• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him. If he hasn't paid by then, nominate him for the Probation List and then you can resell the books. (thumbs u

:sorry:

Just to clarify: you can sell the book after thirty days without nominating someone for the PL (which is also a thirty day wait). So reselling the book is not contingent on nominating for the PL.

Correct. :) Sorry for any confusion caused by my wording. :foryou:

Your math could improve also.

:baiting:

Sent invoice on May 6th.

On June 9th - ( :gossip: 34 days after invoicing)

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him.

I think he meant from the 15th of May, when the invoice was actually received and acknowledged. I could be wrong, but I think there was a time lag.

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him. If he hasn't paid by then, nominate him for the Probation List and then you can resell the books. (thumbs u

Just to clarify: you can sell the book after thirty days without nominating someone for the PL (which is also a thirty day wait). So reselling the book is not contingent on nominating for the PL.

Your math could improve also.

:baiting:

Sent invoice on May 6th.

On June 9th - ( :gossip: 34 days after invoicing)

I would wait the full 30 days after you invoiced him.

I think he meant from the 15th of May, when the invoice was actually received and acknowledged. I could be wrong, but I think there was a time lag.

Yup. But it's ok. ;)

I guess I should have been a little more technical in my response. I just didn't want the guy's inquiry to be buried in the "larger" fiasco going on so I shot off a quick answer while at work. doh!

I'm just killing time between face offs.... :baiting::D

I do disagree though, I think fantasyisland should be able to sell his books if he wanted to...there's nothing that requires him to NOT start the clock until there's an "acknowledged" invoice & he's going on three weeks of radio silence.

2c

Hopefully buyer reappears. :wishluck:

Edited by bababooey

POV... just want you to know that you are missed in this thread :sorry:

Please come back :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp

:hi:

(thumbs u

Wanted to get board members opinions here...New boardie posts a WTB. I respond. We have lots of back and forth, him wanting to add more and more cheap books so I oblige.

We get to the point where the deal is all but done and then...Nadda. The guy goes completely off the grid. Has not read last two messages. From my limited detective skills, shows he has not posted in awhile either.

Now, I am not mad at the loss of the sale but more annoyed about the loss of my time.

Now it could be extenuating circumstances, I have no idea. I was just thinking to see though if I should warn other boardies in case this guy pops up again and to warn them not waste their time...

Opinions?

If he was adding those books to a virtual cart with a commit to buy then I say out him. If it was simply a back and forth to try and come to a deal then I guess there is not much that can be done. I hate to have time wasted so I understand the frustration.

Wanted to get board members opinions here...New boardie posts a WTB. I respond. We have lots of back and forth, him wanting to add more and more cheap books so I oblige.

We get to the point where the deal is all but done and then...Nadda. The guy goes completely off the grid. Has not read last two messages. From my limited detective skills, shows he has not posted in awhile either.

Now, I am not mad at the loss of the sale but more annoyed about the loss of my time.

Now it could be extenuating circumstances, I have no idea. I was just thinking to see though if I should warn other boardies in case this guy pops up again and to warn them not waste their time...

Opinions?

just equate it to the guy at the convention that has you pull a dozen books off the wall, talks your ear off, distracts you from other customers and then leaves buying nothing...

if there was no definitive deal, then yeah s/he wasted your time... but it's no PL thing... If you saw him popping "I'll take it" in someone elses thread, or "PM sent" you could PM the other guy and give him a headsup.

If he was adding those books to a virtual cart with a commit to buy then I say out him. If it was simply a back and forth to try and come to a deal then I guess there is not much that can be done. I hate to have time wasted so I understand the frustration.

Yes, he committed to get a couple batches of inexpensive books and then wanted to add more and would ask for other ones, we agreed to negotiated prices on some of the batches too.

Maybe life just got in the way,and comic books may be the last thing he's thinking about. (shrug)

Yes, I thought of that too. Like I said, I wasn't sure if there were extenuating circumstances or not.

I was looking for opinions but it is kind of annoying, but like I said, I was not sure if it was PL worthy. I'm fine to move on either way as I know there are bigger fish to fry here tonight. ;)

If he committed to buy them in the messages I consider that the same as :takeit: so wouldn't that be PL worthy? I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is a mistake, but usually it is what it appears to be.

If he committed to buy them in the messages I consider that the same as :takeit: so wouldn't that be PL worthy? I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt that it is a mistake, but usually it is what it appears to be.

Yep, we'd get a batch together, negotiate, he said :takeit: and then move on to see what else we could add in to the shipment. Again, I'll feel horrible if something happened to the guy but if he was/is a fly-by-nighter, people may want to be wary of dealing with him should he ever pop up again. 2c

My opinion is to nominate him. This is no different than any other non-paying buyer. If he shows up and it turns out there was a real emergency, then I am sure you guys will work something out and he would not be on the list anymore.

Isn't there a 30 day window to try and complete a deal?

How long has it been since last contact?

Oh yeah, I don't know why I assumed it had been 30 days already. doh! How long has it been Wallcrawler?