• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I guess I can bend the comic now, but as long as the packaging is ok, I have the blessings of the people..lol..

Wow!

so why did Taco bring this up?

The items arrived in described condition.

Do you want a postage refund or to return the books?

Are you trying to put Kyle on the probation list?

I think this makes both parties look bad.

Seriously. Im curious as to how much taco actually paid for shipping.

The cost was not the issue. It was about a buyer asking in advance how a seller packages their books for shipment - being told boxed - and then envelope packaging arrives.

So if the seller is undercharging for securely boxing his books, they should address that. Seriously!

Typically, how much does it cost, as a minimum, to ship within the US in a box?

Right at $3 for a 1# box shipped Media Mail. That would be the minimum, whether or not comics fit the regulations.

-slym

I shipped a box today First Class. 12 oz. $3.29. I haven't bought boxes in 6+ months because I just recycle now, but I think they were about 85-90 cents each.

The complaint didn't start off as being a complaint about the shipping charge. It was purchased being told one thing, but receiving something different and then the responses from Kyle didn't help at all. I don't think I went about it the wrong way because I kept him anonymous as long as I could.

If you used one of those mini boxes to keep it under the weight, those can be hit-or-miss if the post office handles it rough enough. Especially since you can't use additional boards for protection at the risk of exceeding the max 13 oz limit.

I wish they were a little stronger, as they are perfect for one to three comics.

I can make a box out of double-thick cardboard and keep it under the 13-oz weight limit with the comic in it, but there is no room for the "cardboard sandwich," only bubblewrap. As I advertise that all comics come sandwiched and then bubblewrapped, I can't use that for 1st Class mail.

-slym

I use the U - Line 342 for orders of ten books and under. If you add in the box cost plus tracking, its more like $4.00, or a bit more if going all the way across country.

That is true - I didn't mention that I re-use, recycle, and just plain look around for boxes.

-slym

I think I purchased a slab off you once that came in a Dunkin Donut's box. Now I get it. :baiting:

Alright this is the last time I will correct this statement, no one was told in advance of how a comic would be shipped, I told the person I ship in boxes with bubble. U line actually..I charge a flat 4.00 for shipping, I had some mailers, for this single comic, I sandwiched it between cardboard cut up from priority boxes etc.The problem was a mis-communication about how it was coming, after it was shipped, he thought I meant his was coming in a box, it didn't..As for the 4.00 charge, its a set charge, media can range from 2.73-4.25..I don't overcharge nor was that an issue..Now the issue was only this, he thought it was coming in a box, it came in a uline mailer I think..I am not sure on the mailer company..The comic was in pristine shape, it was a mis-communication on my behalf, not his..stop trying to blow this into a he ripped him off, overcharged him etc. I received 2 comics today from a Con thread in here, cardboard was priority, in a soft envelope..Comic came fine..But please stop trying to say this was anything but a miscommunication..Thats all it was..no malice, no trying to rip someone off, btw which would have been what? .23 less for media..so no I apologized, I didn't mean to mislead him, it was an honest mistake now let it go, I don't sell here anymore because of this, so you don't have to worry about receiving anything from a seller with great kudos..

That is true - I didn't mention that I re-use, recycle, and just plain look around for boxes.

I think I purchased a slab off you once that came in a Dunkin Donut's box. Now I get it. :baiting:

Never! I only ship slabs via the USPS 1092-1095 double boxed method. Only raw books get recycled boxes.

;)

-slym

I agree that the problem is primarily a communication issue, I don't think it's limited to the messages between buyer and seller.

It's probably late in the day for constructive criticism, but it's worth noting #8 in the User Guidelines:

8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

The sales thread in question lists the cost but nothing about the times or methods. Perhaps if the thread had stated "1-6 comics shipped Media Mail for a flat rate of $4.00. Envelope or box at my discretion." then everyone would know up front what to expect.

I mention this not only for the benefit of the seller in question, but because I've seen a large number of sales threads that are a bit vague on shipping terms which opens up the door for this kind of drama.

And frankly, I'm guilty myself. I've listed the cost and method in my sale threads, but have never thought to list shipping times in accord with guideline #8.

I agree that the problem is primarily a communication issue, I don't think it's limited to the messages between buyer and seller.

It's probably late in the day for constructive criticism, but it's worth noting #8 in the User Guidelines:

8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

The sales thread in question lists the cost but nothing about the times or methods. Perhaps if the thread had stated "1-6 comics shipped Media Mail for a flat rate of $4.00. Envelope or box at my discretion." then everyone would know up front what to expect.

I mention this not only for the benefit of the seller in question, but because I've seen a large number of sales threads that are a bit vague on shipping terms which opens up the door for this kind of drama.

And frankly, I'm guilty myself. I've listed the cost and method in my sale threads, but have never thought to list shipping times in accord with guideline #8.

Thats a good thought..I usually try to get my items out within 1 day or 2 days..but yes I think an explanation would solve that..Thank you for someone actually thinking up a way to solve this, rather than just do personal attacks..

Never! I only ship slabs via the USPS 1092-1095 double boxed method. Only raw books get recycled boxes.

;)

-slym

:jokealert:

He can't get out of his own way. :facepalm:

I actually think this is a good move. In fact, I encouraged him to change his name back (not claiming that's why he did it, btw).

If he's serious about taking his licks and being responsible etc. then he needs to stop trying to pretend to be someone else and own his past.