• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think I am going to have to pm myself a list of names of people not to deal with and why so I can remember things like this. Thanks for the post.

There are so many that I just put them on ignore. Sometimes in modern threads, there will be entire pages where I don't see anything . . .

I use an Excel spreadsheet...that allows me to also have a "notes" column so I can remember/document why they are on my mess list. So far, I'm still on a single worksheet tab :D

I suggested something like that awhile back...I was told that marking someone with a scarlet letter isn't fair..that if a person made the offended party whole, they're removed from the PL and considered to be clean.

Yeah, a while back I went through the PL history and posted a summary that showed boardie names with dates they were added and removed from the PL - that summary itself was perceived as yet another "bad list", and all hell broke loose...

Yes, and if I remember correctly, your list also demonstrated that repeat offenders on the PL were rare, and the exception to the rule. Those rare cases become eligible for the HoS, as it is reserved for, among other things, "Being a multiple offender".

Correct, indeed. Also, the history of the PL is made up of relatively few boardies...about 55 different boardies from 2007 (PL inception) through the end of 2013 (when I did that analysis)

edit: and most of those 55'ish boardies aren't active here anymore anyway...either they made their way to the HOS, or I suppose just left of their own volition

The purpose of the PL is limited (I believe by design) to getting transactions completed, pure and simple. That can never be the proper place to measure a person's integrity or character. Symbiotic abused and lost his second chance(s) and is now nominated for the HoS, which is, I believe, the intended way to judge matters of integrity and character.

I agree.

Ed in red ^

Edited by edowens71

FYI - chriswALKEN just refunded me my $10, and it sounds like he's trying to get things right, so he's (thumbs u in my book. I assume anyone else that might be waiting on him will probably get contacted.

He mentioned he is trying to get the books out, and I told him if it jammed him up, he didn't have to send mine (it was only $10), but if he does, just stating for the record I'll be sending him his $10 back to him.

FYI - chriswALKEN just refunded me my $10, and it sounds like he's trying to get things right, so he's (thumbs u in my book. I assume anyone else that might be waiting on him will probably get contacted.

He mentioned he is trying to get the books out, and I told him if it jammed him up, he didn't have to send mine (it was only $10), but if he does, just stating for the record I'll be sending him his $10 back to him.

Good to hear (thumbs u

I completely understand the vote to put me on the HOS, I do not argue in fact I plead guilty to my crimes.

My only question being, am I here forth banned from partaking in discussions on the board,,or simply banned from the commerce side of things. Further more am I allowed to purchase from other members, or not.

I wouldn't be opposed to an outright ban either if there is such a thing.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy here. I need to figure out some mess in my life.

Under the advisement of Buzzetta I've gone through and deleted every shill which I've ever placed. If I've missed any let me know. I've also removed all reserves, and will offer discounts to any board members wishing to make purchases.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

Feel free to ignore the auctions as well, I'm not looking for hand outs. Just working on making things right as a part of my program.

Under the advisement of Buzzetta I've gone through and deleted every shill which I've ever placed. If I've missed any let me know. I've also removed all reserves, and will offer discounts to any board members wishing to make purchases.

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

Feel free to ignore the auctions as well, I'm not looking for hand outs. Just working on making things right as a part of my program.

:facepalm: unreal. You don't get it, there's nothing to "get right"...just get gone. You can't undo the rep you've built yourself. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find a lot of interest in your road to recovery, or "program".

I completely understand the vote to put me on the HOS, I do not argue in fact I plead guilty to my crimes.

My only question being, am I here forth banned from partaking in discussions on the board,,or simply banned from the commerce side of things. Further more am I allowed to purchase from other members, or not.

I wouldn't be opposed to an outright ban either if there is such a thing.

And no I'm not looking for sympathy here. I need to figure out some mess in my life.

Technically you are not allowed, but some members not many will sell to the HOS/PL.

facepalm: unreal. You don't get it, there's nothing to "get right"...just get gone. You can't undo the rep you've built yourself. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find a lot of interest in your road to recovery, or "program".

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "can’t undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

I will not ban you on ebay don't worry about that.

I will work on improving my Ebay manner.

Trust me when I say I have a lot to work on. Currently seeing a therapist about my habitual and somewhat pathological lying.

2iudvli.gif

In all seriousness, how does this guy not make people feel :eek: at this point with his level of :screwy:

facepalm: unreal. You don't get it, there's nothing to "get right"...just get gone. You can't undo the rep you've built yourself. Sorry, but I don't think you'll find a lot of interest in your road to recovery, or "program".

This does not make sense. I understand if people want Symbiotic out of the boards for the time being, but to say one "can’t undo" whatever bad thing has done in the past is utterly wrong, and somewhat diabolic.

It's just noob on noob action.

You really think it's possible for people to forgive and forget all of Symbiotic's gaffes on these boards? I'm not being diabolical, I'm being realistic. He'd be better of joining a different forum and have clean slate, and make the necessary changes to be a reputable seller. No offense, but this forum is not the most forgiving place...let me ask this: Has anyone ever gotten off the HoS list and "undone" their seedy reputation?

(sorry if that's a n00b question, Branget)

Edited by jaybes

I'm all for forgiveness and second chances, but this guy has had more than his share of chances. He's written at least 4 or 5 apology posts and saying he'd do right, and then he goes right back to it.

This also isn't like he once or twice screwed up paying a boardie. The guy has like 10 auctions going all with A LOT of shilling.

I'm sorry Vaillant- I like your think best of everyone and give them a chance attitude, but this guy is far passed chances to screw over boardies.

I will not ban you on ebay don't worry about that.

I will work on improving my Ebay manner.

Trust me when I say I have a lot to work on. Currently seeing a therapist about my habitual and somewhat pathological lying.

Trust you? :facepalm: