• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Who ever gave that phone number to help you clear your name certainly is a stand up guy.

Indeed he is and many thanks to him but, still no reply. Can somebody make the definitive call on what I should do here? Thanks

If you sent a pm that was already read, and tried to call and text, I honestly think you have done all that you can.

Who ever gave that phone number to help you clear your name certainly is a stand up guy.

Indeed he is and many thanks to him but, still no reply. Can somebody make the definitive call on what I should do here? Thanks

If you sent a pm that was already read, and tried to call and text, I honestly think you have done all that you can.

2zo9enp.gif

I'd just donate $20 to charity. If rayjay ever comes back demanding restitution - it twenty bucks. Just pay him back.

2zo9enp.gif

I'd just donate $20 to charity. If rayjay ever comes back demanding restitution - it twenty bucks. Just pay him back.

You should start a "jar thread" for scenarios like this :idea:

Have the accused send you a check since he can't get ahold of the accuser... and you put it in the "Probation Payback Jar" to hold for the person its owed.

Take and post a picture of it and everything... as long as you stay alive Justin... it should work hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

2zo9enp.gif

You should start a "jar thread" for scenarios like this :idea:

Have to accused send you a check since he can't get ahold of the accuser... and you put it in the "Probation Payback Jar" to hold for the person its owed.

Take and post a picture of it and everything... as long as you stay alive Justin... it should work hm

xxx ooo

Rupp

I like this idea. I think the charity idea is good too for small sums, but if there is ever a situation like this involving large amounts, a Boards bank would solve the problem nicely.

And who knows, maybe in time a PPJ, or a Boards' Bank could lend money to developing nations, so that they could buy our comics too. hm

lol

"Probation Payback Jar"

You're nominating me as Treasurer now!? I thought I was already the Secretary! :grin:

I'd do it if people were ok with it. :angel:

I am ok with this! It's actually a good idea. If this turns into an actual thing let me know. if not, I'll just donate to charity and report back. Thank You to all. - Joel

That's the problem - buyer is completely unresponsive.

• PM read. No response.
  • Text message sent. No response.
  • Not sure if email sent with no response.
  • Buyer discussed selling collection/quitting collecting.

What if the Paypal address he previously used is closed? Or he decides to come back a year from now and says he never received a refund?

(shrug)

I'll pose this question for a possible answer.

A member bought a book of mine over two months ago. He sent payment without including shipping. He lives in Canada which I wasn't aware of until after receiving payment and also which I clearly explained in the thread would be at cost.

I PM'd him and he never responded. I sent an email to his paypal address which was bounced back as being invalid.

I have his book packaged in my office and would even eat the shipping but he hasn't responded and I can't contact him, so I don't want the risk of it going to Canada and disappearing.

I'm past the refund time so I was going to just send him a payment for the money, but again he hasn't been on the boards since and doesn't have a working email attached to his paypal.

Do I hold the book indefinitely? Do I send payment to him for the same amount and assume he gets it? If I sell the book will there be an issue if he eventually returns to the boards and says I never completed the transaction?

Thoughts?

Just mail the book to me to keep in the:

"Probation Payback Jar"

Then if he ever comes along, he can pay me to ship it to him. ;)

lol

In all seriousness though, Tibex is experiencing something similar. You don't want to risk sending money to a Paypal address that you haven't confirmed is even valid and then have the buyer show up one day out of the blue saying "where is my book or money? (shrug) "

A member bought a book of mine over two months ago. He sent payment without including shipping. He lives in Canada which I wasn't aware of until after receiving payment and also which I clearly explained in the thread would be at cost.

I PM'd him and he never responded. I sent an email to his paypal address which was bounced back as being invalid.

I have his book packaged in my office and would even eat the shipping but he hasn't responded and I can't contact him, so I don't want the risk of it going to Canada and disappearing.

I'm past the refund time so I was going to just send him a payment for the money, but again he hasn't been on the boards since and doesn't have a working email attached to his paypal.

Do I hold the book indefinitely? Do I send payment to him for the same amount and assume he gets it? If I sell the book will there be an issue if he eventually returns to the boards and says I never completed the transaction?

Thoughts?

He hast completed payment (shipping), so if its been 30 days you should be able to void the sale due to nonpayment, and sell the book elsewhere.

Keep trying to refund him, but there's only so much you can do...

I agree. Not to mention that your reputation is good enough that no one would think you tried to scam anyone.

Thoughts?

. I would say the book is yours to do with as you please. A reasonable time has passed for him to perform and he hasnt. the sale is void. If you can't contact him, you can't refund. If he does resurface, a refund would be in order. Has the concept of establishing a "court" been floated on the boards? Not that anyone wants to take on the responsibility of being the arbiter of transactions, but in cases like this where OP is concerned about board fallout if he sells the book and the buyer later resurfaces, it might be beneficial to get some determination ahead of time from the boards that his actions will not run result in a HOS or PL mess.

So I bought TWO mystery boxes from said seller. Got the books today, and well, they're nowhere near keepers. I understand that you, as the buyer, takes the risk when buying.

But that responsibility does the seller need to adhere to make that the books shipped are worth what he/she is claiming?

So I bought TWO mystery boxes from said seller. Got the books today, and well, they're nowhere near keepers. I understand that you, as the buyer, takes the risk when buying.

But that responsibility does the seller need to adhere to make that the books shipped are worth what he/she is claiming?

were they worth the stated amount ($60-70)? How many books were in each box?

were they worth the stated amount ($60-70)? How many books were in each box?

Here's the list:

Scott Pilgrim - FCBD Sticker on book (Junk)

Powers 1 six spine ticks (9.2) $1

Mike Danger 1 - ?? Who? $1

Aliens Labyrinth 2 $1 BIN

Superior 1 8 spine tics $1 BIN

X-Factor 5 at best an 8.0 $2 BIN

Grimm Fairy Tales Angel Annual (junk)

Manifest Destiny 4 $2.99 Cover at best

Iron Man 166 (junk)

Transformers 20 (junk)

Lady Mechanika 2 2nd print 16 spine ticks (junk)

Walking Dead 100 2nd print 8 severe spine ticks (junk)

Batman vs Predator # 3 (junk) REALLY

Manhattan Projects 4 and 5 cover at best

Manhattan Projects 8 six spine ticks - $1 BIN

Kill Joys 5 cover price at best

Thief of Thieve 3 2nd print $1 BIN

Nova 2 and 3 (junk)

Sex # 2 (junk)

East of West 1 2nd print $ BIN

FBP 1 ( I was really excited about this one until) Color break spine ticks $ 1 BIN

Dane 1 (WHAT TITLE IS THIS?) junk

Uncle Scrooge 219 (junk junk junk)

Letter 44 1 3 spine ticks $1 BIN

Sixth Gun 1 FCBD 4 major spine ticks (junk)

Thanos 1 four spine ticks $1 BIN

Total 26 books paid $75 for two boxes. Seller won't reason and placed me on ignore/block

Sorry for the improper grammar. I'm typing and sending it instead of reading it first.