• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

TWO no votes already? C'mon.... doh!

The kindle poll....well he's probably one of the two.

Someone should check if his moms signed up for the boards recently.

That would explain things.

I don't like anonymous polls anymore. I want to know who the two people are that voted "no," and why they voted that way.

:sumo:

-slym

:hi:

Read today's posts in the other thread - it's pretty clear me & Harvey are leading the "free GIJOE2020" movement. :D

You are entitled to vote however you wish, I don't care why you are voting how you are but if you want to share it to convince others that your opinion is correct then go for it.

(thumbs u

I gave up trying to lead any movement. I just spoke my piece and took a step back.

I agree with what bababooey said that there should be some consideration given to the fact that he's a kid. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a 12 years old that I'm glad aren't held against me now that I'm an adult. He knows he wasn't supposed to be here due to the age requirement which would lead to the obvious need to lie about his age. Making up the elaborate stories (believe me, I have some great ones) is :insane: but whatever. I chalk it up to him being concerned about being caught so he made up a story. In most of his stories he told to me, the role of "hero" was always play by his young son. ;)

I DO think the father monitored his emails so he wasn't getting in trouble as far as creepy guys. I don't think the father takes the comic book industry seriously and is just happy his son is involved in something positive. The father admitted that he didn't know about CGC vs. PGX and had no idea about "grading comics". His son taught him that stuff. By taught, I'm guessing it's the same amount of "humoring the person" my wife gives me when I try to explain how excited I am about buying a certain book. :eyeroll: I don't even think the father understands what the CGC Boards really are. He could (and this is all speculation) just look at it as another site like eBay devoted to buying and selling comics. I could be completely wrong and it wouldn't be the first or last time I was.

I DON'T think it was an elaborate plot to commit fraud against the CGC Boards. I think he was a 12 year old boy trying to make money to buy comics or Legos or whatever he was buying. I have no explanation for him trying to sell the same books he just poopooed at a higher grade/price. I PM'ed him explaining that I hope he learns to deal with people honestly in the future and uses this as a huge learning experience. I made it clear that what he did was wrong, but I have no doubt that he actually loved comics. He bought some Daredevil Essentials off of me because he really looked forward to reading about the character. I don't see a lot of potential in profit on some old DD Essentials books. He didn't read the PM's though before being banned though. (shrug)

So, that is my argument for voting "no". As stated, I am well aware I'm in the minority in that opinion and sometimes that how things are. That's why this place is great and a community. People can have different views on things, but the majority vote rules. If you want to attack me or bababooey for having an unpopular view, have at it. :whatev:

So. I suppose I shouldn't count on getting my $10 on the MOS 18 I sold to GI Joe?

He pulled a refund out of you too?

I gave up trying to lead any movement. I just spoke my piece and took a step back.

I agree with what bababooey said that there should be some consideration given to the fact that he's a kid. I did a lot of stupid things when I was a 12 years old that I'm glad aren't held against me now that I'm an adult. He knows he wasn't supposed to be here due to the age requirement which would lead to the obvious need to lie about his age. Making up the elaborate stories (believe me, I have some great ones) is :insane: but whatever. I chalk it up to him being concerned about being caught so he made up a story. In most of his stories he told to me, the role of "hero" was always play by his young son. ;)

I DO think the father monitored his emails so he wasn't getting in trouble as far as creepy guys. I don't think the father takes the comic book industry seriously and is just happy his son is involved in something positive. The father admitted that he didn't know about CGC vs. PGX and had no idea about "grading comics". His son taught him that stuff. By taught, I'm guessing it's the same amount of "humoring the person" my wife gives me when I try to explain how excited I am about buying a certain book. :eyeroll: I don't even think the father understands what the CGC Boards really are. He could (and this is all speculation) just look at it as another site like eBay devoted to buying and selling comics. I could be completely wrong and it wouldn't be the first or last time I was.

I DON'T think it was an elaborate plot to commit fraud against the CGC Boards. I think he was a 12 year old boy trying to make money to buy comics or Legos or whatever he was buying. I have no explanation for him trying to sell the same books he just poopooed at a higher grade/price. I PM'ed him explaining that I hope he learns to deal with people honestly in the future and uses this as a huge learning experience. I made it clear that what he did was wrong, but I have no doubt that he actually loved comics. He bought some Daredevil Essentials off of me because he really looked forward to reading about the character. I don't see a lot of potential in profit on some old DD Essentials books. He didn't read the PM's though before being banned though. (shrug)

So, that is my argument for voting "no". As stated, I am well aware I'm in the minority in that opinion and sometimes that how things are. That's why this place is great and a community. People can have different views on things, but the majority vote rules. If you want to attack me or bababooey for having an unpopular view, have at it. :whatev:

You are welcome to your own opinion indeed. That being said, I have this bridge you may be interested in buying.

Everyone can come to their own conclusion, that's true.

Given the lengths he lied to people in PMs I, personally, have some real long term concerns regarding whether or not anyone here would choose to allow someone who has demonstrated such abilities from sharing this space with us in commerce.

I guess it's that dealing here is a privilege and not a right. It should be hard to gain and easy to lose if for nothing else but to preserve it for the people for whom this type of deception is a foreign concept.

I don't begrudge you your willingness to forgive and to not see this as a forum wide deception. Some have just seen this type of thing before and can't get to where you are, especially without any remorse from the perpetrator whatsoever.

Everyone can come to their own conclusion, that's true.

