• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Are there any other HOS eBay rules I should be made aware of? I got an email that I might lose my top rated status. Is that probation worthy?

Uhm..... since when is shilling ebay auctions HOS worthy? There needs to be more. Much more.

I think it's the constant disregard for wrongdoing as well as him continuing to go back on his word. At some point, someone is going to get royally bent over by this guy if he goes on unchecked.

Well I was going to make a few posts, but first,

What is Drew being put on the pl for?

His miscommunication about the manifest destiny or

Shilling auctions

Don't say both. We've already dealt with the shill auctioning and the decision was made it wasn't hos worthy. You can't change your mind on a previous conscious. That's communism.

Uhm..... since when is shilling ebay auctions HOS worthy? There needs to be more. Much more.

I think it's the constant disregard for wrongdoing as well as him continuing to go back on his word. At some point, someone is going to get royally bent over by this guy if he goes on unchecked.

The probability of bending someone over is not even probation worthy. Going back on his word will be his own reward.

Shilling is fraud. If that is not HoS worthy, then what is? Isnt the point of HoS to shed light on these bad actors? You can't assume every buyer is going to find and read this thread.

Shilling is fraud. If that is not HoS worthy, then what is? Isnt the point of HoS to shed light on these bad actors? You can't assume every buyer is going to find and read this thread.

Shilling is not fraud and in some of your United States apparently is not even illegal. Plus this list is for boardies and not the general public.

"The following Board Members have been elected by the community to the Probation List's "Hall of Shame" for gross misconduct as members in the Marketplace Forum"

What Symbiote has done falls within the definition of "gross misconduct". If other boardies feel that his actions are not defined in that way - no problem, that can be a discussion for later. But let's just make sure that everyone realizes that the HOS does not specifically say "members who have stolen money, committed fraud or done something illegal". It's a pretty wide interpretation and what people are pointing out here is well within how the HOS is defined.

Ok, a deceptive trade practice then. Regardless, is that the type of seller you want here? People roasted a guy this week for shipping media envelope instead of priority boxed, to the point where he has quit selling here. This symbiotic guy appears to flaunt his deceptive ways and gets support.

Shilling is not fraud and in some of your United States apparently is not even illegal. Plus this list is for boardies and not the general public.

Branget I appreciate your contribution. Shilling is fraud if it is not disclosed. Note that within the rules of auction houses they will disclose when they will bid for. eBay specifically prohibits shilling (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html) The rules for the HoS also state that multiple offenses are calls for being nominated to the HoS (rule 5B) and I am not protecting the general public. All of Symbiotic's eBay auctions are advertised on these boards, he is soliciting bidders for his shilled auctions, so bidders can also be boardies.

In the past five years I can think off the top of my head of five worse situations where the sellers was not put on the HOS.

Make a poll if you want - I don't see this actually going forward.

You can't be put on the HOS for shilling your auctions. I don't understand how you can argue that. A big difference between Drew, and other board members, or advertised websites, Drew tells you he shills his auctions. Don't expect the same from the latter. (yes I'm talking about HA)

Shilling your auctions isn't a HOS offence. I understand that one person (the buyer of the manifest destiny) is upset, but if you don't have a horse in this race just keep the information about shilling to yourself, share it in any thread you want, but to argue its HOS worthy? :screwy:

There are worse things that have happened on the boards these past five years that have been swooped under the rug. (i.e. "its not an official variant" thread kraping or popped staple-gate)

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've only had great dealings with Drew, including some high dollar slabs. I thought only offended people were allowed to nominate?

I guess it's the "noobs want to put another noob in the Hall of Shame" time of the year again :doh:

lol

They love to anonymously condemn one another. I guess that's what you get when you join a discussion board full of wanna be superheroes. :facepalm:

Just forget having a PL and throw everyone in the HOS. Makes the paperwork easier.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've only had great dealings with Drew, including some high dollar slabs. I thought only offended people were allowed to nominate?

I wouldn't worry. He can still sell here. The advertising may work to his advantage. hm