• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As far as the whole PL thing goes.....if I'm to believe what that guy is stating...Shark's order came via his website and not via this board. IF that's true, would that still constitue a reason to engender the PL? .

Yes

Even if I feel for the seller it is still PL worthy. I can't hold buyers to a standard and sellers to another standard. I don't like strong arming anyone into a transaction but thems the rules of the boards. It is completely up to Shark whether he wants to add Lockford who had several complaints during the sale and was well aware of the volume while they were taking orders. He could have cut it off at any time.

Mike (Shark) is a great guy, in my experience

But, Mike, I would say this to you in person, you kind of have three strikes on the deal. You jumped the gun on a pre-order, jumped the guys stuff about a shipping notice, then closed out the trifecta with the "I'm never going to do business with you again." That guy, whose actions are not even close to lily white, was put in a lose-lose-lose scenario, and I can't blame him for putting himself in the position to lose the least.

I also agree that the technical application of the PL list probably indicates that Mike could get the guy PL'd. I'm sure he doesn't care, as he only came here to pimp variants. While it is mostly inside the letter of the PL law, I find it a little unsavory to strong arm the guy using the PL when Mike emptied both barrels in a Ready, Fire, Aim fashion.

I hope no hard feelings, Mike, just my honest opinion.

That's a well reasoned look at it from both sides of the transaction.

I just picked a side so I could post Jaws gifs.

:insane:

There are situations in which I can see myself defending a seller in a transaction like this - i.e. saying that they should not be added to the PL for deciding to pull the plug on a transaction because they were upset with the buyer's antics.

But I think that would demand a level of buyer buttholery that I'm not sure we have here.

Even if I feel for the seller it is still PL worthy. I can't hold buyers to a standard and sellers to another standard. I don't like strong arming anyone into a transaction but thems the rules of the boards. It is completely up to Shark whether he wants to add Lockford who had several complaints during the sale and was well aware of the volume while they were taking orders. He could have cut it off at any time.

just so we are 100% clear, i had next to no complaints during the sale. They only started shipping Wednesday evening which is less than one week from right now. Over 65% of our packages are out in the mail. If anything I have gotten alot of great pm's and public comments on the thread.so I truly have no idea where you are coming from with that......as for the volume it was fine. It has been a week. A WEEK PEOPLE!!!!!!!! If you are that impatient and entitled of a person to think that you should have your item immediately then you should seriously rethink your priorities.

There are situations in which I can see myself defending a seller in a transaction like this - i.e. saying that they should not be added to the PL for deciding to pull the plug on a transaction because they were upset with the buyer's antics.

But I think that would demand a level of buyer buttholery that I'm not sure we have here.

I agree while what we've seen is semi-abrasive, possibly rude, demanding etc.....it's hard to say if it's worthy of blocking a buyer who placed an order in June.

Yet, I've seen this type of thing before & been surprised by what gets revealed in the discussions.

:whistle:

149175.jpg.0f50ae7eb9d94e0fcc12608c7855c8fb.jpg

A: Where the hell is my book?

B: It hasn't been released yet. We will automatically mail it to you once it's in our possession.

It wasn't that simple Andy. As you shall soon see.

just so we are 100% clear, i had next to no complaints during the sale. They only started shipping Wednesday evening which is less than one week from right now. Over 65% of our packages are out in the mail. If anything I have gotten alot of great pm's and public comments on the thread.so I truly have no idea where you are coming from with that......as for the volume it was fine. It has been a week. A WEEK PEOPLE!!!!!!!! If you are that impatient and entitled of a person to think that you should have your item immediately then you should seriously rethink your priorities.

You are quite obviously stressed by the situation since nobody mentioned anything about slow shipping. You had numerous criticisms while you were having the sale. Feel free to read your own threads. (thumbs u

I agree while what we've seen is semi-abrasive, possibly rude, demanding etc.....it's hard to say if it's worthy of blocking a buyer who placed an order in June.

