• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I wouldn't sell him the time of day. :whatev:

Cool books rules all.

Not all. There are people I won't purchase from, no matter what the book is. I have collected some very rare issues. Books that I haven't seen surface in years have appeared from said people. I have never once felt sad from passing on them.

That's because you're a class act.

Sadly, many here are not.

Cool books rules all.

Not all. There are people I won't purchase from, no matter what the book is. I have collected some very rare issues. Books that I haven't seen surface in years have appeared from said people. I have never once felt sad from passing on them.

:cloud9:

Cool books rules all.

That's because you're a class act.

Sadly, many here are not.

It is incredibly enlightening.

Watching the ensuing mental gymnastics is probably more enlightening.

I nominate Selecta for the probation list. He purchased a few comics off my Copper thread in January. And again on 2/6, he purchased an Iron Man run and a Captain marvel run offy GA/SA/BA thread. The last response that I received from him was on 2/7/14 and I have yet to receive payment. I have messaged him 6 times since then. Best, Nik

It has been 72hrs on this, and I have it from Nik that no communication has been made. Selecta should be added to the PL.

It may be worthwhile in this case to make broader inquiries to any other Board members who know or who have had business with Selecta, as it appears that in Selecta's own sales thread, his last post here, he did not send out all the invoices he could have for sales.

While it is sadly not unusual for some people to avoid paying their bills, it is unusual for people not to collect money they might otherwise be owed. For this reason there is some concern that Selecta may have suffered a genuine misfortune and, until we know otherwise, we should treat this as a compassionate case and not rush to judgment.

That said, the PL is intended finally not for judgment but as an advisory and as an incentive to make good, and by all the rules he should be added. We will hope for the best.

i would like to nominate Vintagehouse for the PL. His one and only post was a sales thread with 3 nice books. I took the chance and paid him via paypal. He tried to add more books at great prices, and i told him i will take those also, only after i received the first batch. At that time he stopped reading or responding to PM's. I just got my money back via paypal resolution center. I doubt he comes back here under that name, but i figured i would let everyone know. Usually when the deal is to good to be true it usually is! #7440272 - 02/12/14 03:56 PM Sold And Closed! # days ago i pmed him again letting him know of the nomination. unread

This is another one still pending. It appears that "Vintagehouse" is a 1 post wonder, but this looks like a clearer case of wrongdoing.

Given that here the buyer has been refunded, by paypal, I'm not sure how this may impact the PL, since its not immediately clear what the seller would do to get off it, in the unlikely event he returns.

At any rate I thought it was worth bumping it, since Wipple has a right, if he still wants it, to have him on the list. 2c

Does this have something to do with German newspapers? hm

I do owe a ton to ppls :( it still hasn't got to me but shipped all the books and most have got them so will send them some in the mail.

However some individual bought some raw books. He wanted some...I went and found them, sent him pricing he said :takeit: told me take 2 days for funds to clear. Well after some nice reminders of hey I can ship to you tomorrow going over to the US he reads and does nothing. Next week we repeat hey going to be able to ship out your books if you pay for them. Reads and doesn't respond. Wanna bet what happened the third time I said hey if you send payment I can ship the books? :taptaptap:

I know he is already on th pl but im nominating themightyjohn for it because of a transaction that occurs during his vcc thread. I paid him $30 for a book and because I sent the money as s friend I could not get a refund. After many attempt to contact him I finally sent this on 3/18/14. I dont know what happened i do hope everything is ok, its been way too long and im going to nominate you for the probation list if you dont send word of the comic shipping or an email letting me every thing is ok. please let me know something . Its been more than 72 hours so just chalk one more mark on his probation list. I just dont understand why someone would want to do something like that, I know it was just $30 but I guess I dont like being taken advantage of. Well have a great day boarded.

Cool books rules all.

I was mainly joking sir. I know there are a lot of good people here and those are the ones I try to deal with. :)

Cool books rules all.

I was mainly joking sir. I know there are a lot of good people here and those are the ones I try to deal with. :)

^^ +1

Does this have something to do with German newspapers? hm

I do owe a ton to ppls :( it still hasn't got to me but shipped all the books and most have got them so will send them some in the mail.

However some individual bought some raw books. He wanted some...I went and found them, sent him pricing he said :takeit: told me take 2 days for funds to clear. Well after some nice reminders of hey I can ship to you tomorrow going over to the US he reads and does nothing. Next week we repeat hey going to be able to ship out your books if you pay for them. Reads and doesn't respond. Wanna bet what happened the third time I said hey if you send payment I can ship the books? :taptaptap:

Sorry buddy. Hope everything works out.

Cool books rules all.

You have mixed the plural "books" with the singular "rules". It should read "Cool books rule all" or..."A cool book rules all." (tsk)

He meant

"Cool Books"™ rules all.

It's a singular trademarked idea.

Cool books rules all.

You have mixed the plural "books" with the singular "rules". It should read "Cool books rule all" or..."A cool book rules all." (tsk)

He meant

"Cool Books"™ rules all.

It's a singular trademarked idea.

You know, I was pondering that very possibility of "cool books" being a singular concept, which would, naturally, require the singular "rules". hm

Cool books rules all.

I know that, Casey. My statement was mainly for the people who didn't know you were joking.