• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Why did you nominate Symbiotic for HOS?

Remember, only an offended party can nominate for Pl or HOS.

Jimmy, you're mixing them up.

A Probation List nomination can only be made by the offended party and isn't subject to a poll.

A HOS nomination is conducted with a write-up of the reasoning behind the nomination and a poll. This can be done by anyone.

But when the PL nomination isn't completed. Because it wasn't - You can't just jump to a HOS nomination. Especially if you're not involved. I love the idea of self-policeing - but this is not the time.

He was already added to the Probation List a week ago after Wolfpack nominated him. HERE

In the case of the first seller, I would PM and point out that you are discussing this here, and that you would like an explanation. I would only bring this back here if you find the seller's responses continue to be unsatisfactory. 2c

Second seller's last comment on that board appears to be 4/21 my post was 4/23.

With the second seller, to clarify, your latest PMs remain "unread", yes?

Second seller, yes my latest PM remains unread.

There is no immediate answer to this problem, since there could be any number of normal explanations for the seller's absence. Here the critical time lapse is 30 days to complete a transaction. I would not suggest, nor is it normal, for anyone to wait weeks for responses in an open thread, if it were closed that would be another matter. I would give this a few more days. After that you would be within your rights in posting in the General Discussion, or in CG, for any info on the seller's contacts. 2c

Thanks for your input. I have sent pm to first seller trying to find out what's going on, but really what's going on is he is asking for 2x the $ on Ebay a day after PM discussions on the book, so I'm not really sure what response I'm going to get.

Thanks for your input. I have sent pm to first seller trying to find out what's going on, but really what's going on is he is asking for 2x the $ on Ebay a day after PM discussions on the book, so I'm not really sure what response I'm going to get.

have you sent a msg through ebay as that will go to their email where here it may not.

have you sent a msg through ebay as that will go to their email where here it may not.

Considering that the seller posted in this very thread today, he has no excuse to be ignoring Jawn's PMs

I just paid him for a lot of IMAGE comics ???

I hope I'm not getting screwed over He gave me a good deal doh!

He seemed like an honest seller

Yes I tried to make an offer for the same amount he had on here with a note saying I think I already bought this on CGC boards from you with his sn here. The bid was auto rejected so I sent him a message, with no response.

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

:gossip: There are a lot of people around here who shill their auctions.

Considering that the seller posted in this very thread today, he has no excuse to be ignoring Jawn's PMs

Didn't go hunting to see who the seller was in question :(

Didn't go hunting to see who the seller was in question :(

If he screws over Jawn, I don't think many will sympathize if he gets screwed over by Symbi.

Agreed.

Isn't he the same guy who completely spammed comics general and then intentionally tried to provoke people there?

To be fair, he did say in PM he thought the book was underpriced and he thought he may keep it. I got caught up in some other things, and then fell asleep, woke up and sent a PM agreeing to what he was asking for the book ($10 more than offered) in a PM and posted I'll take it in his open, and still open listing/board post. To me if he was keeping it to sell on Ebay he should have closed it and/or responded to my PM. I don't know it's been a frustrating week but tomorrow is another day.

I think the thing with Symbi is not that he has did one isolated incident that is just egregious by itself but more of a very long pattern of shady practices.

I have not voted yet because I am not as educated as I should be on the ins and outs of HOS and PL so I am watching the arguments of the senior guys. I do know enough to feel that he is not the type of member that puts the boards in a good light.

That's the thing with Symbiotic that saves him. Instead of clear infractions leading to a unquestionable activity leading to a HOS recommendation, it is borderline activity that at best is PL worthy.

When he backed out of his purchase with me mid-2012 due to 'finding out he had lost his job' and then I caught him later in a lie, there was no way he could be recommended for the PL or HOS. He ended up paying.

It was just pure luck I was having a PM discussion with a long-time respected seller here and mentioned Drew/Symbiotic's situation. I was going to recommend conducting a fund drive to raise money for him, I felt so bad. That's when I found out he had just purchased an Amazing Fantasy 15 from this seller at the same time he informed me he needed to break our agreement due to the loss of his job. Now I felt taken advantage of for thinking he needed financial assistance.

Was it dirty what he did? Sure. Did he pay? Yes he did, with the assistance of a few board members that called him out for his behavior. But there is no list to capture that action because it wasn't PL or HOS worthy.