• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I gotta ask. What has changed in regards to symbiotic? I started a poll on him in the end of April/beginning of May because of his actions with wolfpack, the fact that he has been a scammer time and time again (his shilling), and his past etc. Several members went after me and were annoyed with the nomination, to the point where I finally just pulled the poll because it wasn't worth my time to fight them. So why is it NOW we can add him to the HoS?

I believe it's the selling books he doesn't own, misleading buyers that the slab he showed was his slab and that's the slab that they would be getting, and then not revealing the truth until he was (once again) busted in the act.

The "caught red-handed in the middle of being dishonest and fast and loose with the details waved in everyone's face" - thing was the tipping point.

I gotta ask. What has changed in regards to symbiotic? I started a poll on him in the end of April/beginning of May because of his actions with wolfpack, the fact that he has been a scammer time and time again (his shilling), and his past etc. Several members went after me and were annoyed with the nomination, to the point where I finally just pulled the poll because it wasn't worth my time to fight them. So why is it NOW we can add him to the HoS?

For me Jay, it was seeing how manipulative he is. We've seen it from him in the past, but this time it felt like he manipulated the system. In April he was nominated for the PL. He came here, pulled his "Don't cry for me Argentina!" bit and SAID to put him on the PL and he wasn't going to sell anymore and :blahblah: . Fast forward to Monday and he actually acts like a victim and gets support from people that haven't fully paid attention and chooses his words so carefully and that he refunded the nominator and weasels his way off the list. This guy is just so manipulative. I really believe he's a sociopath and doesn't even understand what he's doing is wrong. He's changed his statements at least three times TONIGHT alone! :screwy: How many times is he going to pull :sorry: and disappear for a short period of time. He needs something permanent attached to his name to warn folks. Right now it's shilling and backing out of smaller end deals, but things could quickly escalate where someone REALLY gets scammed by this guy.

That's why I personally feel he belongs on the HOS. When you read his history, it's clear how he manipulates this community. Just look at his G/S/B sales thread the other day to see people fooled by him. :flamed:

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

And solarcadet1 definitely deserves his lumps.

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

+1

I do NOT understand why someone on the HOS is tolerated around here.

:eyeroll:

When we as a community put someone in the HoS, it's like we kicked them off the island in Survivor. Yet the producers have decided to just let them hang around. It's odd.

Solarcadet could just FIX THE PROBLEM, and get off the HOS. But he doesn't. He thumbs his nose at this entire community, and nothing happens.

Meanwhile...well...best not go down that road.

You have been allowed your particular brand of crazy for what, a decade now?

:popcorn:

And I'm not defending the guy's actions. I think its sad that it's come to this as the HOS should be reserved for the truly scummy guys; red rocks comes to mind.

And honestly when you think about it, maybe solarcadet1 shouldn't be in the HOS...but I digress.

So the guy isn't scummy because he doesn't dink around with expensive books, only cheap ones? What if he was selling an Action #1 but used a reprint as a stock photo?

If only HOS members could get banned so he wouldn't have to quote me and talk at me every time I make a post he's interested in. :wishluck:

+1

When we as a community put someone in the HoS, it's like we kicked them off the island in Survivor. Yet the producers have decided to just let them hang around. It's odd.

Solarcadet could just FIX THE PROBLEM, and get off the HOS. But he doesn't. He thumbs his nose at this entire community, and nothing happens.

RMA,

I tried and did apologize and made right with the seller.

The mods own the island not the islanders...

I truly do not believe that you fully understand why your actions regarding a few things were more offensive than a monetary issue. When people try to question your behavior you thumb your nose in a way that basically says "FU" to people and that despite that I know that you are dealing through PM with people making transactions with international books. So until that is ever rectified, there are some of us that will never want to deal with you, myself included.

It's a forum not the dark side buzzetta...

I'm not doing any harm and if I was the mods would intervene. I don't sell international books for profit, I hunt them for fun for whoever wants one.

You told people your dad had cancer, only to admit you lied and then apologized and not long after started making fun of concentration camps. You're a tool with zero conscience.

Do your home work first...I directly copied that quote from Chespirito....

Mods were not offended so who in the forum pays you to police me???? No one lol

Hump the button all you want. Now let's all hold a moment of silence for my dear old gramps

Let's explain this again:

This:

Mods were not offended so who in the forum pays you to police me????

...is the problem. You will not understand that it's not about whether the mods were offended or not. You refuse to humble yourself and acknowledge that others were, and apologize. You have complete contempt for everyone.

You lack empathy, you lack sympathy, and you care about no one but Solarcadet1. The fact that you are so aggressively dismissive and contemptuous of anyone here tells me that this is common in your life in general, and for that, I feel for those who deal with you in real life. You may temper it in real life...but it certainly exists.

And you hide behind the authority here, as if none of your actions means anything, so long as the mods don't get involved.

You have contempt for everyone else, and, ultimately, for yourself.

