• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sha, the only problem with that is that even if he closed his bank account, paypal and the bank would have his SSN # because they would need to file a form 111 to FinCEN due to the size of the transaction. The whole $10,000 or more thing was changed by the patriot act, now its $2,000 or more depending on certain habits. But then yea, I guess they would have to chase him in court... Idk the whole thing reeks of a 0% loan to me.

Is that because I hang out here Sean :-)?

Nope. Dorks are fine in my book.

What about jerks?

And "attorneys"? :frustrated:

Sha, the only problem with that is that even if he closed his bank account, paypal and the bank would have his SSN # because they would need to file a form 111 to FinCEN due to the size of the transaction. The whole $10,000 or more thing was changed by the patriot act, now its $2,000 or more depending on certain habits. But then yea, I guess they would have to chase him in court... Idk the whole thing reeks of a 0% loan to me.

We can only guess, but in any case, I think you used a correct term Justin;) I highlighted it;)

The fact the seller knows this thread is going and has time to pm insults to the buyers but not respond here clinches it for me.

XoXr3Tq.jpg

I think the beyonder just said he wanted to spank me! :o

It seems like the last month has been busy on the boards. I hope this is not an indication of the rest of the year to come.

It's been over 5 hours. I don't think anyone wants to defend this schmuck.

-slym

Maybe he "shipped" the same book to a third person and they are carefully drafting a Kudos thread post. hm

-slym

Maybe he "shipped" the same book to a third person and they are carefully drafting a Kudos thread post. hm

[font:Book Antiqua]Maybe not the same book,

but he may have played the same scheme...

[/font]

2c

-slym

Those cool books will getcha every time doh!

I am reposting the first page of my posts with some edits as support to the poll to add Kindle (Marc Cain) to the HOS. The facts as presented below are agreed to by Rapid08 (Joe) as well.

I recently purchased several books from a Board member (Kindle) that were "lost by USPS". At the same time, another Board member (Joe) was offered and purchased one of the books (AF 15- CGC 2.0) as well (neither of us knew this at the time). His book was "lost" as well. Again, neither of us knew about the other as a buyer of the book; however, through a bit of coincidence, we ultimately found out. There are more details, etc. but the basics are as follows:

- both sold the same high dollar book by another Board member- serial # and pictures match (AF 15- 2.0). The AF 15 was sold to each of us via PM and not included in his sale thread where I purchased the other three high-dollar books;

- both paid using credit card via Paypal;

- told our package "missed the USPS cut-off for an electronic label to be shipped". We were given tracking numbers tied to our Paypal transactions that noted electronic label created but no further updates were ever made. Tracking information showed both packages were only insured for $100 each;

- after several stories (not his fault, told the package made the deadline, package missed deadline and would be returned to sender, package lost), it became clear we were not getting the book;

- when we asked for a Paypal refund, we were both told the same quote; "Unfortunately I allocated the funds for other assets and therefore have to

wait until the claim clears in 30 days". Marc told me to file a Paypal claim but tried to get Joe to file directly with his credit card company as he was having some issues with Paypal (my claim was in the works at that time);

- both of our claims were eventually paid although not as easily as it should have been;

- I sent a PM to Marc telling him about the discussion but he was not interested in commenting- told me that I got a refund so basically what was my problem.

Consensus of the comments so far is not a PL since no real remedy; however, definitely a HOS vote.

Ed Robertson