• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

You all win, make fun of me, put me down etc. I quit..I won't sell anything here anymore. I don't appreciate being called a liar. I am not a liar, nor am I dishonest. I am done..Be happy, you got someone to leave the boards by bullying them and putting them down..all over a fricken mistake in mailing

ajm2wx.gif

hm

"I have to return some videotapes"

so why did Taco bring this up?

The items arrived in described condition.

Do you want a postage refund or to return the books?

Are you trying to put Kyle on the probation list?

I think this makes both parties look bad.

Seriously. Im curious as to how much taco actually paid for shipping.

The cost was not the issue. It was about a buyer asking in advance how a seller packages their books for shipment - being told boxed - and then envelope packaging arrives.

So if the seller is undercharging for securely boxing his books, they should address that. Seriously!

Typically, how much does it cost, as a minimum, to ship within the US in a box?

Shipping costs are weight based. So if a shipment is an envelope or a box, it can go first class mail if the total weight is under 13 ounces.

The cost was not the issue. It was about a buyer asking in advance how a seller packages their books for shipment - being told boxed - and then envelope packaging arrives.

So if the seller is undercharging for securely boxing his books, they should address that. Seriously!

priority mail for one comic can be as little as $5, media $3-$5 but it seems you aren't suppose to use Media. no one likes Parcel Post.

The answer is 'it depends' because to be fair there are some factors to consider.

- If Priority Mail and you use the free 1092 or 1095 box, a one pound package can be between $4.95-$6.50 depending on the region across the USA.

- If Media Mail, and you are willing to run the risk of it being opened, then $3-$4 depending on the region across the USA.

- If the seller is buying boxes from ULINE or another shipping supply company in order to package securely, then you have to account for the cost of that material (anywhere from $.57 to $1.75, depending on the box). If they are recycling boxes, then that is a different story.

You all win, make fun of me, put me down etc. I quit..I won't sell anything here anymore. I don't appreciate being called a liar. I am not a liar, nor am I dishonest. I am done..Be happy, you got someone to leave the boards by bullying them and putting them down..all over a fricken mistake in mailing

ajm2wx.gif

hm

"I have to return some videotapes"

11gn9g1.gif

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

Edited by Taco

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

If you used one of those mini boxes to keep it under the weight, those can be hit-or-miss if the post office handles it rough enough. Especially since you can't use additional boards for protection at the risk of exceeding the max 13 oz limit.

I wish they were a little stronger, as they are perfect for one to three comics.

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7646426#Post7646426

Thanks in advance

I dont think thats true.

In the pm posted, it looks to me like he bought, paid, got a tracking number and says "I paid that much for media mail shipping?" An immediate complaint.

Then later the complaint becomes not the cost, but a conflict in how it was packaged. Nevermind the comic showed up undamaged in a timely manner, apparently for a lower cost then fmv.

I dont know why kyle told him it was in a box with bubble wrap but ive made a similar mistake cutting and pasting replies to multiple people. Kyle didnt exactly handle the fallout properly (far from), but there was no reason for any of it. Bad blood maybe?

The dog pile might be on kyle but i wouldnt sell taco a packet of fire sauce.

If you used one of those mini boxes to keep it under the weight, those can be hit-or-miss if the post office handles it rough enough. Especially since you can't use additional boards for protection at the risk of exceeding the max 13 oz limit.

I wish they were a little stronger, as they are perfect for one to three comics.

It was actually a Staples box I think (recycled). 12x?x2 (I forget the middle number).

I understand. :) I asked about typical shipping costs for a box as I'm trying to get a sense of what is a "reasonable expectation" of service in the US for the amount paid.

I also understand that the seller has not been exactly conducting a clinic in customer service, but is there anything at this point that he could do to make this right?

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge.

You seem like a fellow who appreciates nitpicking. How would you classify the response "I paid that much for media mail shipping?" to a tracking number. Why did you feel the need to lecture kyle on the cost of media mail shipping?

I understand. :) I asked about typical shipping costs for a box as I'm trying to get a sense of what is a "reasonable expectation" of service in the US for the amount paid.

I also understand that the seller has not been exactly conducting a clinic in customer service, but is there anything at this point that he could do to make this right?

I think it pretty much settled. It was a lesson learned. It was an overlook by me to put this in probation and not in general.

Hey Tommy

What's Venom's new ID?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7646426#Post7646426

Thanks in advance

I actually removed myself from the topic last week. I cleared out my inbox. Sorry!

see thats not correct..I ship slab priority medium, received a lot from here not even in priority..I ship raws, depending on how many various ways..The damaged comics, are usually slabs in priority medium boxes, so that argument makes no sense..get all your facts before you accuse anyone..That would be a new thing lately though..people getting all the facts, before accusations fly here..

