• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Shilling is fraud. If that is not HoS worthy, then what is? Isnt the point of HoS to shed light on these bad actors? You can't assume every buyer is going to find and read this thread.

Shilling is not fraud and in some of your United States apparently is not even illegal. Plus this list is for boardies and not the general public.

Branget I appreciate your contribution. Shilling is fraud if it is not disclosed. Note that within the rules of auction houses they will disclose when they will bid for. eBay specifically prohibits shilling (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html) The rules for the HoS also state that multiple offenses are calls for being nominated to the HoS (rule 5B) and I am not protecting the general public. All of Symbiotic's eBay auctions are advertised on these boards, he is soliciting bidders for his shilled auctions, so bidders can also be boardies.

He disclosed it. :gossip:

Shilling is fraud. If that is not HoS worthy, then what is? Isnt the point of HoS to shed light on these bad actors? You can't assume every buyer is going to find and read this thread.

Shilling is not fraud and in some of your United States apparently is not even illegal. Plus this list is for boardies and not the general public.

Branget I appreciate your contribution. Shilling is fraud if it is not disclosed. Note that within the rules of auction houses they will disclose when they will bid for. eBay specifically prohibits shilling (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html) The rules for the HoS also state that multiple offenses are calls for being nominated to the HoS (rule 5B) and I am not protecting the general public. All of Symbiotic's eBay auctions are advertised on these boards, he is soliciting bidders for his shilled auctions, so bidders can also be boardies.

He disclosed it. :gossip:

Did he disclose it before or after being called out for it. Do you mean disclosure or confession?

I mean this nomination is silly. ;)

I admit I am not sure which way I will vote, but do you not think shilling is much the same as insider trading or stock manipulation? Do you not think a pattern of deceitful behaviour is cause for shame?

I think he has quite a bit to be ashamed of. I do not think that he belongs as part of the worst of the worst. Maybe suggest a Heroes donation?

I think he has quite a bit to be ashamed of. I do not think that he belongs as part of the worst of the worst. Maybe suggest a Heroes donation?

I think he should be forced to give Allen Bellman daily sponge-baths for a month. :sumo:

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

Ok. What is everything he has done to deserve a potential ban? I am more concerned with the integrity of the HOS than supporting this guy.

Ok. What is everything he has done to deserve a potential ban? I am more concerned with the integrity of the HOS than supporting this guy.

It would be easier to list what he hasn't done. :baiting:

Folks I am going to Nominate Symbiotic a.k.a Future a.k.a Whouffle to the Hall of Shame. There are several reasons for the nomination. 1) In November 2013 Symbiotic was caught shilling his eBay auctions. He admitted to this and said that he was going to stop selling on the boards. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7630565&fpart=1 Within ten days he was listing books for sale on the boards and pimping his eBay auctions on the boards (the same ones he was shilling). 2) He recently screwed over Wolfpack06 who purchased books from symbiotic on the boards then "accidently" sent one of the books wolfpack bought to CGC and it was graded and then popped up on eBay. The whole time asking how to resolve the situation and if wolfpack still wanted the book. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7619975#Post7619975 3) He is STILL shilling auctions and advertising those auctions on the boards. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7619975#Post7619975

So what say you board members? Should Symbiotic a.k.a. Future a.k.a Whouffle a.k.a Drew Kim be added to the Hall of Shame?

In trying to review this even-handed nomination/poll - I recall the original shill/admission *check

I saw the mix up on a raw/slabbed book *check

How does your third link prove shilling is still happening? Post some ebay screen shots etc..etc...

If you are going to spoon feed something to the audience for a vote...try providing accurate evidence rather than telling everyone what their opinion should be in these nominations.

2c

lol

You might be right. I won't pretend to know all his infractions but what is the worst offense?

Folks I am going to Nominate Symbiotic a.k.a Future a.k.a Whouffle to the Hall of Shame. There are several reasons for the nomination. 1) In November 2013 Symbiotic was caught shilling his eBay auctions. He admitted to this and said that he was going to stop selling on the boards. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7630565&fpart=1 Within ten days he was listing books for sale on the boards and pimping his eBay auctions on the boards (the same ones he was shilling). 2) He recently screwed over Wolfpack06 who purchased books from symbiotic on the boards then "accidently" sent one of the books wolfpack bought to CGC and it was graded and then popped up on eBay. The whole time asking how to resolve the situation and if wolfpack still wanted the book. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7619975#Post7619975 3) He is STILL shilling auctions and advertising those auctions on the boards. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7619975#Post7619975

So what say you board members? Should Symbiotic a.k.a. Future a.k.a Whouffle a.k.a Drew Kim be added to the Hall of Shame?

In trying to review this even-handed nomination/poll - I recall the original shill/admission *check

I saw the mix up on a raw/slabbed book *check

How does your third link prove shilling is still happening? Post some ebay screen shots etc..etc...

If you are going to spoon feed something to the audience for a vote...try providing accurate evidence rather than telling everyone what their opinion should be in these nominations.

2c

Bababooey I screwed up. Sorry about that. Apparently i repasted a link rather than post the correct one, this one: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7654448#Post7654448 I'll update my post. You can see from this link the auction being shilled. (well one of them) http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7651465#Post7651465

I think the thing with Symbi is not that he has did one isolated incident that is just egregious by itself but more of a very long pattern of shady practices.

I have not voted yet because I am not as educated as I should be on the ins and outs of HOS and PL so I am watching the arguments of the senior guys. I do know enough to feel that he is not the type of member that puts the boards in a good light.

lol

You might be right. I won't pretend to know all his infractions but what is the worst offense?

For me, it was lying about his fathers death, to get out of shipping books. I know this doesn't put him on the HoS but, there's plenty else that will. This is the hardest for me to get past, though.

lol

For me, it was lying about his fathers death, to get out of shipping books. I know this doesn't put him on the HoS but, there's plenty else that will. This is the hardest for me to get past, though.

Wrong guy, that's solarcadet1

Thanks for voting :D

Edited by bababooey

You're missing the point.

The HoS is reserved for the worst of the worst - the professional scammers, scumbags, liars & cheats. Some dude shilling his eBay auctions just doesn't compare to Alleybat (who started threatening peoples' families) or ComicSupply (who took a ton of peoples' money & never shipped nor refunded anything).

Symbiotic has, through his actions, made sure his name is mud around here - but, in comparison to the who's who of douchenozzles who inhabit that particular list, his infractions are relatively minor. Adding him to the HoS isn't going to change a thing apart from diluting the purpose of the Hall of Shame.

People seem to be treating the HoS like it's their own personal do-not-buy-from list - "oh, a seller didn't package my books correctly, put him in the HoS!". That was never it's purpose.