was to send me a link for a Spider-woman Lego (Lego's?) figure.

LIfe-Size? :wishluck:

I gave up trying to lead any movement. I just spoke my piece and took a step back.

I agree with what bababooey said that there should be some consideration given to the fact that he's a kid. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a 12 years old that I'm glad aren't held against me now that I'm an adult. He knows he wasn't supposed to be here due to the age requirement which would lead to the obvious need to lie about his age. Making up the elaborate stories (believe me, I have some great ones) is :insane: but whatever. I chalk it up to him being concerned about being caught so he made up a story. In most of his stories he told to me, the role of "hero" was always play by his young son. ;)

I DO think the father monitored his emails so he wasn't getting in trouble as far as creepy guys. I don't think the father takes the comic book industry seriously and is just happy his son is involved in something positive. The father admitted that he didn't know about CGC vs. PGX and had no idea about "grading comics". His son taught him that stuff. By taught, I'm guessing it's the same amount of "humoring the person" my wife gives me when I try to explain how excited I am about buying a certain book. :eyeroll: I don't even think the father understands what the CGC Boards really are. He could (and this is all speculation) just look at it as another site like eBay devoted to buying and selling comics. I could be completely wrong and it wouldn't be the first or last time I was.

I DON'T think it was an elaborate plot to commit fraud against the CGC Boards. I think he was a 12 year old boy trying to make money to buy comics or Legos or whatever he was buying. I have no explanation for him trying to sell the same books he just poopooed at a higher grade/price. I PM'ed him explaining that I hope he learns to deal with people honestly in the future and uses this as a huge learning experience. I made it clear that what he did was wrong, but I have no doubt that he actually loved comics. He bought some Daredevil Essentials off of me because he really looked forward to reading about the character. I don't see a lot of potential in profit on some old DD Essentials books. He didn't read the PM's though before being banned though. (shrug)

So, that is my argument for voting "no". As stated, I am well aware I'm in the minority in that opinion and sometimes that how things are. That's why this place is great and a community. People can have different views on things, but the majority vote rules. If you want to attack me or bababooey for having an unpopular view, have at it. :whatev:

Dude you lost any or all credibility you had with me when you said Legos, therefore your opinion is null and void at this time! Please step away from your computer. Disassemble it and take it to the correct disposal facility and throw it in! Do not look back, just walk away.....

The only reason I chose to specifically name Legos as an example of what he might be buying with the money was due to the fact that he apparently was trying to barter with Buzzeta for some Legos. I don't think most 12 year olds play with Legos, but apparently he does. :D

The PM I received from GIJOEISAFAAAFFHKKKKKLLL!!!!! was to send me a link for a Spider-woman Lego (Lego's?) figure.

Fixed that for you.

As far as the Spiderwoman mini fig Spiderwoman

and there you have it...

Yes.

If he twirls his mustache for the next six years waiting to return and request partial refunds on his transactions, then let's roll the dice and see what happens.

Got to hand it to mikenyc... he had the kid pegged from the start and saw right through him.

I coached Mike. (thumbs u

I don't think there has ever been an incident of someone BEING banned at 12 before.

I voted for the HOS, because I see it as a joint HOS vote and mine is for the father, not the child.

When I first heard about what was going on and read the father's posts I was pretty sure he didn't realize what was going on, but as the days passed it was the father's statement that he was monitoring everything that changed my mind.

I still believe it was the kid posting, but I'm more and more willing to believe that he was guided and encouraged. Even though he's obviously an extremely bright child, he's only a child.

I have some really odd pms from a kid who was pretending to be an adult. The one sentence that really sticks in my mind is this one.

"I hold a couple things dear in my life, my reputation is one of them. "

I think it's sad that a child would say something like that and have no idea what it means because obviously his parent has taught him the wrong thing.

So, if GIJoe the child, reaches the age of 18, and can show he's really learned the difference, I'd be willing to explore making some kind of exception for the HOS listt...but I think the father is old enough now (assuming he's the 40 yr old) and deserves the HOS forever.

I actually think he deserves to stand in the corner for the next 6 years...(the father)...but that's another story.

My guess is I guess we won't have to worry about it in 6 years. There will be some other site where a 12 year old can post and be encouraged by his parent to pretend he's an adult.

