• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am not even sure what the issue is..The comic was pristine, he could have just returned to me for full refund, well except he knows he would pay 10+ or more for it on the bay..so yea how I ship is my prerogative..As long as they get to you safe and sound is all I care about..This a non-issue..no one was cheated, robbed, or didn't receive what they paid for..and I did apologize if he thought he was getting a box..

Edited by KyleG40

..If I told you it was coming by box, sorry..

:popcorn:

8gf62.jpg

lol

I was just trying to recommend that an apology was the way to go. He should have opened with that but apparently "guns blazing" is the preferred method. All the cool kids are doing it.

no one was lied to intentionally. And lately around here, all people do is attack others without waiting for any explanations. Thats really too bad because a lot of us enjoy the actual comics and trading and selling them, as well as buying them..

Edited by KyleG40

I am not even sure what the issue is..The comic was pristine, he could have just returned to me for full refund, well except he knows he would pay 10+ or more for it on the bay..so yea how I ship is my prerogative..As long as they get to you safe and sound is all I care about..This a non-issue..no one was cheated, robbed, or didn't receive what they paid for..and I did apologize if he thought he was getting a box..

Normally, when apologizing to someone you don't blame them for what you are apologizing for...because then it's just blame in an apology suit.

Wrong..I never told you yours was packed in a box..I stated and I quote I pack boxes with bubble wrap, etc..I would have no problem telling you how it was shipped..duh..I pay 3.23-4.98 I think for some of the media, a lot of it depends on weight..If you thought it was coming by box, sorry..If it was damaged, which it wasn't sorry..I can point many who have gotten boxes with bubble, and priority mail with bubble, and some mailers..so yea if you mistook it to mean that, it was not my intention

Making it his mistake and then diminishing that he believed that he was promised one type of shipping and got another, because it didn't result in damage, is where he's got an issue.

no one was lied to intentionally. And lately around here, all people do is attack others without waiting for any explanations. Thats really too bad because a lot of us enjoy the actual comics and trading and selling them, as well as buying them..

You changed your story several times. It took me posting screen shots, quotes, tracking numbers to get something. You still have dodged several questions. And some questions you did answer were ridiculous. I advertise as shipping in box and bubble wrap because I actually do 1/100 times...

no one was lied to intentionally.

This along with a sincere apology for the miscommunication is all that was needed. It would have gone a long way. (thumbs u

This along with a sincere apology for the miscommunication is all that was needed. It would have gone a long way. (thumbs u

Yep. Taking responsibility that it was one's own ham-fisted wording that causes a buyer to believe his item was being sent boxed and not laying the responsibility for it at the buyer's feet for not being able to assume the opposite of what was said would be an awesomely awesome start.

I just want to confirm that I have my scorecard up to date

don't bring up new threads about

- pressing

- first appearance of wolverine

- jim 83

- bryan singer and underage members (I think this is two separate topics, need to confirm)

- Hustruck

and now

- shipping do's and don'ts

You may want to include a ban on putting "Singer" and "Underage Members" in the same sentence.

Or, really, any discussion about "underage members".

Oh, and Hulk 180 :sumo:

Yep. Taking responsibility that it was one's own ham-fisted wording that causes a buyer to believe his item was being sent boxed and not laying the responsibility for it at the buyer's feet for not being able to assume the opposite of what was said would be an awesomely awesome start.

I think I would have gone with "Sorry, I ship out a bunch of comics each week, most pricing is between $xxxxx and $xxxxxx for raw comics, so I price the shipping roughly at $$$$$$ so I don't have to think about it too much, sometimes on a specific sales, I make a bit extra or lose a bit extra, but for me it evens out. And 80%-90% of it goes out in boxes, so I just assumed yours did too, sorry if I got it mixed up. Either way, I'm glad you got it ok. Thanks for the sale."

Also,

I've learned to not ship media unless both parties agree to it.

OMG, he used a cut up priority box as packing material. :ohnoez:

OMG, the U.S. Postal Service then charges the receiver for the higher shipping rate due to the misuse of Priority Box material.

That's where a concern comes in is just not to do this going forward. The post office will make sure we all realize why through our bank accounts otherwise.

I just want to confirm that I have my scorecard up to date

don't bring up new threads about

- pressing

- first appearance of wolverine

- jim 83

- bryan singer and underage members (I think this is two separate topics, need to confirm)

- Hustruck

and now

- shipping do's and don'ts

You may want to include a ban on putting "Singer" and "Underage Members" in the same sentence.

Wait. I thought the rule was IF 'SINGER' => WITH 'UNDERAGE' = THREE THREADS TO DISCUSS.

Is that not the rule? (:

just because someone gets a tracking number, doesn't mean its gotten to go out yet..I just printed up 4 numbers for medium priority last night and gave the individuals their tracking..so someone is saying I said this after I had shipped it out, nope..I would never lie about how something is traveling, what would the point be..they are going to receive it and see..

Medium priority boxes are too short to ship slabs in. I know some people do it, but there is no room for packing.

As for books moving around in a box...you need to pack the box so that the books can't move.

It's not rocket science. Just pack the book securely then use old crumbled newspapers if bubble wrap or peanuts are too costly.

I don't get this whole thing...

What ever happened to people just saying "I'm sorry, I screwed up, I'll make a note so I remember the next time?

It seems we have a bunch of people on here lately who think the attitude should be...you don't like it, lump it...

Bad idea, there are lots of people who read these threads and don't post.

As for eBay...the number of bad sellers there is no different than the bad sellers here.

You changed your story several times. It took me posting screen shots, quotes, tracking numbers to get something. You still have dodged several questions. And some questions you did answer were ridiculous. I advertise as shipping in box and bubble wrap because I actually do 1/100 times...

Ok I was gonna let this go since I had apologized etc. But what you have just said is an outright lie and slander..I do mail out comics in boxes etc. If you wanted a specific type of mail, you should request one before you buy..The prices are listed in every sale. They aren't adjusted by what you buy etc.I made a mistake, you were charged the same rate as everyone else would pay for the same things..Some go out in mailers, if I have decent ones, others in boxes..Both cost me the same.but to say I don't send out boxes except 1/100 is an outright lie..I could actually see him complaining if the comic was damaged and I refused to give out a refund..but none of that is the case..Instead we have to find things to yell at people about. I would be consistently posting about sellers in here, if shipping were the case..How about got the comic, its in great shape thanks..

Edited by KyleG40

Ok I was gonna let this go since I had apologized etc. But what you have just said is an outright lie and slander..I do mail out comics in boxes etc. If you wanted a specific type of mail, you should request one before you buy..The prices are listed in every sale. They aren't adjusted by what you buy etc.I made a mistake, you were charged the same rate as everyone else would pay for the same things..Some go out in mailers, if I have decent ones, others in boxes..Both cost me the same.but to say I don't send out boxes except 1/100 is an outright lie..I could actually see him complaining if the comic was damaged and I refused to give out a refund..but none of that is the case..Instead we have to find things to yell at people about. I would be consistently posting about sellers in here, if shipping were the case..How about got the comic, its in great shape thanks..

:eyeroll: