• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

yeesh... Might be worth PMing the other buyers to see how their boxes compare.

Mystery boxes that are value dependent on high grade raws are a risky play... but it would be good to hear how the OP calculated his "$60-70 market value" that was cited.

Well, if the seller refuses to communicate and places the buyer on ignore without a resolution, what does that imply?

That he's annoyed? (shrug)

Well, if the seller refuses to communicate and places the buyer on ignore without a resolution, what does that imply?

With someone calling him out?

I'll consider that.

I know of at least one, besides me, that isn't happy.

I would expect some to not be happy unless they hit the jackpot. It's reasonable to ask a seller for his breakdown.

That being said didn't you get 26 comics with a $2.99 cover price? That's over $75.

I'll consider that.

I would expect some to not be happy unless they hit the jackpot. It's reasonable to ask a seller for his breakdown.

That being said didn't you get 26 comics with a $2.99 cover price? That's over $75.

Jeff, you've been collecting long enough that any DREK with a $2.99 cover price, isn't worth that.

With someone calling him out?

Or harassing him? I don't know the details or length of the PM that led to him ignoring you. Simply putting you on ignore can say a few things.

I'll consider that.

Jeff, you've been collecting long enough that any DREK with a $2.99 cover price, isn't worth that.

I've been in the hobby long enough to know that the oldest price guide doesn't value any comic below cover.

I'll consider that.

I've been in the hobby long enough to know that the oldest price guide doesn't value any comic below cover.

However, then the seller shouldn't of quoted e-bay prices.

I have been burned on mystery boxes twice so far. When I first joined, I was a sucker and even listened to the pm telling me not to tell others what I got so that if I got the good stuff they would still pay for their box. Since that seller has since left the boards and are now on one of the lists I assume no one got the good stuff. I know I didnt. Guaranteed 100 dollar box was half that on the high end.

I'm sorry you were disappointed...I saw the listing and since I know nothing about moderns, I figured they all looked like the books I give away when I sell something.

I love mystery boxes in the Christmas raffles and when we have a charity thread, because people like Greggy, Shin and others really go out of their way to give people a nice gift...but it CAN be an easy way to get rid of junk.

If someone is an eBay seller and they are not selling the items individually or in a small group on eBay...there is probably a reason.

I really don't want to upset you, but I just can't figure out why people take chances on these mystery boxes.

I think it's becoming a real problem here.

Perhaps we need to ask Arch to add them to the list of things you can't do.

After all, if you have a lot of comics, what's the big deal about putting them them on the floor, DESCRIBING them and setting a price?

I've always thought it's because the seller can make more money by enticing people into thinking they'll get a special secret bargain.

I don't kow most of the books on the list but Xfactor 5 is not $2 even in VF according to eBay completed listings.

I was just about to type something very similar.

I just wanted someone's opinion on the matter, which is why the discussion forum is here.

However, me requesting a refund, and and his placing me on ignore clearly shows no resolution in sight. Am I wrong?

This was discussed a few weeks back but people still jump at them. What's worse when people jump at them with a seller they don't have any experience with. doh!

I like the idea of them for TPB's, HC's, etc. Condition generally isn't that big of a concern and it's hoping to get some good reads that you otherwise might not have bought. (thumbs u