• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The only member I would not currently defend if nominated for the HOS.

That is a strong statement. If you are talking about Mkkiller, how do you evaluate him? What I have seen so far suggests comedy relief rather than serious transgressions, but I admit I have not followed his activities closely.

I pride myself on being able to imagine how someone can have things go bad on here without intending to do it. I would defend/help anyone who has the best of intentions but lack the skill set to keep things going smoothly.

In this case I see a liar and a cheat. Someone who is always looking to take advantage of the situation. Someone I could never turn my back to. In my mind these are the type of people who belong in the HOS.

That is a strong statement. If you are talking about Mkkiller, how do you evaluate him? What I have seen so far suggests comedy relief rather than serious transgressions, but I admit I have not followed his activities closely.

I pride myself on being able to imagine how someone can have things go bad on here without intending to do it. I would defend/help anyone who has the best of intentions but lack the skill set to keep things going smoothly.

In this case I see a liar and a cheat. Someone who is always looking to take advantage of the situation. Someone I could never turn my back to. In my mind these are the type of people who belong in the HOS.

Do you see a difference, then, between Mkkiller and Symbiotic? I could not make up my mind about Symbiotic, at least within the period of time that it was under discussion, but what is it about Mkkiller that is clearer in your mind vis a vis their behaviour?

Do you see a difference, then, between Mkkiller and Symbiotic? I could not make up my mind about Symbiotic, at least within the period of time that it was under discussion, but what is it about Mkkiller that is clearer in your mind vis a vis their behaviour?

There are many personal examples for MKK but one for example would be asking me for a favour, I request money for postage to return his book and he claims to be broke while soliciting other boardies for paid "favours" for almost a year.

Symbiotic to me seemed genuinely disorganized UNLESS he is still shilling his auctions after being made aware it is not ethical behaviour. I get disorganized occasionally so I can understand someone getting tripped up. He does seem to communicate his errors which is high on my personal forgiveness list. Even if someone is constantly making mistakes I can forgive if they communicate.

Recently Oceanavekid decided to leave the boards for awhile when we started a probation discussion. That raises a red flag for me.

Recently Oceanavekid decided to leave the boards for awhile when we started a probation discussion. That raises a red flag for me.

A runs away instead of trying to make amends.

Symbiotic to me seemed genuinely disorganized UNLESS he is still shilling his auctions after being made aware it is not ethical behaviour.

Except he isn't genuinely disorganized. He is a liar and a cheat and has demonstrated a pattern displaying characteristics found in such an individual. Repeatedly.

He was shilling his auctions again as recently as a few days ago. See here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7649767

After he was caught (again!) he cancelled the listings and changed his eBay user id.

He does seem to communicate his errors which is high on my personal forgiveness list.

It is all an act. He fesses up after already being caught. You seem to be giving him a break simply because he isn't outright hostile with other members of the forum.

There are many personal examples for MKK but one for example would be asking me for a favour, I request money for postage to return his book and he claims to be broke while soliciting other boardies for paid "favours" for almost a year.

Symbiotic to me seemed genuinely disorganized UNLESS he is still shilling his auctions after being made aware it is not ethical behaviour. I get disorganized occasionally so I can understand someone getting tripped up. He does seem to communicate his errors which is high on my personal forgiveness list. Even if someone is constantly making mistakes I can forgive if they communicate.

i've got a quick trigger finger. i just put them on ignore and forget they exist.

Symbiotic to me seemed genuinely disorganized UNLESS he is still shilling his auctions after being made aware it is not ethical behaviour.

Except he isn't genuinely disorganized. He is a liar and a cheat and has demonstrated a pattern displaying characteristics found in such an individual. Repeatedly.

He was shilling his auctions again as recently as a few days ago. See here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7649767

After he was caught (again!) he cancelled the listings and changed his eBay user id.

He does seem to communicate his errors which is high on my personal forgiveness list.

It is all an act. He fesses up after already being caught. You seem to be giving him a break simply because he isn't outright hostile with other members of the forum.

Thanks for the link, fun read. I especially enjoyed how most of the posters ignored the careening trainwreck in the thread and continued to talk about all the variant covers. Also interesting was how symbiotic stated he would take a step back and then continued to post repeatedly in the thread.

From the links in that thread it is clear that symbiotic is still shilling auctions despite repeatedly promising not to do so, and it's crystal clear that he's hide that from us - not the behaviour of a trustworthy person.

I was thinking of Menace when I was writing my post. Not sure why I mentioned Symbiotic. I don't believe I have ever dealt with him.

The 72 Hour period is up, right? Oceanavekid needs to be added to the PL right?

