• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Anyone have dealings with this newbie Kcurren? He agrees to buy something from me, I invoice him through Paypal then he goes silent for 3 days only to tell me that he is backing out. What follows is more excuses then he decides he is going to send me a deposit while he thinks about it. He has listed some of his stuff for sale in the OA market place and posts his email address. The Paypal address he gave me was a completely different email address and with an unconfirmed shipping address.

Could be nothing but apparently he doesn't have a clue on how to conduct himself as he has been placing low ball offers in other people's sales threads and generally wasting people's time, editing posts after the fact, etc. Red flags everywhere with this guy.

I agree with you on the red flags. I'd tread lightly around that one.

Ok an update on this tool and a request that he be placed on the HOS list. After balking on our deal I listed the piece on EBay. I thought I had a reserve programmed on it but when a bid was placed it disappeared and sold for $300 less than the originally agreed upon price with this Kcurren fool [my fault here, I'll have to eat the mistake]. To my chagrin the winning EBay bidder was none other that this Kcurren guy! :pullhair: So I wait a couple days as I contemplate either; a) not shipping the page at all b) getting my daughter to draw a stick man on a piece of paper so I could mail that to him instead or c) drawing a big dong on the page and then shipping it. I was hoping to hear from Kcurren who would at least acknowledge what had happen and would maybe make good on the difference but that never happened, big surprise.

So after cooling down a bit I decided to ship the page and honor the transaction but this dirt bag must be banned from these boards forever as far as I'm concerned. How do I make sure that this happens? :frustrated:

What became of the deposit?

He reneged on a purchase, then you flubbed an ebay listing and he was the benefactor of your error.

I can see you wanting to nominate him to the PL because of his reneging on the initial deal, but how does it rise to a HOS offense?

Agreed. Pl all day for non payment. The fact that he was the winning bidder on the eBay sale is not nefarious, he could have easily been outbid or the deal may have gone in your favor (had the total been higher) I would say that the restitution he should provide should be the value of your deal on the boards Plus the cost of the ebay fees minus what the winning eBay bid was.

He reneged on a purchase, then you flubbed an ebay listing and he was the benefactor of your error.

I can see you wanting to nominate him to the PL because of his reneging on the initial deal, but how does it rise to a HOS offense?

This all happened within 3 days not a month or two later. See my previous posts about this guy as he initially provided me with a different shipping address, name and email when he agreed to buy the piece but at the same time he was trying to sell stuff here using a different set of contact details. Check out his brief 4 post history and see. I'm having a little trouble understanding why you would not want to nominate this guy? Shifty from the get go.

Silver Surfer: Question. Has he paid you for the eBay win yet?

Paid, shipped and received. He even left me positive feedback today. Trust me when when I say that I was this close to sending a used napkin in the mail but I didn't want to deal with getting a neg, Paypal claim, etc. He can still make good on this otherwise I will make it my personal mission to make sure everyone knows what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed he is.

Did you at least down a six pack of extra spicy Taco Bell Crunch Wraps and fart directly into the shipping box before you sealed it up? :wishluck:

Agreed. Pl all day for non payment. The fact that he was the winning bidder on the eBay sale is not nefarious, he could have easily been outbid or the deal may have gone in your favor (had the total been higher) I would say that the restitution he should provide should be the value of your deal on the boards Plus the cost of the ebay fees minus what the winning eBay bid was.

I agree but this never happened and I seriously doubt it will as he has gone underground since this whole think went down. That's why I say put him on the list and if he makes good then we can look at taking him off. We are talking about a noob poster who will almost certainly be back under another ID down the road.

Anyone have dealings with this newbie Kcurren? He agrees to buy something from me, I invoice him through Paypal then he goes silent for 3 days only to tell me that he is backing out. What follows is more excuses then he decides he is going to send me a deposit while he thinks about it. He has listed some of his stuff for sale in the OA market place and posts his email address. The Paypal address he gave me was a completely different email address and with an unconfirmed shipping address.

Could be nothing but apparently he doesn't have a clue on how to conduct himself as he has been placing low ball offers in other people's sales threads and generally wasting people's time, editing posts after the fact, etc. Red flags everywhere with this guy.

I agree with you on the red flags. I'd tread lightly around that one.

Ok an update on this tool and a request that he be placed on the HOS list. After balking on our deal I listed the piece on EBay. I thought I had a reserve programmed on it but when a bid was placed it disappeared and sold for $300 less than the originally agreed upon price with this Kcurren fool [my fault here, I'll have to eat the mistake]. To my chagrin the winning EBay bidder was none other that this Kcurren guy! :pullhair: So I wait a couple days as I contemplate either; a) not shipping the page at all b) getting my daughter to draw a stick man on a piece of paper so I could mail that to him instead or c) drawing a big dong on the page and then shipping it. I was hoping to hear from Kcurren who would at least acknowledge what had happen and would maybe make good on the difference but that never happened, big surprise.

So after cooling down a bit I decided to ship the page and honor the transaction but this dirt bag must be banned from these boards forever as far as I'm concerned. How do I make sure that this happens? :frustrated:

There was no deposit? He agreed to buy it then 2 days later backed out. I listed it on EBay right away on a 4 day listing and then he scooped it.

I agree but this never happened and I seriously doubt it will as he has gone underground since this whole think went down. That's why I say put him on the list and if he makes good then we can look at taking him off. We are talking about a noob poster who will almost certainly be back under another ID down the road.

Yup that is part of the reason not to go the HoS route, he obviously isn't a part of the boards so if he resolves then he can come off the list and if he doesn't, then what is the point of being on the HoS. Just my 2c

Yup that is part of the reason not to go the HoS route, he obviously isn't a part of the boards so if he resolves then he can come off the list and if he doesn't, then what is the point of being on the HoS. Just my 2c

I agree about this being a PL process, and I agree Jaybuck that the restitution should be as you have outlined. The Ebay was a case of a punk getting lucky, it is I appreciate salt in the wound, but the original offense is strictly PL.

PL is better also in this case because an HoS nomination is a vote, and that is an uncertain result, whereas PL is controlled completely by the Surfer.

Ship it and eat it. We complain all day about buyers, but in the end the guy did everything he was supposed to on the ebay auction. It wasn't his fault he got a good deal even though I feel your pain. It has happened to me a time or two over the years.

Wasn't it the same guy that backed out of the deal?

What follows is more excuses then he decides he is going to send me a deposit while he thinks about it.

There was no deposit? He agreed to buy it then 2 days later backed out. I listed it on EBay right away on a 4 day listing and then he scooped it.

Ah, ok, i was assuming he had actually sent the deposit :sorry:

Edited by Green

Recently Oceanavekid decided to leave the boards for awhile when we started a probation discussion. That raises a red flag for me.

A runs away instead of trying to make amends.

The 72 Hour period is up, right? Oceanavekid needs to be added to the PL right?

Jay... :baiting:

Guess whose "break" is over meh

Ship it and eat it. We complain all day about buyers, but in the end the guy did everything he was supposed to on the ebay auction. It wasn't his fault he got a good deal even though I feel your pain. It has happened to me a time or two over the years.

+1