I would like to also point out that the mods DO NOT GET INVOLVED in 99%of actions here. If I agree to sell a $4k book to someone and then ship them a box filled with German Newspaper that person is free to nominate me to the HoS (which I would think I'd be added to) but the mods will not do anything to me. That doesn't mean that what I did was ok because the mods didn't punish me. That has been the whole point, the Sales section is self policed. I have no idea why solarcadet1 seems to think that the mods not banning him is a tacit acceptance of his actions. They probably hate you as much as most people here do, but they don't have the power to do anything. But when you go over the line, like making holocaust comments, they will hit you with strikes etc.

+1

RMA,

I tried and did apologize and made right with the seller.

The mods own the island not the islanders...

I truly do not believe that you fully understand why your actions regarding a few things were more offensive than a monetary issue. When people try to question your behavior you thumb your nose in a way that basically says "FU" to people and that despite that I know that you are dealing through PM with people making transactions with international books. So until that is ever rectified, there are some of us that will never want to deal with you, myself included.

It's a forum not the dark side buzzetta...

I'm not doing any harm and if I was the mods would intervene. I don't sell international books for profit, I hunt them for fun for whoever wants one.

You told people your dad had cancer, only to admit you lied and then apologized and not long after started making fun of concentration camps. You're a tool with zero conscience.

Do your home work first...I directly copied that quote from Chespirito....

Mods were not offended so who in the forum pays you to police me???? No one lol

Hump the button all you want. Now let's all hold a moment of silence for my dear old gramps

Let's explain this again:

This:

Mods were not offended so who in the forum pays you to police me????

...is the problem. You will not understand that it's not about whether the mods were offended or not. You refuse to humble yourself and acknowledge that others were, and apologize. You have complete contempt for everyone.

You lack empathy, you lack sympathy, and you care about no one but Solarcadet1. The fact that you are so aggressively dismissive and contemptuous of anyone here tells me that this is common in your life in general, and for that, I feel for those who deal with you in real life. You may temper it in real life...but it certainly exists.

And you hide behind the authority here, as if none of your actions means anything, so long as the mods don't get involved.

You have contempt for everyone else, and, ultimately, for yourself.

Again, I did apologize whato else would make u feel satisfied???

I'm not breaking the forums rules. You guys can't even police shills and thieves and scammers.

Why people still even acknowledge that he breathes oxygen amazes me. What's worse than posting on a discussion forum and no one acknowledging you. But people continue to engage him in conversation. Why?! doh! Ignore the .

:troll:

I was wondering the same thing.

I would like to also point out that the mods DO NOT GET INVOLVED in 99%of actions here. If I agree to sell a $4k book to someone and then ship them a box filled with German Newspaper that person is free to nominate me to the HoS (which I would think I'd be added to) but the mods will not do anything to me. That doesn't mean that what I did was ok because the mods didn't punish me. That has been the whole point, the Sales section is self policed. I have no idea why solarcadet1 seems to think that the mods not banning him is a tacit acceptance of his actions. They probably hate you as much as most people here do, but they don't have the power to do anything. But when you go over the line, like making holocaust comments, they will hit you with strikes etc.

The mods didn't hit me with a strike nor the original poster of the comment so please tell the class how it feels to be wrong...go ahead

And what you do not realize is that the reverse is also true. Not a single mod has given a damn when we call you to task or call you out on your errant behavior. I saw a few threads in the last few weeks were people called out accusations against another person's personal and business integrity where that thread was eventually locked down.

You on the other hand seem to be a different case. When we tell you that you have crossed lines, the mods don't delete those posts. They let them remain. So this is a two way street.

You continue to thumb your nose and act in the manner that you do, there will be others that call you out on that behavior.

Why people still even acknowledge that he breathes oxygen amazes me. What's worse than posting on a discussion forum and no one acknowledging you. But people continue to engage him in conversation. Why?! doh! Ignore the .

:troll:

I was wondering the same thing.

(shrug)

I don't even know what nomination we were discussing at this point. ???

The mods didn't hit me with a strike nor the original poster of the comment so please tell the class how it feels to be wrong...go ahead

So this link is nothing? http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7804221

If you wake up this morning to 100 posts in the Probation discussion here's the summary:

•  
    Current HOS vote up for discussion:
Symbiotic HOS nomination poll with detailed write up courtesy of HarveySwick

Symbiotic came on and (after saying he would accept whatever the boards determined) started back tracking arguing that he really didnt do all that much wrong and he didnt actually cheat anyone out of any money so why the HOS?

There was some back and forth about the solarcadet HOS listing with buzz and Solar rehashing positions (nothing new)

JimmyL had a buyer on ebay notify him 8 months later that a book didnt arrive. Everyone said Jimmy owes the buyer nothing due to the long delay, and it could just as easily be a scam since there was no international tracking to prove/disprove delivery.

Now go read the Symbiotic summary and vote!

Edited by Miraclemet

I've said I won't sell for a while, or something along those words. I welcome a full ban. Anything you see fit.

If you feel this way, then you don't have to wait for poll results to say so, just take it upon yourself to show us that you are sincere in your intention to take responsibility for your failures and punish yourself by leaving.

That's the plan once my final sales reach the buyers.

Oh.