Given the lengths he lied to people in PMs I, personally, have some real long term concerns regarding whether or not anyone here would choose to allow someone who has demonstrated such abilities from sharing this space with us in commerce.

I guess it's that dealing here is a privilege and not a right. It should be hard to gain and easy to lose if for nothing else but to preserve it for the people for whom this type of deception is a foreign concept.

I don't begrudge you your willingness to forgive and to not see this as a forum wide deception. Some have just seen this type of thing before and can't get to where you are, especially without any remorse from the perpetrator whatsoever.

And I can appreciate and accept that there are people who have seen this type of behavior before - I have only been here a year. I guess my point is - he's banned. That was a forgone conclusion as soon as all of this was discovered. It was something that should have and needed to happen. He's gone. If he comes back in 6 years as an adult, should he be held accountable for his actions as a 12 year old? I guess I can't get over his age factored into this. (shrug)

I'm also just looking at the HOS in general. It's been in existence for 8 years. In 2 weeks, I'm assuming there will be two new members. That'll make 8 out of 20 that have been added over the last year or so. Has there been that many new HOS worthy members over the last year compared to previous years? :eek: Or are people more apt to run and nominate for HOS now? hm Maybe I just hold the HOS to a much higher standard reserved for the worst of the worst. To me it's like nominating Rick Ankiel to the baseball HOF because he had one great year. This could all just be :screwy: and :blahblah: on my part. I guess I'm just concerned about a "watering down" effect of the HOS when there are 50 people on it in a few years. I think the HOS is for MAJOR crooks or scammers that affected a wide majority of the Boards and have no possibility of changing their ways. I just see a 12 year old boy and hope maybe being banned for 6 years and time to reflect on how he impacted everyone here will teach him a lesson.

Here is a question for the Vets. When someone is banned, my understanding is that they are typically banned for life. Take Stu for example, when he comes back, he stays for a bit and eventually the mods find his shill and he is banned. Wouldn't the same thing happen to GIjoe if/when he comes back when he turns 18. He can create an account but as soon as someone puts two and two together and links him to that account, the mods swing the ban hammer down on the shill right? If the answer is yes, then the HoS vote basically isn't needed because he can never come back anyway.

If the answer is no, then the HoS vote totally makes sense. What he did was dishonest and repetitive against many members and is definitely grounds for inclusion on the HoS. It doesn't have to be high dollar transactions, the scale is what makes it just as bad as say one seller stealing $10,000 from a buyer. But the HoS is not permanent. If he is allowed to rejoin the boards at 18 then he can rehabilitate his image and petition for removal from the HoS if he can show that he has learned from his ways.

Just my 2c

Here is a question for the Vets. When someone is banned, my understanding is that they are typically banned for life. Take Stu for example, when he comes back, he stays for a bit and eventually the mods find his shill and he is banned. Wouldn't the same thing happen to GIjoe if/when he comes back when he turns 18. He can create an account but as soon as someone puts two and two together and links him to that account, the mods swing the ban hammer down on the shill right? If the answer is yes, then the HoS vote basically isn't needed because he can never come back anyway.

If the answer is no, then the HoS vote totally makes sense. What he did was dishonest and repetitive against many members and is definitely grounds for inclusion on the HoS. It doesn't have to be high dollar transactions, the scale is what makes it just as bad as say one seller stealing $10,000 from a buyer. But the HoS is not permanent. If he is allowed to rejoin the boards at 18 then he can rehabilitate his image and petition for removal from the HoS if he can show that he has learned from his ways.

Just my 2c

Depends on why they were banned. Repeated offenses outside the TOS, lifetime ban. Banned for being too young to sign up? There's a cure for that: Time.

So. I suppose I shouldn't count on getting my $10 on the MOS 18 I sold to GI Joe?

He pulled a refund out of you too?

Nah. He hit the :takeit: on a raw book for $10. I suppose I avoided having to give a refund of $5-6 for overgrading it, just by not invoicing him yet.

Just my 2c

hm Very interesting point. If he was placed on the HOS and could come back when he was 18, is there anyway that he could be removed from the HOS if he can prove he has learned a lesson as he entered adulthood? If that would be the case, I would be behind the HOS nomination. I guess it's just the permanency of the HOS that bothers me since he's 12.

It seems that this is a first - a 12 year old scammer on the Boards. I know about CAP Freak, but has 16 or older right? Much closer to an adult than a 12 year old in terms of thinking. From reading the history of the HOS members, they were all adults who essentially could not be redeemed. Basically sociopathic behavior in most cases. I'm not ready to give up hope that a 12 year old couldn't learn from his mistakes.

Just my 2c

hm Very interesting point. If he was placed on the HOS and could come back when he was 18, is there anyway that he could be removed from the HOS if he can prove he has learned a lesson as he entered adulthood? If that would be the case, I would be behind the HOS nomination. I guess it's just the permanency of the HOS that bothers me since he's 12.

It seems that this is a first - a 12 year old scammer on the Boards. I know about CAP Freak, but has 16 or older right? Much closer to an adult than a 12 year old in terms of thinking. From reading the history of the HOS members, they were all adults who essentially could not be redeemed. Basically sociopathic behavior in most cases. I'm not ready to give up hope that a 12 year old couldn't learn from his mistakes.

Here's the thing.

The PL is not a place for him given the type of deception and the fact that he's banned now with no way to get off.

I could see him coming back here as an adult, and attempting to rehab his rep. If he does so sufficiently I can see him coming off the HOS.

Until that time, there needs to be a reminder and a warning to the boards. Losing this event to the passage of time doesn't seem like an option.