Yet, I've seen this type of thing before & been surprised by what gets revealed in the discussions.

:whistle:

It will take a little while but you're going to get them. :sumo:

Probation list or no probation list....douchey or not douchey.....

Here's what it takes to make a business work these days:

The customer is always right.

What would it have taken to say "Hey, I know you're upset about whatever....we're a small operation trying to make folks happy"...."I'm going to step your order up in the line and ship your comic to you immediately....hope there are no hard feelings".

I betcha that "never going to buy again from you" would quickly become a "hmmm, maybe I was a bit rash and heck, they shipped me a NM/MT lickety split...." hence the never becomes "maybe I'd give it another whirl".

As far as the whole PL thing goes.....if I'm to believe what that guy is stating...Shark's order came via his website and not via this board. IF that's true, would that still constitute a reason to engender the PL? Not sure if that's fact or fiction, but I think that should figure in as well.

Anyway, it's apparent that some feelings got hurt and penises got stepped on.

How is this NOT generating sales to his website through the chatboards?????

Ok guys so I just want to give a formal heads up that my shop, Conquest Comics...will be doing an exclusive store variant for the Amazing Spider-Man #4. We are actually going to be doing 2 covers as of now. A regular color and a b&w. the artist is J Scott Campbell and the variant will feature good ol Black Cat. This issue is very significant as it is supposed to feature the first appearance of Silk whom Marvel is touting as a fairly big deal. These WILL sell out. I will be starting to take pre orders in the next day or so. I hope to have some rough art to show soon. I saw the concept and it looks fantastic. Just waiting on a little more finished version and the ok that I can show it before doing so. While its not our first exclusive ( we habe done a few Funko Pops ) This is our first variant cover comic our store has done so while its nerve wracking and costs a fortune, I'm confident in it. As of now the release date is July 16th...just in time for SDCC! I might have some there as well but not positive yet so if you are interested in getting them signed or sketched by campbell at con (I'm assuming he will be there as he usually is) then order. I will do my very best to make sure every copy is out within a day or two. Also I CANNOT guarantee 9.8's. I will do the very best in picking out excellent copies but I can only send what they send me. Current Edition sizes are 2500 and 1500. I look forward to servicing you guys and getting those interested something pretty awesome. And I think my rep John at Marvel and Campbell for this as well. If you guys go on other boards and such we would totally appreciate it if you let your friends there know as this is one of my favorite boards to visit but really one of the few I'm even remotely active in. Thanks a ton guys. It'll be up on our site for pre order soon....Chris

http://conquest-comics.myshopify.com/

Thx Ralph!

Use coupon code CGCBOARD10 for 10% off your purchase. Coupon will be good until June 16th. Links are live on the site....I already have over half of each spoken for through other methods so there will only be a limited amount going to online sales.

http://conquestcomics.com/shop/

You are quite obviously stressed by the situation since nobody mentioned anything about slow shipping. You had numerous criticisms while you were having the sale. Feel free to read your own threads. (thumbs u

lol....you have 0 idea what you are talking about Branget.....sigh....ok guys. it's Wednesday, and besides having to ship normal people's orders...it's new book day at the shop so ill end for now with this. i have never sold anything here on the board. i put up a post on the modern comics thread about a variant i was doing and offered the board a discount...something which i will not do again. a mod moved it to the sales thread. i have never sold a book on the boards here...nor will i ever. i tried to do something nice for the people here as most seem like good people. but this whole thread here is a joke.....i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

lol....you have 0 idea what you are talking about Branget.....sigh....ok guys. it's Wednesday, and besides having to ship normal people's orders...it's new book day at the shop so ill end for now with this. i have never sold anything here on the board. i put up a post on the modern comics thread about a variant i was doing and offered the board a discount...something which i will not do again. a mod moved it to the sales thread. i have never sold a book on the boards here...nor will i ever. i tried to do something nice for the people here as most seem like good people. but this whole thread here is a joke.....i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Sounds like you need a time out...maybe you should go get some sleep and come back level headed and maybe realize the issue here.

