• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Yeah... I think that is more than enough time. If you nominate him just lay it out with dates and details. Don't forget to send him a seperate pm telling him about the nomination.

Wanted to get board members opinions here...New boardie posts a WTB. I respond. We have lots of back and forth, him wanting to add more and more cheap books so I oblige.

We get to the point where the deal is all but done and then...Nadda. The guy goes completely off the grid. Has not read last two messages. From my limited detective skills, shows he has not posted in awhile either.

Now, I am not mad at the loss of the sale but more annoyed about the loss of my time.

Now it could be extenuating circumstances, I have no idea. I was just thinking to see though if I should warn other boardies in case this guy pops up again and to warn them not waste their time...

Opinions?

It's not Jop by any chance is it.

My opinion is to nominate him. This is no different than any other non-paying buyer.

Exactly, and lots of people on the PL have cited "extenuating circumstances" as the reason for not completing the deal, but that didn't save them.

What is wrong with people these days?!

If I buy someone off you on ebay and havn't paid for it, don't ship it to me. Maybe I changed my mind.

The last thing I want is you holding over my head that I owe you money when I got high and bid on your auction. I mean come on!

I'm just assuming this guy is on the CGC boards because who sends items to buyers before they pay?

Ugh UGH UGH UGH

how is it that someone with 1000 plus feedback would send me a book before I even pay for it?

WTH is that?!

I was going to accept the unpaid item strike, but I just paid for the item.

It was $50 + $35 shipping, from the US. I wasn't going to pay because of the shipping price being unreasonable.

If I buy someone off you on ebay and havn't paid for it, don't ship it to me. Maybe I changed my mind.

The last thing I want is you holding over my head that I owe you money when I got high and bid on your auction. I mean come on!

I'm just assuming this guy is on the CGC boards because who sends items to buyers before they pay?

Ugh UGH UGH UGH

I do it all the time if I know the person is a boardie.

Your post has to be sarcasm, right? False douchery masking the fact that you're amazed at how trusting of you someone is?

Say it's so, because that post is pretty bad.

Ugh UGH UGH UGH

Your post has to be sarcasm, right? False douchery masking the fact that you're amazed at how trusting of you someone is?

Years ago, I used to "advance ship" board sales even before receiving payment if the boardie was well-established or someone I was friendly with.

Learned not to do that. :)

Ugh UGH UGH UGH

Years ago, I used to "advance ship" board sales even before receiving payment if the boardie was well-established or someone I was friendly with.

Learned not to do that. :)

:cry:

If he committed to buy them in the messages I consider that the same as :takeit: so wouldn't that be PL worthy? I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is a mistake, but usually it is what it appears to be.

Yep, we'd get a batch together, negotiate, he said :takeit: and then move on to see what else we could add in to the shipment. Again, I'll feel horrible if something happened to the guy but if he was/is a fly-by-nighter, people may want to be wary of dealing with him should he ever pop up again. 2c

If you want to nominate:

1) Go to your PMs.

2) Copy paste them here.

3) Send a separate PM you are nominating for Probation List.

4) Wait 3 days for reply.

5) If no satisfactory reply then nominate for PL.

(thumbs u