• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The seller probably saw it as a rude gesture, and in turn, issued you a full refund.

I'm trying to see where there was a violation in that.

Because the seller did not follow through on his obligation.

Yep. I agree. I'm sure both parties feel aggrieved, but money's been exchanged, so seller needs to suck it up, ship the book. At that point, I'm sure both parties will be content to wipe their hands of it.

Seller already gave him a refund though.

Then do the opposite. The buyer has not paid for a book yet and claims the seller pissed him off. He doesn't pay. The buyer would be on the fast track to the PL. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If the seller is PL in eligible then so are non-paying buyers.

Rays suck!

:popcorn:

When someone publicly states that they 'won't buy from a seller again' I have to say that I think the seller has the right to issue a credit & walk away from unfinished business.

I didn't read much of the history in the thread linked below, just the today stuff.

I don't know the other guy & Shark seems like a straight up guy with a good rep who is probably just pissed off right now.

lol

Spidey book - advertising thread

When someone publicly states that they 'won't buy from a seller again' I have to say that I think the seller has the right to issue a credit & walk away from unfinished business.

I didn't read much of the history in the thread linked below, just the today stuff.

I don't know the other guy & Shark seems like a straight up guy with a good rep who is probably just pissed off right now.

lol

No. The deal did not include an agreement from the buyer to any further purchase. The seller listed a book and the buyer bought it. Did the buyer have the right to walk away?

Either way, this situation sucks......rightside and sideways.

I still think there's a noble solution

There are 2 solutions. The seller sells or the buyer walks. That's it.

They both walk and not deal with each other

lol

No. The deal did not include an agreement from the buyer to any further purchase. The seller listed a book and the buyer bought it. Did the buyer have the right to walk away?

I stated my opinion, this isn't about buyers backing out but if someone erroneously posts a :takeit: to buy off a PL lister selling in these forums.

I don't care if they walk away from it. I could come up with lesser example closer to this one but....

:busy:

lol

I understand where you are coming from but the deal was done.

Offer, acceptance, money sent.

Feelings hurt and money sent back just isn't the way it is done. (shrug)

Except the buyer agreed to buy a book, paid for the book, and got bent because he couldn't get an update from the seller on the shipping of the book. It's well within the buyer's right to put the seller on blast. If the seller didn't like the reaction, he should do better with managing his business.

Now you have a hot book, that I'm pretty sure is selling for more than what the seller offered it for, being held from a buyer that bought and paid and had every intention of completing the deal.

Pretty cut and dry. Make it right or seller does his time on the PL. 2c

Funny thing is the exact same thing happened to me a couple of years ago.

I brought it up, and was told to walk away.

I did. No PL for the seller.. I kept my money

You didn't have to.

Except the buyer agreed to buy a book, paid for the book, and got bent because he couldn't get an update from the seller on the shipping of the book. It's well within the buyer's right to put the seller on blast. If the seller didn't like the reaction, he should do better with managing his business.

Now you have a hot book, that I'm pretty sure is selling for more than what the seller offered it for, being held from a buyer that bought and paid and had every intention of completing the deal.

Pretty cut and dry. Make it right or seller does his time on the PL. 2c

The original price was like $13.49 with the 10% board discount. After he refunded that and the shipping cost, I looked on eBay and the cheapest color copy was $35.00. :eek:

I just want one color copy for my own collection.

lol

I understand where you are coming from but the deal was done.

Offer, acceptance, money sent.

Feelings hurt and money sent back just isn't the way it is done. (shrug)

I agree that the best resolution is for the book to get sold, I hope cooler heads prevail & Shark gets his book.

I guess I'm looking at it more from a whether it's PL worthy or not - I don't find either party blameless & an action is going to get a reaction - when the action is a long time boardie publicly stating he'll never buy from you again then the reaction is expected, the buyer even said he shouldn't have said what he said till he got his book.

Should he just sell it & move on? Yes. Do I feel strongly enough to think that the PL threat should force him to follow through? Nope.

We shouldn't mediate or intervene when a misunderstanding leads to bad feelings etc..etc..

That's what seems fishy, that by not honouring the sale to you, it can be sold again at a higher price.

comix4fun with 'unjust enrichment' paragraph in 3, 2, 1.....

:D

You need to insult his hair or pants if you want him to appear.

That's what seems fishy, that by not honouring the sale to you, it can be sold again at a higher price.

Well, he stands to make at least an extra $10.50 off of it as they're now selling for $23.99 on their website. But then again, he wouldn't sell it to me at that price either.

Edited by Shark

He owes you the book. Feel free to nominate him. There really is no need to discuss. This ends with you deciding to let the book go or him selling you the book.