Just my 2c age is relative in today's society I personally know of 12-14 year olds back in the 1993 - 1995 era of America Online that wrote computer programs that were able to randomly generate credit card numbers and stealing their accounts

Were they smart/intelligent of course but almost all of your hackers are exceptionally skilled in social engineering the forefront of social networking.

My point is the dad wouldn't have to know could be a latchkey kid or the dad could have been the mastermind behind it all. Fact is we will never really know for sure and that each generation is smarter than the one be

fore it.

If you don't know the story by now, don't vote.

GIJOEISAWESOME is being nominated to the HOS for perpetrating several lies.

There have been several accounts of GIJOEISAWESOME buying raw books from sellers, then complaining to the seller that they were overgraded to obtain partial refunds. Subsequently, he would list the same books in a sales thread of his own with higher grades than what he originally bought them for and at higher prices. He also presented himself as a man in his 40's with a wife and children and years of experience working on a farm and in the comic industry, while he was actually a 12 year old boy. His father could possibly have been involved in GIJOEISAWESOME's transactions here as he had direct knowledge of his son representing himself to be an adult and reviewed GIJOE's emails and the Paypal account was owned by his father.

Kudos to HarveySwick for the write-up

I voted No for one reason. The supporting evidence is at this point anecdotal. That is not HOS worthy as far as evidence goes.

2c) The accuser should outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction in dispute. Where possible include hyperlinks to board transactions and contact attempts along with dates.

Saying "If you don't know the story by now don't vote" is contrary to a PL nomination let alone an HOS.

If he is 12 years old Arch should delete the account.

There have been several accounts of GIJOEISAWESOME buying raw books from sellers, then complaining to the seller that they were overgraded to obtain partial refunds. Subsequently, he would list the same books in a sales thread of his own with higher grades than what he originally bought them for and at higher prices. He also presented himself as a man in his 40's with a wife and children and years of experience working on a farm and in the comic industry, while he was actually a 12 year old boy. His father could possibly have been involved in GIJOEISAWESOME's transactions here as he had direct knowledge of his son representing himself to be an adult and reviewed GIJOE's emails and the Paypal account was owned by his father.

I voted No for one reason. The supporting evidence is at this point anecdotal. That is not HOS worthy as far as evidence goes.

2c) The accuser should outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction in dispute. Where possible include hyperlinks to board transactions and contact attempts along with dates.

Saying "If you don't know the story by now don't vote" is contrary to a PL nomination let alone an HOS.

If it was anecdotal, he wouldn't have been banned. It seems like you voted "no" on a technicality to prove a point. You proved it, I was too lazy to gather up all the evidence that has been there for everyone to see the last few days. :sorry:

If it was anecdotal, he wouldn't have been banned. It seems like you voted "no" on a technicality to prove a point. You proved it, I was too lazy to gather up all the evidence that has been there for everyone to see the last few days. :sorry:

The poll presentation was anecdotal, which is why you felt the need to precede it with "If you don't know the story by now, don't vote." That is completely unjustified and outside the PL/HOS rules. It is not a "technicality to prove a point". It is how the PL and HOS works. Period.

It also sets a precedence. "Well, so and so made an HOS nomination that worked and there were no links or specifics of particular sales. So why should I have to supply them?"

Anyway, before I voted I did a search of the last month in Forum Sales for +gijoeisawesome +probation. Four pages came up. I have my default set to 40 posts/page rather than the board default of 10. So to the board default that is 16 pages (160 posts). Mixed in with those are tons of other posts unrelated to gijoeisawesome about a few valid probation issues and a boatload of drek that has nothing to do with PL Discussions.

Amoung this I still have not seen any links etc. to sales/purchases. I may have missed some because a half hour into going through all the my brain was done.

Yeah, I want to vote a 12 year old on a HOS, :screwy:

He found the thread! :golfclap:

Maybe now he'll respond to his own nomination?

:popcorn:

Well, he is still posting about AF15s so maybe he "found" the 2.0 and plans to "ship it" again to me. :devil:

Kindle we would appreciate some comment about your nomination. Could you please explain the fact that you sold the same book to two different board members and neither of them received the book?