You're going to love his response then.

not for me..my prices range from 3.13 to 4.92 on media..and 11.39-11.99 on priority..what are you talking about..

I didn't respond because it was a 3 minute gap and I didn't even see it.

send it back...will send out the refund from paypal..your an insufficiently_thoughtful_person..My prices are shown, are you looking for things to off people, you tried in the revival thread..I don't need your cheap price on the asm I sold you, I did you a favor..I don't inflate my prices on my shipping or comics..Don't ever call me a liar, thats not true nor has it ever been true..So yea return it, I will paypal the money back to you. Give a cut rate price, and you complain about the shipping charge..wow..get a life

Edit: The revival thread comment is when he brought Revival from a few pages back on the Modern section saying that he knew there was going to be a TV show. And then he posted a sales thread for a full run CGC 9.8 minutes later. A lot of members called him out for manipulating.

I've avoided him since I received the very poorly packed and damaged slab. I have also noticed how he tends to get very butthurt and play the victim when questioned about anything here or on other forums.

With that said, it looks as if he has had some successful and smooth transactions since our deal. So, caveat emptor for all that enter his sales threads...

Did you get refunded? or not? If so, what would be the complaint then?

I mentioned that I did get refunded and it went smoothly. With that said, this is not a priority medium box

1079153.jpg

Slabs need to be place between two cardboard pieces, taped in place (two opposite sides are good enough), then surrounded by bubble wrap and that taped in place. Then place that in a 1092 priority box and use peanuts to fill up the empty space. Then place that inside a 1095 box with some more peanuts or rolled paper to fill the small space.

Double box or gtfo.

:sumo:

see thats not correct..I ship slab priority medium, received a lot from here not even in priority..I ship raws, depending on how many various ways..The damaged comics, are usually slabs in priority medium boxes, so that argument makes no sense..get all your facts before you accuse anyone..That would be a new thing lately though..people getting all the facts, before accusations fly here..

You're going to love his response then.

not for me..my prices range from 3.13 to 4.92 on media..and 11.39-11.99 on priority..what are you talking about..

I didn't respond because it was a 3 minute gap and I didn't even see it.

send it back...will send out the refund from paypal..your an insufficiently_thoughtful_person..My prices are shown, are you looking for things to off people, you tried in the revival thread..I don't need your cheap price on the asm I sold you, I did you a favor..I don't inflate my prices on my shipping or comics..Don't ever call me a liar, thats not true nor has it ever been true..So yea return it, I will paypal the money back to you. Give a cut rate price, and you complain about the shipping charge..wow..get a life

Edit: The revival thread comment is when he brought Revival from a few pages back on the Modern section saying that he knew there was going to be a TV show. And then he posted a sales thread for a full run CGC 9.8 minutes later. A lot of members called him out for manipulating.

I've avoided him since I received the very poorly packed and damaged slab. I have also noticed how he tends to get very butthurt and play the victim when questioned about anything here or on other forums.

With that said, it looks as if he has had some successful and smooth transactions since our deal. So, caveat emptor for all that enter his sales threads...

Did you get refunded? or not? If so, what would be the complaint then?

I mentioned that I did get refunded and it went smoothly. With that said, this is not a priority medium box

1079153.jpg

Slabs need to be place between two cardboard pieces, taped in place (two opposite sides are good enough), then surrounded by bubble wrap and that taped in place. Then place that in a 1092 priority box and use peanuts to fill up the empty space. Then place that inside a 1095 box with some more peanuts or rolled paper to fill the small space.

Double box or gtfo.

:sumo:

We need to get Dr. Balls to make a video on how to pack your books. I swear to god when I got my package from him I was 100% convinced it could stop a bullet with no damage to the book.

other notes about media mail for the uniformed. (These are mostly my opinions, but I think generally true).

Its supposed to be for music, movies, books, cd's, DVD's, papers, etc.

Typically, graphic novels are ok, but comics typically are not because they include advertisements.

Media mail IS typically cheaper and slower than most other services.

In order to ensure media mail isn't abused, the post office does OCCASSIONALLY although RARELY check the package for inappropriate items. When that happens, typically the receiver has to pay the shipping difference AT the post office in order to get their item.

In my experience, getting checked is pretty rare, I'm thinking 2-3% of the time. And I'm thinking about 20% of the times it checked, the checker thinks comics is ok (or doesn't care enough to make an issue).

SO for those send media mail (which I think only really makes sense with like 10 or more raw low cost comics), I think it makes a lot of sense to let the buyer know ahead of time, because many don't want to go to the post office in the event of a 'check' and don't want to have a dispute over who pays the difference if 'checked', and they'd rather pay a bit more to prevent the potential hassle.