Yep. Next to no complaints during the sale. :facepalm:

we have shipped out several hundred packages so far starting on wednesday and lots were only within a couple of hours from here so im hoping a bunch have gotten em so far...c'mon guys...post when you get em to put some at ease. i need folks to stop calling and asking...slowing down the process!!! lol....

I haven't received mine yet. Patiently waiting...

you know we only started shipping orders on the 30th...right? because marvel had delayed the book a week when we were at a convention......and that these are shipping in the order received.....

so we are patiently dealing with impatient people.....

thx brother. appreciate it. i have had certain people....the same people...call up to 6 times so far...same info given everytime...lol. it's amazing how some people think that they should be ale to line cut everyone else just because they sold theirs on ebay already....lol

6 Times? Wow. I never even considered calling. I figured I will get it when I open the envelope and it is in there. Everyone wants everything immediately now. lol

you have no idea man..lol. since I have been back...which is Wednesday, I have answered over 360 phone calls on it. that does not count the emails, pm, facebook messages or texts...just in store calls....i cannot believe some of the things that people are asking for....and some of these people are board members as they have told me... This makes me question ever doing another exclusive again. lol...

And ALL of this went on as I sent him what was, in his mind, SEVERAL e-mails. You know how many times I personally contacted him up to this point? ONCE. By e-mail when I didn't realize it was the board order for the ASM #4 JSC variant. And Chris called me that night and I apologized and explained what had happened just as I did in my initial post in this thread back on page 2634:

So can I nominate a board member for the Probation List because he cancelled not one order but a 2nd order for a comic only because he doesn't like me and thought I was person_without_enough_empathying about not getting the comic fast enough when in fact I was just inquiring about a shipping notice?

I'm pretty sure that all "take my ball and go home" instances are probation worthy.

In that case, I'd like to nominate Lockford88 to the Probation List.

He's been running a sales thread for his Conquest Comics Amazing Spider-Man #4 J. Scott Campbell Exclusive for over a month now. I ordered and paid for 1 color copy on June 27th.

In late July, I was going through some of my old e-mails and noticed an open order from this Conquest Comics. I didn't recognize the order right away so I sent an e-mail and said something like "I ordered and paid for this comic about a month ago. So where the hell is it?". I buy a lot of comics through eBay and usually get stuff within a week.

About 5 minutes after sending the e-mail I realized it was the order for the ASM #4 JSC Variant through the boards. I then found the thread and saw where Lockford88 had posted that Marvel shipped the comics to him late and that he wouldn't be able to start shipping the comics until the 30th of July.

Right after this he calls me about my e-mail. I immediately apologized for my tone in the e-mail and explained what had happened. He seemed to accept my answer and apology at the time.

Fast forward to last night. Someone in his thread posts that they received a shipping notice and I said I hadn't received one yet. They then said they received theirs through Paypal. I then responded by saying I also paid through Paypal (denoting my payment date of June 27th) but hadn't received a notice yet. Suddenly, the seller (Lockford88) jumps in and goes off on a tangent about how tired he is of people griping about where their comics are. And I simply stated I hadn't received a shipping notice yet. I wasn't griping about not having the book yet. Since he had been packaging books since July 30th, I thought surely my 1 book purchase would have been included by the evening of Aug. 4th (I was wrong).

So his rant led me to state that no I wasn't griping, yes I still wanted the book and that I would never buy from him again. So he took offense and cancelled my initial order. I then tried to place another order through their website (at a higher cost) and he refused that order as well. He is convinced that I was b*tching up one side and down the other about my order and I can't convince him otherwise. (shrug)

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Seems like a pretty simple decision now. (shrug)

mike, people calling and asking multiple times are not complaints. i never mentioned complaints. i said i have had people asking about things....never complaining. matter of fact 99% of the people i have spoken to have been great.

Edited by Lockford88