Jay... :baiting:

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

Yup. The call of "add him to the HOS list" seems quite strong these days. Maybe too strong.

I agree, I think we are losing the original point of the HOS list. It was for serious actions, most of which constituted acts which were akin to stealing.

AlleyBat attempted to steal $5k in a Batman 1 scam

Comic Supply took money for numerous orders and never sent the items

Heral2galactus had multiple transactions where he received items/money and never reciprocated.

lol where does jokerfish and the crusade you led against him fit into that?

He failed to complete multiple deals while continuing to buy things on the boards. When he was confronted, he claimed he had given out his ID to relatives and he was not doing the buying (so he was allowing shills to use his id). I really don't remember the rest. I highly doubt I was the only one saying anything because I DO remember, I waited over a year before saying anything about the deal he failed to complete with me, so someone else must have brought it up. However, If you are still upset about him, you can look it up yourself.

and lol...

Everyone should just drop it, Thing is not a part of the comic community. Its obvious he has very little respect for our rules and members. I for one will avoid any type of exchange with him be it monetary or verbal.

The sooner the subject is dropped the sooner he will go back to the WC.

On another front, has anyone been able to make contact with joker-fish? I also bought from him (and have already paid) and cannot make contact. :(

Dont remember the rest? i remember it pretty well.

RE: his brother using his account: He was added to probation until it was straightened out and he was removed from probation (this was approx 2 years before you called him for a vote into the HOS

RE: Your failed "transaction" : There was no ill take it. There was no time frame for payment. It was being "held" for him on the premise of If/when he got the money he wanted to buy it. The specifics are cloudy at best since a year later when you wanted to string him up for it, neither party could produce the PMs iirc. Again, this was a year before you called him to vote for the HOS.

RE: What prompted your call for HOS: It was the post i made, that you quoted above. **edit: It was not my post, but a similar one by a different member about the same thread** He was slow to ship some items due to some personal matters or something about work. You were not involved. The only people i remember buying from that thread were me and Lebowski. We had no plans at that time to add him to any list but you brought up his previous missteps,your "transaction" with him, used his slowness to ship to us as a foothold and lobbied him for HOS. Might i add that this was before we could even make contact with him (the whole matter took less than 48hrs) leaving us with basically no recourse had he not shipped our books. Which he did. Even after he was voted in to the HOS.

I agree, I think we are losing the original point of the HOS list. It was for serious actions, most of which constituted acts which were akin to stealing.

Heral2galactus had multiple transactions where he received items/money and never reciprocated.

I point all this out because it was his addition to the list that i thought the exact same thing as what i bolded above.

I'm not sure what you remember, but I looked it up yesterday to refresh my memory. Andre had a problem with him and he was the one who called for the HOS, not me.

First of all, he posted a WTB thread for the book, I answered, He DID say he'd take it. The lack of a specific date was me bending over backwards trying to be nice to him. In the beginning there was no mention of selling a car, that was much later. He repeatedly said the same thing, that he still wanted the book. I had other people who wanted the book, but I held it for Jokerfish as I felt I had made a promise and since he kept saying he WANTED it and did not want to back out, I was concerned that I would be at fault if I didn't hold it for him, since I had not set a date.

Everything between Jokerfish and myself was through PM, so unless you are him, I'm not sure how you "know" these things?

What upset me was the fact he was buying other books on the boards while telling me that he was going to pay for the one he said he wanted from me.

Then he claimed that someone else was using his ID.

As I said, I asked him repeatedly if he wanted out of the deal, and he said no...so after a while, I felt I was done being stuck holding it and I sold it, for less than we had agreed on.

Did I think he belonged in the HOS, yes I did...he had multiple problems, including apparently...one with you.

I don't exactly see how I was at fault here. There was a vote. You had plenty of time to state any case you wanted then. You could have even ASKED me my side at the time by PM. I guess my side didn't count with you.

None of it made any sense to me at the time (his actions) ...they still don't. There was that whole air conditioning thing, I do remember that. I was not involved in that part.

If you are so upset about him and you want him back as a member in good standing, propose that he be let back. I won't post a thing or vote.

It has been 72hrs, this is the nomination:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7658964#Post7658964

The list is already losing its integrity. Some of us are simply trying to stop the erosion. At the end of the day it seems the need for vengeance is winning out. I would guess it is noob voting but with the anonymous system who knows.

Yup. The call of "add him to the HOS list" seems quite strong these days. Maybe too strong.

He failed to complete multiple deals while continuing to buy things on the boards. When he was confronted, he claimed he had given out his ID to relatives and he was not doing the buying (so he was allowing shills to use his id). I really don't remember the rest. I highly doubt I was the only one saying anything because I DO remember, I waited over a year before saying anything about the deal he failed to complete with me, so someone else must have brought it up. However, If you are still upset about him, you can look it up yourself.

and lol...

