• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I feel like there is information missing. What happened? Did you send him a cover in exchange for his and he didn't send it? Did you send him money and he not ship?

Look/scroll up and you will see his issue. Not sure if it's HOS worthy, but PL worthy if he has not made amends and his comment no good!

In short:

- We agreed to a deal via PM. He used his Kyle Curren board name as a ruse and provided me with an unconfirmed shipping address too. He has a different email and name [Trevor Putoff or something] that has a confirmed address so I'm guessing that Kyle is his BS name.

- Two days later he backs out of the deal so I list it on EBay with a low starting point and a reserve which for some reason doesn't stick once a bid was placed on it.

- He wins it at around $300 less than we had initially agreed upon.

- I wait a few days and there is zero communication or acknowledgement of what just went down.

- I decide to ship the OA page to him and honor the EBay transaction as I don't want the headache of dealing with a claim, negative feedback, etc. The reserve screw up is my problem.

- Now he gloats on these boards but confirming that he screwed me on the deal.

Bottom line is that he is a scammer.

In short:

- We agreed to a deal via PM. He used his Kyle Curren board name as a ruse and provided me with an unconfirmed shipping address too. He has a different email and name [Trevor Putoff or something] that has a confirmed address so I'm guessing that Kyle is his BS name.

- Two days later he backs out of the deal so I list it on EBay with a low starting point and a reserve which for some reason doesn't stick once a bid was placed on it.

- I wait a few days and there is zero communication or acknowledgement of what just went down.

- I decide to ship the OA page to him and honor the EBay transaction as I don't want the headache of dealing with a claim, negative feedback, etc. The reserve screw up is my problem.

He deserves to be on the PL for backing out of the PM deal :thumbsup:

In short:

My 2c is that you have a better case as PL than HoS. An HoS vote on this will probably be very divisive and not necessarily lead to the desired result. As a PL process its at least in principle more straightforward, there was a deal followed by a flake out, followed by the gaining of the item in bad faith at a loss to yourself of a precise $ value.

You could I think initiate a PL process based on a claim for the differential dollar amount lost as a result of the breaking of the first deal. You would in this case have to contact him anyway, since the PL rules mandate a PM notice to the offender with 72hrs to reply.

So you will have to PM him anyway, maybe you should warn him what you are considering and see if maybe he would prefer to make it right before it goes further.

In short:

He deserves to be on the PL for backing out of the PM deal :thumbsup:

+1 Also, I think a PM to him, directing him here is mandatory, Peter.

In short:

My 2c is that you have a better case as PL than HoS. An HoS vote on this will probably be very divisive and not necessarily lead to the desired result. As a PL process its at least in principle more straightforward, there was a deal followed by a flake out, followed by the gaining of the item in bad faith at a loss to yourself of a precise $ value.

You could I think initiate a PL process based on a claim for the differential dollar amount lost as a result of the breaking of the first deal. You would in this case have to contact him anyway, since the PL rules mandate a PM notice to the offender with 72hrs to reply.

So you will have to PM him anyway, maybe you should warn him what you are considering and see if maybe he would prefer to make it right before it goes further.

Yup agree 100% here. Plus the amount in dispute is easily calculable. How much the PM deal was for - Amount of the eBay auction + the costs of listing on eBay.

PM sent and I let him know that he has 72 hours to chime in or be put on the loser list so start the clock. Just for the record here was his latest post about the matter: "just because my partner and I share a paypal account is no reason for you to swear at me have a nice day".

Shared Paypal accounts and I guess a board ID too so I'm assuming that this is a lame attempt to pass the buck to his so called "partner". meh Will be more than happy to give the deals specifics if he even bothers to dispute what went down but I doubt he will.

