• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

There's hardly a consensus on this so why would the default be to add to the PL?

He was nominated, discussed and added.

Who made the decision to add him?

He was nominated, discussed and added.

So you don't know.

Learn how the PL list works

I know how the PL list works. I'm just wondering why it seems like more people think he shouldn't have been added to the list. Were mistakes made when he was added? I'm simply wondering who made the final judgment call to add him to the list based on the discussion at the time.

I do know how it works. It seems like a mistake might have been made. So perhaps the ones who initially added him made an error.

Round and round we go. Appropriate avatar.

Funny. That's just what I was thinking about the ongoing discussion about it and why I started the poll. Still not sure why you're so scared of it. Perhaps your avatar is appropriate also.

I know how the PL list works. I'm just wondering why it seems like more people think he shouldn't have been added to the list. Were mistakes made when he was added? I'm simply wondering who made the final judgment call to add him to the list based on the discussion at the time.

Domo,

If you click on his name, it'll lead you to the start of the discussion with the initial nomination. There were several pages of discussion. I added him. If there is a different interpretation or understanding of the PL that I'm unaware of, I'll happily own the mistake and remove him. :angel::foryou:

Seemed pretty simple to me AFTER discussion:

• Open Sales thread that the seller had ample time, opportunity and reason to close.
  • :takeit: by a buyer.
  • Seller did not honor the transaction.

Did I miss something? :popcorn:

I'm just wondering if that was the majority opinion then...then why does it seem to be different now?

I wanted to know what the majority consensus actually is...so I started a poll.

That seems to upset some people for some reason (not saying you are). :foryou:

But for those that are...relax. It's just a poll.

• Open Sales thread that the seller had ample time, opportunity and reason to close.
  • :takeit: by a buyer.
  • Seller did not honor the transaction.

Did I miss something? :popcorn:

I think this sequence of events could be massaged a different way:

--Possibly closed sales thread meanders towards oblivion

--Insistent buyer tries to force a sale

--Seller chooses not to be bullied

Not saying this is the way things are but maybe the initial nomination isn't so black and white.

Folks can we step away for a second and have a larger conversation. I could care less whether Ocean is added or not added to the PL. What I DO care about are rules and order. So I just took my lunch break (had a blue cheese burger and fries, it was delicious if anyone cares) and read through that entire week's postings in Probation(05/02/2014) (ugh my brain hates me right now) Jawn posted a nomination on 5/2. There was dozens of discussions mostly with baba and Branget over whether or not it should be added, HOWEVER a nomination WAS made. Per the rules, there is no need to discuss the validity of the nomination UNLESS (per rule Rule 3B) the nominee responds. At that time whether the aspects of the transaction are lacking can be discussed. In other words, Branget and Baba's discussion was Dicta. At no time during the 72 hour waiting period did Ocean make ANY statement. As per Rule 3(a) he was added to the PL. As to his removal, under rule 3© ocean is free to later make a statement if he was unavailable. As such his statement was/is that the thread was closed and he was moving the books to eBay. Ok, fine. Taking his statement at face value, he should now be removed from the PL and I am going to do just that, however his original addition was (and is) still valid under board rules. as I read them.

You may now feel free to flame away on me.

...however his original addition was (and is) still valid under board rules. as I read them.

Am I reading this wrong or did you mean "nomination"?