• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It's a lottery if you have some grail that may be "won" by some lucky buyer. Just like a lottery you can't return a ticket because you didn't win.

I'll leave it as a lesson learned not to buy from him. Maybe others will read this and come forward with their experiences.

Well, thanks for your time and consideration. I'm glad we have this discussion section to iron out complaints or gripes we may have.

I'll leave it as a lesson learned not to buy from him. Maybe others will read this and come forward with their experiences.

Well, thanks for your time and consideration. I'm glad we have this discussion section to iron out complaints or gripes we may have.

Anytime and I think all complaints like this should be discussed for reference. I like to think that if I ever ran a mystery box sale (highly unlikely) that I would try to either make everyone a clear winner or list contents of all boxes and make it a "pick a number" type game.

It's a lottery if you have some grail that may be "won" by some lucky buyer. Just like a lottery you can't return a ticket because you didn't win.

^^

Then don't guarantee a value

It's great that you brought it up, hopefully someone else will not buy one of this seller's mystery boxes again. I know I wouldn't for sure. That IS why this thread is important.

I think it's pretty bad that he has you on ignore and has not answered you...and it's not a good sign of how well meaning he was.

I'm just not sure there is any recourse with a mystery box, because there is an implied gamble. I really wish there was something ...maybe someone else will come up with an idea.

I agree with the comment about the trade paperbacks. I know Shadroch does them sometimes and I've never once heard a complaint.

Ironically, Gems is having a mystery box charity sale as we speak :applause:lol

I could see having a charity mystery sale.

Some of the best donations we've had have been mystery boxes...but as I said, it's different.

Ironically, Gems is having a mystery box charity sale as we speak :applause:lol

I could see having a charity mystery sale.

Some of the best donations we've had have been mystery boxes...but as I said, it's different.

:baiting:

I'm just not sure there is any recourse with a mystery box, because there is an implied gamble.

Implied gamble of contents not value as the boxes according to board rules (ie no raffles as all boxes must be greater than cost).

Hi everybody. I am the seller of the mystery boxes in question. This entire ordeal with GODOFTHUNDER tonight has not been pleasant to say the least. I am happy to see some people at least not jumping on me without hearing my side of the story.

It seems the buyer picked some arbitrary numbers when coming up with their figures. $2 for an XFactor 5 in what the buyer himself described as a 9.2? SERIOUSLY?! Oh, and I now see that in your post here you changed your 9.2 assessment in your PM to me to now be an 8.0. Just one example of the drastic underestimating in value of your box.

I made it completely clear in my thread that the conditions are mixed. I MORE than accounted for any lower grades with many more books in the $5-10 range based on completed ebay sales and/or price guide values. Lastly, since when does 4 spine ticks make a key book completely worthless? (junk as you label it). I never claimed everything was near mint.

Now Godofthunder has made and escalated a paypal claim to a dispute without even considering that he could be incorrect in his value assessment. All this after the buyer tells me he's "not going to make a big deal out of it". I am honest in my selling practices. This experience makes me question whether to continue a presence on the forums.

I was out enjoying a Saturday night, so my apologies for the late reply. I'm interested to hear what other have to say. Please do join in. Here is the link to my thread for anyone interested: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=79&Number=7702692&Searchpage=2&Main=341126&Words=Rhymenoceros&topic=0&Search=true#Post7702692

Edited by Rhymenoceros