• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ok guys, just 24 hours to vote on this irrelevant poll that means nothing what so ever.

Crack?

I thought for a second there you were going to give us a poll about Rob Ford.

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

Ok. What is everything he has done to deserve a potential ban? I am more concerned with the integrity of the HOS than supporting this guy.

It would be easier to list what he hasn't done. :baiting:

lol

You might be right. I won't pretend to know all his infractions but what is the worst offense?

For me, it was lying about his fathers death, to get out of shipping books. I know this doesn't put him on the HoS but, there's plenty else that will. This is the hardest for me to get past, though.

Mike - that was solarcadet, not Symbiotic.

I am surprised anyone on the boards supports having this guy stay a seller on here. Apparently as long as Symbi keeps offering good books, he can shill and manipulate all he wants. Personally I stopped buying from him (before all of the bad stuff came out) when he made a comment to me about making sure I make the Pay Pal personal or pay the fees in the future even though it was not in the sales thread anywhere.

You're missing the point.

The HoS is reserved for the worst of the worst - the professional scammers, scumbags, liars & cheats. Some dude shilling his eBay auctions just doesn't compare to Alleybat (who started threatening peoples' families) or ComicSupply (who took a ton of peoples' money & never shipped nor refunded anything).

Symbiotic has, through his actions, made sure his name is mud around here - but, in comparison to the who's who of douchenozzles who inhabit that particular list, his infractions are relatively minor. Adding him to the HoS isn't going to change a thing apart from diluting the purpose of the Hall of Shame.

People seem to be treating the HoS like it's their own personal do-not-buy-from list - "oh, a seller didn't package my books correctly, put him in the HoS!". That was never it's purpose.

No, I do understand that. You make a very good and valid point. That is why I said I did not vote. I was simply saying that HOS aside, I think he is not good for the boards. I remember he was one of the first sellers I bought from and when he told me I needed to send things personal in the future I thought I violated some unwritten board rule. I felt like a tool until I typed a senior boardie for advice and they advised that not only was that not an unwritten rule, there is a rule that a seller is not supposed to ask for that.

The HoS is reserved for the worst of the worst - the professional scammers, scumbags, liars & cheats. Some dude shilling his eBay auctions just doesn't compare to Alleybat (who started threatening peoples' families) or ComicSupply (who took a ton of peoples' money & never shipped nor refunded anything).

Symbiotic has, through his actions, made sure his name is mud around here - but, in comparison to the who's who of douchenozzles who inhabit that particular list, his infractions are relatively minor. Adding him to the HoS isn't going to change a thing apart from diluting the purpose of the Hall of Shame.

People seem to be treating the HoS like it's their own personal do-not-buy-from list - "oh, a seller didn't package my books correctly, put him in the HoS!". That was never it's purpose.

How has symbiotic made his name mud around here? Some members had no idea about his past from only 5 months ago or that he continues to shill his auctions.

I just paid him for a lot of IMAGE comics ???

I hope I'm not getting screwed over He gave me a good deal doh!

He seemed like an honest seller

How has symbiotic made his name mud around here? Some members had no idea about his past from only 5 months ago or that he continues to shill his auctions.

Don't start being silly. His name is mud with the majority. Leave the silliness for my posts please. :)

Ok. What is everything he has done to deserve a potential ban? I am more concerned with the integrity of the HOS than supporting this guy.

It would be easier to list what he hasn't done. :baiting:

lol

You might be right. I won't pretend to know all his infractions but what is the worst offense?

For me, it was lying about his fathers death, to get out of shipping books. I know this doesn't put him on the HoS but, there's plenty else that will. This is the hardest for me to get past, though.

Mike - that was solarcadet, not Symbiotic.

Ok then. I thought maybe we had 2 of them.

I'm going to ask this one time.

Why did you nominate Symbiotic for HOS?

Remember, only an offended party can nominate for Pl or HOS.

I voted no. In fact, I think this polling process in general is silly.

Honest question because I have a short history here. Has an unpopular board member ever been nominated and NOT voted in?

Is this just a poll determining how well liked someone is as opposed to how egregious their behavior is? We clearly have a prosecutor in this case, but where is his public defender or at least his own defense before the poll even begins?

The process is throw out some accusations, nominate someone and then let voting begin before someone has a chance to defend themselves? Before Jimmy or Branget jumped in, how many Yes votes had already been cast? This reeks of railroading.

Unfair system in general and an unwarranted nomination in my humble opinion.

Jimmy, you're mixing them up.

A Probation List nomination can only be made by the offended party and isn't subject to a poll.

A HOS nomination is conducted with a write-up of the reasoning behind the nomination and a poll. This can be done by anyone.

+1

Jimmy, you're mixing them up.

A Probation List nomination can only be made by the offended party and isn't subject to a poll.

A HOS nomination is conducted with a write-up of the reasoning behind the nomination and a poll. This can be done by anyone.

But when the PL nomination isn't completed. Because it wasn't - You can't just jump to a HOS nomination. Especially if you're not involved. I love the idea of self-policeing - but this is not the time.

Hi, still a bit of a newbie here so I am not sure if I am asking in the right place. I agreed to take a book on a sellers post which is still open as of me writing this. We exchanged PM messages because the seller stated they were open to offers. The seller stated they already had an offer at the price I gave and thought the book might be priced too low and they were thinking about keeping it. I took that as a typical bartering method and said ok I'll take it for the price you are asking in the post. I then placed an I'll take it in the post. I have had no response and low and behold the seller has listed it on Ebay with the listing on here still open. What is the policy on this? Another situation is I again have placed an I'll take it on a sellers post. I have PM and bumped the post asking about sending payment. No response and other members have stated they have no response also. Hopefully nothing serious has happened, but how long should I wait?

Hi, still a bit of a newbie here so I am not sure if I am asking in the right place. I agreed to take a book on a sellers post which is still open as of me writing this. We exchanged PM messages because the seller stated they were open to offers. The seller stated they already had an offer at the price I gave and thought the book might be priced too low and they were thinking about keeping it. I took that as a typical bartering method and said ok I'll take it for the price you are asking in the post. I then placed an I'll take it in the post. I have had no response and low and behold the seller has listed it on Ebay with the listing on here still open. What is the policy on this? Another situation is I again have placed an I'll take it on a sellers post. I have PM and bumped the post asking about sending payment. No response and other members have stated they have no response also. Hopefully nothing serious has happened, but how long should I wait?

If I read this correctly there are two different sellers here. For the first you should provide links to the thread and to the Ebay listing. Has the seller closed the thread? For the second how many days has it been since the seller's last active post or PM to you?