• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I thought we were going to give more time for jawn and oceanavekid to try to work out something before a poll was thrown out there? (shrug)

There are many people who are saying "this was a rush job and there should have been more discussion. :sumo: "

Can we at least try to learn from that argument and not rush to the opposite conclusion and removing oceanavekid before everything has been fleshed out. :wishluck:

One one additional thing - there is a lot of talk about oceanavekid's addition having a watering down affect on the list. This is NOT the case. If he was on the HOS, I'd agree 100% with that argument. I was a big opponent of the " :preach: add him to the HOS"

HOS - behavior based. Concerns regarding recidivism.

PL - transaction based. One time transaction that should be easily fixed.

oceanavekid's place on the Probation List does NOT have a watering down affect on the list.

Who is the "we" you are referring to?

And how much discussion is enough?

I think all the "facts" that we are going to get are in here already. Whether oceanavekid and jawn work out their personal differences is up to them. As Rupp had mentioned, the discussion has been beaten to death and pretty much all I see is the same people saying the same things over and over again. I don't see anyone changing their mind or making new or fresh arguments. Jawn has stated his stance in here (again) and oceanavekid has done the same (again). I'm interested in how many people are for and against...so I started the poll.

So long as nobody expects the results to affect the list. :)

So long as you don't think you're in control in here. :)

I seriously think this has now officially been beaten to a slow and painful death.

The easiest answer is just to ask the community to vote on whether or not the 'kid needs a second chance or not.

No poll required yet. (thumbs u

Yes there was. You don't control things in here. (thumbs u

I thought it was up to the nominating party?

I seriously think this has now officially been beaten to a slow and painful death.

The easiest answer is just to ask the community to vote on whether or not the 'kid needs a second chance or not.

Up to the nominating party for what?

Up to the nomination party for what?

Rupp suggested. A vote on a second chance. According to the rules, the accuser can only request removal from the list.

I thought we were going to give more time for jawn and oceanavekid to try to work out something before a poll was thrown out there? (shrug)

There are many people who are saying "this was a rush job and there should have been more discussion. :sumo: "

Can we at least try to learn from that argument and not rush to the opposite conclusion and removing oceanavekid before everything has been fleshed out. :wishluck:

One one additional thing - there is a lot of talk about oceanavekid's addition having a watering down affect on the list. This is NOT the case. If he was on the HOS, I'd agree 100% with that argument. I was a big opponent of the " :preach: add him to the HOS"

oceanavekid's place on the Probation List does NOT have a watering down affect on the list.

I think all the "facts" that we are going to get are in here already. Whether oceanavekid and jawn work out their personal differences is up to them. As Rupp had mentioned, the discussion has been beaten to death and pretty much all I see is the same people saying the same things over and over again. I don't see anyone changing their mind or making new or fresh arguments. Jawn has stated his stance in here (again) and oceanavekid has done the same (again). I'm interested in how many people are for and against...so I started the poll.

I don't and neither do you.

The established rules say your poll does not change the list. (thumbs u

General question: What happens when the nominating party is being unreasonable?

Exactly.

I believe the current standard is a 30 day wait. :)

Exactly.

He isn't.

Book for sale

Book offered to be purchased

Book denied as he wanted more money, refuses to complete transaction.

It is no different then:

Book for sale

Book not paid for as found for cheaper from another location

Rupp suggested. A vote on a second chance. According to the rules, the accuser can only request removal from the list.

My poll was geared more towards whether or not oceanavekid ever deserved to be on the list in the first place regarding this transaction.

As far as the user requesting removal, oceanavekid did make a post (last night?) that he would rather not be on the list, but he seems to feel it's a lost cause for him and has just sort of thrown up his hands at it all.

^^

My poll was geared more towards whether or not oceanavekid ever deserved to be on the list in the first place regarding this transaction.

As far as the user requesting removal, oceanavekid did make a post (last night?) that he would rather not be on the list, but he seems to feel it's a lost cause for him and has just sort of thrown up his hands at it all.

His "request" is as bad as his items not being for sale.

So nice you wish to jump in and make everything right.....your way.

I don't act like I am.

You do. :)

And my poll will show what people think is the right thing to do and who are the vocal and incorrect minority. (thumbs u

Exactly.

30 days later it could still be wrong. :)

Exactly.

He isn't.

Book for sale

It is no different then:

Book for sale

:applause:

I don't act like I am.

You do. :)

And my poll will show what people think is the right thing to do and who are the vocal and incorrect minority. (thumbs u

Yes, you do. Seems you just haven't learned that about yourself yet.

Nice analysis of your poll. lol

Exactly.

He isn't.

Book for sale

It is no different then:

Book for sale

That's one opinion. Others have been offered in here, so I put it to a vote to see where the numbers stand.

Exactly.

30 days later it could still be wrong. :)

Could but also could not. This is why we wait 30 days and not rush to judgement.

His "request" is as bad as his items not being for sale.

So nice you wish to jump in and make everything right.....your way.

So sorry everyone doesn't want it your way.

Why are you so scared of a poll? hm