• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Nominate him. Write up a detailed description of what occurred between you three and at the end place a blind 2 week poll asking whether he should be included in the hos. Be as detailed as possible. After two weeks if the vote carries he's in.

Is there any relevance to calling you two old ladies, or was that simply the depth of his put-downs?

You would have to ask him but while I may be old, I am not a lady (female).

I'm in my late 20's and not a lady :cool:

Is there any relevance to calling you two old ladies, or was that simply the depth of his put-downs?

You would have to ask him but while I may be old, I am not a lady (female).

Well that alone cements my HOS vote...that son of a gun

So where does this leave the HOS recommendation?
We wait for Speedy-D to come back on the boards, read the last three posts & add 'em.

:acclaim:

:jokealert:

It does seem like a more efficient process. hm

So where does this leave the HOS recommendation?
We wait for Speedy-D to come back on the boards, read the last three posts & add 'em.

:acclaim:

:jokealert:

It does seem like a more efficient process. hm

5-facebook-like-button.jpeg%3Ft%3D20110511023524

No way they pay out in two weeks - plus they'll fight it first - "Deny all claims" (Rainmaker)

A few years ago it took six weeks and some fighting to get $1500 out of them for a box they admitted destroying in their processing plant.

Also - No claim can be made on both these packages since they were never scanned into the system.

"Electronic Shipping Info received" is just label printed. Until it is physically scanned "acceptance" at a local post office, or gets scanned at a processing plant will they acknowledge that they have the package in their system.

As of late 2013, the USPS moved all claims processing online, to include the uploading of all evidence (photos, scans of receipts, snapshots of USPS documentation). Someone sent me a small envelope of $75 books with no protection, and within one week of opening the case and submitting all evidence the USPS had reviewed the claim, approved the insurance coverage, and had mailed a check out.

I was just as shocked as anyone else would be.

Yeah but he's still facing the problem of no tracking in the system. I can sit at home - pay and print up as many labels I want but if they show no tracking in the system USPS will say they never received the packages if I try to make a claim on packages that were never dropped off in the first place.

I don't know if Kindle benefited from his machinations but it sure looks like he tried. Unless he pops in here and gives us a logical explanation I'm all for HOS.

So you guys are implying that it is actually possible to pull this scam on PayPal and keep the money? I'm still not following how he wins anything other than the earlier referenced 0% loan for the price of his PayPal account and buy/sell membership on these boards.

I am scared that I'll have to pay back every $100 transaction I make on PayPal from a sketchy buyer, let alone a $10,000 one!

I am not sure how Paypal handles the back end of a claim; however, at this point, Marc did not fund the refund- used to "allocate to other assets". Paypal may be able to pursue him but they did not get any money from him for the refunds.

PayPal will usually place the assets on hold unless you already have a credit card attached to the account. They do this specifically to avoid this problem. In many instances, depending on the activity of the account, they also have social security numbers because of tax reporting.

So since he was able to withdraw $10K+ from his account, I'm guessing that he had the collateral back up attached to his account and that his intent was just to have access to funds beyond his means for some other purchase. PayPal will most definitely pursue him and will most likely get their funds back from him.

He could have had a credit card or bank account attached so they would not hold his funds, received the money from PP, withdrawn it and then closed his bank account (or emptied it) and closed the credit card. All of this could have taken place during the time he was stringing along his two buyers telling them the books were in the mail.

I'm not saying he did this, but that's a way of scam artists getting around stuff.

It would be nice to hear his explanation...although if he's using lady as an insult, I might have already made up my mind... hm

Plus the fact that I did speak to Ed before he posted here and he's extremely logical and credible.

Nominating Kindle for HOS - a few minutes Tuesday evening

Adding Kindle added to HOS - a minute two weeks from now

Kindle starting a sales thread - an entire weekend of gifs memes and button humping awesome.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

I can never hear that quote without thinking about when Andy said it to a crook in the Andy Griffith Show.