• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Can someone explain why ocean kid is on the PL. From reading it seemed he told the buyer twice he didn't want to sell the book.

Why is he on the list? I'm not being facetious I'm just wondering what I missed.(shrug)

He didn't tell the buyer he didn't want to sell. He hinted he may not want to sell. Some would say he was bartering. (thumbs u

This has been asked about 100 times before, but exactly what kind of backwards English do you speak?

But which one of these makes more sense?

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = Seller is holding onto the book

or

Think I'm just going to hold on to it Thanks tho = The book is still for sale

They forgot the "might" and the the 3rd scenario. I guess you never haggle. (shrug)

Can someone explain why ocean kid is on the PL. From reading it seemed he told the buyer twice he didn't want to sell the book.

Why is he on the list? I'm not being facetious I'm just wondering what I missed.(shrug)

He didn't tell the buyer he didn't want to sell. He hinted he may not want to sell. Some would say he was bartering. (thumbs u

Didn't the person nominating him post the PM exchange where he states I'm going to keep the book and the buyer just plowed forward?

The argument of those wishing for the seller to be on the PL is that the statement "I think I'm just going to keep it" is open to discussion/debate and what he was really doing is bartering.

Despite the fact that "think" is defined in this context as "believe", which means the seller stated I believe I'm just going to keep it. My guess is it's a regional thing. I hear people say "I think this" or "I think that" and know that's fact according to them. I don't take it as they want me to convince them otherwise. (shrug)

dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Hello,

Would you happen to know if the DC Comics Presents is a newsstand or direct?

Thanks,

John

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

Unread By: none

#5152750 - 04/30/14 07:44 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Loc: Sacramento, California

Not sure sorry

Probably going to just hold on to it till I'm able to take pictures

Top Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#5152914 - 04/30/14 08:38 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Would you do $100 for it?

Top Edit Edit Reply Reply Quote Quote Quick Reply Quick Reply Quick Quote Quick Quote

#5153251 - 04/30/14 09:56 PM Re: dc comics presents 26

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Already had someone offer that. It might be priced low at $110

Think I'm just going to hold on to it

Thanks tho

#5153883 - Yesterday at 04:13 AM Re: dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Ok I'll take it for $110.

This is what I read.

So where is the definitive keeping of the book?

So basically, the PL is now the Wild West where you can get admitted for any perceived slight or transgression?

You guys planning on putting me on later?

We don't really know each other that well, but you have to know by now that I always try to do the right thing. I do like the Wild West though. :devil:

Didn't the person nominating him post the PM exchange where he states I'm going to keep the book and the buyer just plowed forward?

The argument of those wishing for the seller to be on the PL is that the statement "I think I'm just going to keep it" is open to discussion/debate and what he was really doing is bartering.

Despite the fact that "think" is defined in this context as "believe", which means the seller stated I believe I'm just going to keep it. My guess is it's a regional thing. I hear people say "I think this" or "I think that" and know that's fact according to them. I don't take it as they want me to convince them otherwise. (shrug)

If I said I think I would sell you something how confident would you feel?

So basically, the PL is now the Wild West where you can get admitted for any perceived slight or transgression?

No and no

Wow,. if I say "I think I'll go to Dominoes and get some pizza", I'm up and in the car a few minutes later.

When did "I think I will" mean I'm negotiating with Dominoes to give me a better price on an extra-large?

That is a very valid point and perhaps why we are going around in circles. I honestly 100% believe that wording, based on his past actions, means he was holding out for full price or more money.

Mike, here is the PM convo.

2u8xmrk.jpg

14sh9bk.jpg

nxvw2s.jpg

23wso3o.jpg

The grey area is the "probably" and "think I'm going to" but never closing the thread over 6 hours later despite posting in other threads. He had time to close the thread - he didn't. Books were still for sale. (shrug)

No and no

You say that now, but just wait til I really pizz you off - I'll be getting a nomination by morning.

dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Hello,

Thanks,

John

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Not sure sorry

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Thanks tho

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

This is what I read.

For realz?

The guy suggested twice that he was going to keep the book. If the buyer perceived it differently by the sellers syntax, tough titties.

I'm still not understanding where the transgression was? Was he not literal enough? Honestly this is ridiculous.

No and no

You say that now, but just wait til I really pizz you off - I'll be getting a nomination by morning.

Pizz me off please. You will see no PL nomination. (thumbs u

The specifics of this case may be "ridiculous" but I think it has opened up a valid conversation about sales threads and when are they closed. I see no harm in that.

The guy suggested twice that he was going to keep the book. If the buyer perceived it differently by the sellers syntax, tough titties.

I'm still not understanding where the transgression was? Was he not literal enough? Honestly this is ridiculous.

Same here, and this is truly bizarre.

But if you read the original posts, you can see people getting increasingly angry at ocean's abrasive personality and a "witch hunt" mentality taking hold over the mob.

They just don't want to admit it now.

dc comics presents 26

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

Hello,

Thanks,

John

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Not sure sorry

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

oceanavekid Offline

Talkative?

Thanks tho

jawn Online content

Hobbyist

This is what I read.

For realz?

Ok. So where does the obligation to follow through with :takeit: start? If this is ridiculous then where is the line. Nobody seems to be able to even try and answer this.

2u8xmrk.jpg

14sh9bk.jpg

nxvw2s.jpg

23wso3o.jpg

The grey area is the "probably" and "think I'm going to" but never closing the thread over 6 hours later despite posting in other threads. He had time to close the thread - he didn't. Books were still for sale. (shrug)

With all due respect, who cares?

The seller is not beholden to anyone to close the thread if they change their mind. The guy states twice that he is going to keep the book. The deeper reading into his choice of words or failure to close the thread means zero. He did nothing wrong.

Same here, and this is truly bizarre.

But if you read the original posts, you can see people getting increasingly angry at ocean's abrasive personality and a "witch hunt" mentality taking hold over the mob.

They just don't want to admit it now.

Incorrect.

sigh.... now we are back to insulting instead of listening to other people's valid point of view. Liberal logic at its best.

2u8xmrk.jpg

14sh9bk.jpg

nxvw2s.jpg

23wso3o.jpg

With all due respect, who cares?

The seller is not beholden to anyone to close the thread if they change their mind. The guy states twice that he is going to keep the book. The deeper reading into his choice of words or failure to close the thread means zero. He did nothing wrong.

Glad you see it as so black and white. Perhaps you can advise on any further nominations.