• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Don't know either of the guys involved and don't think I've done business with either of them. However, the buyer was told in PM by the seller that he was holding on to the book. A book that was in a sales thread that hadn't had any activity in about 8 days. The buyer then pulled the douch move of posting a take it in the thread to force the sale. Regardless of what type of a person the seller is, he shouldn't be in the PL for this one.

I'm with Joe, this makes the PL a joke.

I think what happened here is your basic witch hunt due to ocean being such an ultra-spoon, and since he was so revilved, the PL addition went off without looking at the situation in an unbiased and even-handed way.

Does anyone *really* believe that if a respected seller like greggy or FT or Kramerica or Jive or drbanner, etc. would have refused to sell someone a book from an inactive thread via PM, and then refused to honor the ignorant and unwelcome BIN, that they would be on the PL?

According to this case, they would have to be, based on precedent, but no way it happens.

And who decides who is on the PL and who is not? :popcorn:

Apparently a bunch of brainless pinheads.

I guess is should say :acclaim:

Apparently you're calling me a brainless pinhead. (thumbs u

I wouldn't take it personal. He thinks that of everyone. It's just his nature.

I guess I should say :foryou:

Apparently you're calling me a brainless pinhead. :acclaim:

No, I just think you guys hate ocean so much that it clouded your view of the scenario as it unfolded.

Try to think of the situation had someone like Kramerica been the seller instead of ocean - would he also be on the PL?

Kramerica or any other respected seller wouldn't take a dump on a would-be buyer. They'd try to work with the buyer and figure it out. Oceanavekid acted like he could give a rat's . Then he pulled the "I'm stepping away from the Boards for sometime" and pulled a FDQ exit (that lasted all of a week or two) as his addition to the PL was being discussed. He didn't care.

Do I think Mark or any other seller you mentioned would act like that and then mock the community and the PL? No, I don't.

I guess I should say :foryou:

Apparently you're calling me a brainless pinhead. :acclaim:

No, I just think you guys hate ocean so much that it clouded your view of the scenario as it unfolded.

Try to think of the situation had someone like Kramerica been the seller instead of ocean - would he also be on the PL?

No. Any respected seller would not have acted the way Ocean did. That's the point. (thumbs u

Kramerica or any other respected seller wouldn't take a dump on a would-be buyer.

You can't sell what you no longer have or what you want to keep, so I don't see how a solution with a spoon-buyer like this could be resolved.

Or don't you realize the buyer was trying to trap the seller? His tactics were pretty obvious.

Personally, if Ocean gets the PL for this, the buyer should be on the PL too, as they were both equally guilty of poor salesmanship.

Kramerica or any other respected seller wouldn't take a dump on a would-be buyer.

You can't sell what you no longer have or what you want to keep, so I don't see how a solution with a spoon-buyer like this could be resolved.

Or don't you realize the buyer was trying to trap the seller? His tactics were pretty obvious.

You should read the original discussion. You aren't making any sense.

No. Any respected seller would not have acted the way Ocean did. That's the point. (thumbs u

Exactly, you are letting your distaste for Ocean and his irritating personality cloud your judgement of the facts.

You shouldn't be able to railroad people on the PL just because you don't like them. :sumo:

Exactly, you are letting your distaste for Ocean and his irritating personality cloud your judgement of the facts.

You shouldn't be able to railroad people on the PL just because you don't like them. :sumo:

You're twisting this to make your point. Carry on I guess and we can all slowly ignore you.

1) Thread was inactive for 8 days.

2) Buyer inquired about book, and was told TWICE that it was being kept.

3) Buyer got angry and put BIN in thread, even after being told the books were not available.

4) Book was listed on eBay.

5) Ocean pizzed and moaned when nominated for PL.

I don't think we're going to convince the other of our respective positions.

I look it as the thread being open. The fact it was added to eBay 14 hours later proves that he was NOT keeping it and does NOT prove the thread was closed because he had three threads closed last week by the mods for simultaneously having books listed here as well as eBay. I see it as oceanavekid realizing he might be able to squeeze a little more money out of the book so wanted out of a sales thread he started. This, in my opinion, is very similar to Symbiotic listing a book and Kevin.J taking it and then Symbiotic stating that he realized he listed it too low and refusing to honor the sale. He NEVER said "I'm keeping the book" and the thread is closed. Never. But I'm just a brainless pinhead so no way I'll be able to convince you about my side of the argument so I'll bow out of the discussion. :shy:

1) Thread was inactive for 8 days.

2) Buyer inquired about book, and was told TWICE that it was being kept.

3) Buyer got angry and put BIN in thread, even after being told the books were not available.

4) Book was listed on eBay.

5) Ocean pizzed and moaned when nominated for PL.

1) irrelevant if you read the whole exchange

2) incorrect

3) incorrect....again

4) so?

5) irrelevant

I don't think we're going to convince the other of our respective positions.

That's because according to the rules initially set out for PL inclusion, you don't have a position. Since he first refused the transaction via PM, there was no transaction. End of story.

Ocean just rubbed you all the wrong way, acting like a real spoon, so even though his position was understandable, your moral compass caused you to break with tradition and put him on the PL anyway.

And believe, I think Ocean is a major spoon as well, but I am just looking at the sequence of events. To me, the buyer is more guilty than the seller, he just didn't have any reason to sound off and make you all mad.

1) irrelevant if you read the whole exchange

2) incorrect

3) incorrect....again

4) so?

5) irrelevant

So you are calling Harvey a liar?

So you think Greggy belongs on the PL?