• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

facepalm: unreal. You don't get it, there's nothing to "get right"...just get gone. You can't undo the rep you've built yourself. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find a lot of interest in your road to recovery, or "program".

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "can’t undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but this guy has had more than his share of chances. He's written at least 4 or 5 apology posts and saying he'd do right, and then he goes right back to it.

This also isn't like he once or twice screwed up paying a boardie. The guy has like 10 auctions going all with A LOT of shilling.

I'm sorry Vaillant- I like your think best of everyone and give them a chance attitude, but this guy is far passed chances to screw over boardies.

That old saying comes to mind. "Fool me once,shame on you. Fool me twice,shame on me."

Thanks to you Dave, I got paid by Symbiotic on that New Mutants 98.

:cloud9:

:applause: Glad I could help,even though I don't know how I helped.

I completely understand the vote to put me on the HOS, I do not argue in fact I plead guilty to my crimes.

My only question being, am I here forth banned from partaking in discussions on the board,,or simply banned from the commerce side of things. Further more am I allowed to purchase from other members, or not.

I wouldn't be opposed to an outright ban either if there is such a thing.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy here. I need to figure out some mess in my life.

If you want to bag on Symbiotic, go right ahead.

But I don't think it's productive to make fun of people with legitimate mental illness...if that's what you're doing by posting these sorts of videos.

Would you make fun of someone with cancer?

Calling out his claiming unemployment to get out of a sale so that he could purchase an Amazing Fantasty 15.

An earlier indicator this was not going to be a fun ride for anyone that got on the Symbiotic train.

(worship)

I completely understand the vote to put me on the HOS, I do not argue in fact I plead guilty to my crimes.

My only question being, am I here forth banned from partaking in discussions on the board,,or simply banned from the commerce side of things. Further more am I allowed to purchase from other members, or not.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy here. I need to figure out some mess in my life.

But I don't think it's productive to make fun of people with legitimate mental illness...if that's what you're doing by posting these sorts of videos.

The bold part is key.

Do you see someone with legitimate mental illness? I don't. I seem someone who can't tell the truth using that as, yet another, excuse for not being honest.

I have a bigger problem with people who fake mental illness as an excuse, honestly.

The video posted was a commentary on how many times he's said he's sorry, then said he wasn't, said he's guilty, but then said he didn't do anything wrong, said he was leaving, then said he was sticking around, said he wasn't selling, then decided he wasn't bound by any word he said or promise he made. We don't know, from minute to minute, what Symbi we are going to get.

Taking this guy at face value, or believing ANYTHING he says, to any degree, is a massive error given his track record.

Calling out his claiming unemployment to get out of a sale so that he could purchase an Amazing Fantasty 15.

An earlier indicator this was not going to be a fun ride for anyone that got on the Symbiotic train.

(worship)

Oh yeah! lol Classic Symbiotic fun,well good thing you got paid.I will always look out for my friends here. (thumbs u

The bold part is key.

Do you see someone with legitimate mental illness? I don't. I seem someone who can't tell the truth using that as, yet another, excuse for not being honest.

I have a bigger problem with people who fake mental illness as an excuse, honestly.

One time he sent me four PM's in a row about different reasons he was delayed in shipping books.

SO I think a strong argument could be made. But thats just speculation and me being a .

facepalm: unreal. You don't get it, there's nothing to "get right"...just get gone. You can't undo the rep you've built yourself. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find a lot of interest in your road to recovery, or "program".

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "can’t undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

Would you apply this across the board for everyone?

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "cant undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

Sadly many boardies do....

When I made my stupid eBay mistake, there were people saying "I'll never do business w/him." Which ultimately is fine but to take such an extreme is sad.

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "cant undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

When I made my stupid eBay mistake, there were people saying "I'll never do business w/him." Which ultimately is fine but to take such an extreme is sad.

I was asking if he applied it across the board his policy of not believing someone can't undo a wrong they've committed.

Not sure if you're asking me, but if you are then I'd say no, it does not apply across the board because the reputation in question belongs to a self-proclaimed shiller and compulsive liar. In his particular case, I'm not sure it's possible to undo the reputation he has established. Also, we are talking about a guy scandalously selling comic books, not a rehabilitated ex-con...I don't think the larger moral question applies here if that's what you're getting at. This isn't about life and second chances, this is about "hot books" and shilling lol

I was asking if he applied it across the board his policy of not believing someone can't undo a wrong they've committed.

To be fair, I never said he can't undo a wrong he's committed, I said he can't undo his reputation, which I think is a fair statement considering his situation on these boards. I should have just stayed out of it lol I feel like my statement is being twisted to make me sound diabolical.

To be fair, I never said he can't undo a wrong he's committed, I said he can't undo his reputation, which I think is a fair statement considering his situation on these boards. I should have just stayed out of it lol I feel like my statement is being twisted to make me sound diabolical.

No worries, I was asking Vaillant. I don't believe "everyone" is entitled to forgiveness and that there are some bells that cannot be un-rung 2c

Agreed. Nothing diabolical about it. No mending that reputation fence though. Not like it was one or even two transgressions. It is a pattern and practice. Whether it is forgivable is an individual choice.

(worship)

I'm glad he made you whole with the transaction Nick.

The people who lie about their transactions and don't even attempt to offer restitution or ask for redemption are pretty much the scum slick on the bottom of the shoe of life.

I, for one, am glad Symbotic didn't revert to this level at least. That makes him better than some.

(worship)

I'm glad he made you whole with the transaction Nick.

The people who lie about their transactions and don't even attempt to offer restitution or ask for redemption are pretty much the scum slick on the bottom of the shoe of life.

I, for one, am glad Symbotic didn't revert to this level at least. That makes him better than some.

hm

I don't even remember what you did on eBay. But I didn't like how you treated me as a return customer. So if it makes you happy I try and be polite and friendly with you still, but I don't really think you care.

It's fascinating that people somehow feel good about themselves when they act as if it's reprehensible that someone wouldn't want to forgive another member for the umpteenth time.

I don't want Symbiotic on these boards, in any capacity, in perpetuity. There is no redemption, there is no forgiveness, there is no acceptable amount of time that needs to pass.

If you want to be a bleeding heart go do something constructive instead of defending internet scammers, it's not commendable, it's pathetic.

It's fascinating that people somehow feel good about themselves when they act as if it's reprehensible that someone wouldn't want to forgive another member for the umpteenth time.

I don't want Symbiotic on these boards, in any capacity, in perpetuity. There is no redemption, there is no forgiveness, there is no acceptable amount of time that needs to pass.

If you want to be a bleeding heart go do something constructive instead of defending internet scammers, it's not commendable, it's pathetic.

I agree, he can rot.

I agree, he can rot.

+1

Agreed. This person has absolutely no character, honesty, or remorse. To the cornfield with him.