+1

Sounds like the way he "makes you whole" is to honor the PM deal and pay you the remainder difference that he backed out on, that led to you listing it on eBay.

follow the Probation nomination process. PM him and point him to this thread and tell him he has (whatever amount of time it is) X days to respond to the allegations.

wow he fails to mention we had this looked at by Anthony Snyder who he says he bought it from I sent him the reply from Anthony which stated he says its an unused cover. Mike Burkey at romitaman says its a pencil prelim. What am I supposed to do. He swears at me constantly posts rude stuff on every thread of mine. I'm sorry it didn't work out but two experts said the item was not what you described it at. And you bet when I saw it on ebay for $400 I bid on it. This guy keeps calling me fake my name is Kyle Curren and my husbands name is Trevor Puthoff we use his paypal account. If you want my phone number you can PM me. you can talk to us. just let us be. Our ebay is TKfor you the t is for trevor the k for kyle. you are acting like this was some plot to make you list the piece on ebay and then I could get it cheaper. I am not a psychic I could not have known that was going to happen.

wow he fails to mention we had this looked at by Anthony Snyder who he says he bought it from I sent him the reply from Anthony which stated he says its an unused cover. Mike Burkey at romitaman says its a pencil prelim. What am I supposed to do. He swears at me constantly posts rude stuff on every thread of mine. I'm sorry it didn't work out but two experts said the item was not what you described it at. And you bet when I saw it on ebay for $400 I bid on it. This guy keeps calling me fake my name is Kyle Curren and my husbands name is Trevor Puthoff we use his paypal account. If you want my phone number you can PM me. you can talk to us. just let us be. Our ebay is TKfor you the t is for trevor the k for kyle. you are acting like this was some plot to make you list the piece on ebay and then I could get it cheaper. I am not a psychic I could not have known that was going to happen.

So you agreed to pay his price on the boards? Pay the man. Can't agree to buy a car and pick it up later and say hey I just noticed a scratch here only giving you 50% of what we agreed on.

9670w.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Well that's not exactly how it went down, nice to leave out all the details:

I said:

This is the note I got from Michael Lovitz [person I bought it from] and I quoted Michael word for word:

It was purchased from Anthony Snyder - it was advertised as the original cover (which Anthony assured me was accurate) - I assume Anthony (or the person from whom he acquired it) had it signed by Ron to confirm its authenticity since it was pencils only.

Then you said:

sent 110 through paypal to hold this for me im going to talk to Anthony today and jar his memory I think he looked at the wrong issue number any way im sure im going to want it either way you keep the 110 and the other 600 will be there tomorrow morning at the latest.

Followed by:

you put this on ebay I cant take this now you emailed at 10;30 I respond first thing in the morning and its on ebay that sucks refund my money from paypal please I don't want this now that everyone in the world has seen it on ebay ugh

Then you backed out of it again! [i only listed it because you walked from our deal :makepoint:].

I replied:

I will take it down if you complete the transaction. I wasn't about to cancel it when your still on the fence. Let me know today if you are going to send the balance of funds? And please let me know why I might be shipping to an unconfirmed Paypal address?

Then the last I heard from you was:

im done just refund my money I sent so I don't have to go through paypal to get it I really do wish you luck with piece on ebay.

Then you said:

sent 110 through paypal to hold this for me im going to talk to Anthony today and jar his memory I think he looked at the wrong issue number any way im sure im going to want it either way you keep the 110 and the other 600 will be there tomorrow morning at the latest.

Followed by:

you put this on ebay I cant take this now you emailed at 10;30 I respond first thing in the morning and its on ebay that sucks refund my money from paypal please I don't want this now that everyone in the world has seen it on ebay ugh

Wait did you guys agree to a price, him send you 110 (deposit) and you list it on ebay the next day?

Surfer, how long passed between him sending you the $110 and you listing the piece for sale on eBay? Also what happened to the $110?

He paid after the deposit after I listed it on EBay. Then he requested that the $110 be returned almost immediately, which I did. Appreciate your input but I wouldn't be wasting my time listing it on EBay if he didn't back out of it the first time. I actually took it off EBay as I thought he was serious about proceeding only to have to relist it again when he said he was done.