Everyone should just drop it, Thing is not a part of the comic community. Its obvious he has very little respect for our rules and members. I for one will avoid any type of exchange with him be it monetary or verbal.

On another front, has anyone been able to make contact with joker-fish? I also bought from him (and have already paid) and cannot make contact. :(

RE: his brother using his account: He was added to probation until it was straightened out and he was removed from probation (this was approx 2 years before you called him for a vote into the HOS

RE: Your failed "transaction" : There was no ill take it. There was no time frame for payment. It was being "held" for him on the premise of If/when he got the money he wanted to buy it. The specifics are cloudy at best since a year later when you wanted to string him up for it, neither party could produce the PMs iirc. Again, this was a year before you called him to vote for the HOS.

RE: What prompted your call for HOS: It was the post i made, that you quoted above. **edit: It was not my post, but a similar one by a different member about the same thread** He was slow to ship some items due to some personal matters or something about work. You were not involved. The only people i remember buying from that thread were me and Lebowski. We had no plans at that time to add him to any list but you brought up his previous missteps,your "transaction" with him, used his slowness to ship to us as a foothold and lobbied him for HOS. Might i add that this was before we could even make contact with him (the whole matter took less than 48hrs) leaving us with basically no recourse had he not shipped our books. Which he did. Even after he was voted in to the HOS.

I point all this out because it was his addition to the list that i thought the exact same thing as what i bolded above.

I don't exactly see how I was at fault here. There was a vote. You had plenty of time to state any case you wanted then. You could have even ASKED me my side at the time by PM. I guess my side didn't count with you.

I think you and i have cleared everything up via pm, but in fairness, i did pm with you at the time.

and lol...

I think you and i have cleared everything up via pm, but in fairness, i did pm with you at the time.

Wonderful, I hate to see upstanding boardies flinging coloured text ....

Edited by thehumantorch

It has been 72hrs, this is the nomination:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreadjavascript: void(0);s.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7658964#Post7658964

Another nomination based on a poor reaction by someone who has been nominated.

:(

When he said he was leaving the boards did he say he was leaving or PROBABLY leaving? If it's the latter then clearly he's bluffing.

:popcorn:

hm - history & nominator's last comment on this nomination

Jawn,

Sure, add it to this.

Also please clarify how (considering the outcome) your "take that he was pushing for an extra $10" is closer to the truth than a "seller" telling you he planned to hold onto something twice. In most negotiations people don't know when the other party will buy, walk away, etc.... presuming that a soft "no" was a negotiation tactic may have been an error on your part - he did not want $10 more than you offered via PM.

2c

I wish to nominate oceanavekid to the probation thread/list I don't know who has access to PM messages but I have no problem copying or opening them up for full disclosure. My take on this is he was pushing for the extra $10 on the book, after my offer of $100. I thought that was fair based on his asking price. After looking at some past sales and some other threads I fell asleep. When I woke up I was like f it what's $10 this is something on my list of wants and if it's not a newsstand copy it's still a pretty good deal. I did edit my I'll take it post after the fact to include the shipping included part. If a seller doesn't want to sell something virtually or real world they can say it's not for sale any longer. Not I think this or may that.

You should close the thread then, or at least take down the post for that one book.

According to the rules, jawn bought this book at the price advertised. Are you going back on the offer?

:popcorn:

-slym

You're 100% right I should have taken the book down right when I told him I wanted to keep it, thats my bad

If I get a strike i'd completely understand

Heres what I told him

2u8xmrk.jpg

14sh9bk.jpg

nxvw2s.jpg

23wso3o.jpg

Told him twice I was just going to hold on to it, so it shouldn't be a big surprise

Right after I said I was going to hold on to it he said he'd take it

I should have said not for sale and closed the thread

------

Because the seller doesn't say that. I "think" and "probably". This is common in any board negotiation I've had.

The outcome doesn't indicate he was pushing for an "extra $10"

(shrug)

That's true, but how am I supposed to guess that? We did a little back and forth. He said he might hold onto it to take pictures, but an hour later the thread is still open so I make a solid offer. Thread still open, he thinks it might be too low, thinks he is going to hold onto it. Hours later thread still open I reply in PM and on the public thread that I will take it for the full price he was asking. If he wanted to keep it why keep the thread open? Maybe it was an oversight I don't know and really don't care at this point. He's not selling me the book. I need to work on some trades, and be happy with the one thing that worked out this week my freshly opened Doom Patrol #99.