• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

This my friends, is why doing store direct variants is tough and hard work.

This really doesn't help the situation. A month, he took preorders for a month. After you take your 200th pre-order its time to start preparing packages. No Excuse.

For some reason I don't feel need to get my pitchforck and torch yet. The guy said when he would ship them and its been what a week since?

I think you may have missed the part where the seller unilaterally canceled the order.

Sounds like the seller was upset in general about all the calls/emails/posts and decided to focus that anger on one person.

BINGO!

And you regret wording your response to him the way you did because now you won't get your book.

I would suggest a PM to the guy, apologizing for your tone and asking nicely to have him complete this transaction for you.

I would also expect the seller to apologize to you for overreacting and offer to move your order to first priority.

These things often get heated for really stoopid reasons and should easily be able to be worked out. 2c

Both buyers and sellers have to be held equally accountable to follow through - I agree with that sentiment.

Did Shark post anything that seemed worthy of getting his deal blown up? I don't think so but there's plenty of things he said that demonstrate his impatience, frustration & he is (perhaps unintentionally) being antagonistic toward the seller - the deal got off on the wrong foot & pretty much stayed there when the buyer had confusion over the order, he didn't link it to a board sale so he emailed

"It's been over 3 weeks and I STILL haven't received this comic yet. So where the hell is it???"
- This was sent while there was a thread being updated here. This got sorted out with a phone call but bad feelings obviously lingered.

So then we come back to the thread and it starts out OK, I guess. (shrug)

Should we have received some kind of shipping notice? I don't remember getting one..... hm

Lockford does a general paragraph_long_rant - but the order isn't yet cancelled. The reaction to the paragraph is understandable to some extent, re-using "hell" probably reminded the seller of his earlier "unknown/confused?" buyer.

"Why the hell are you yelling at me? All I stated was that I hadn't received a shipping notice yet."

Examples of reasonable comments ruined by something better left unsaid are below - I think it's frustration being expressed - take away the underlined parts below & this deal might have been done.

posted here - I did apologize to you after the first e-mail and explained how I had screwed up when I was reading the old e-mails. Apparently, that's not good enough for you.

via email/reposted here - "People are saying they have received notices of shipment but I haven't received one yet. Any reason why?"

Then all the dots get connected by the seller & Shark posts what was likely the final nail in the coffin of the deal.

Will I ever order from you again? HELL NO

Boom: Order cancelled, refund issued.

There are none of Lockford's words quoted in this, he has said some pretty dumb stuff, his reaction to the PL nomination hasn't been good. I feel that if he and Shark don't sort this out that Lockford probably should go on the PL.

I don't necessarily think it is a slam dunk, I do believe that since the seller is unfamiliar with the PL process & clearly still hot under the collar that we should probably wait, maybe even let the 72 hours run its course to see if someone cools down enough to extend an olive branch.

I just can't believe that two people who talked on the phone can't work this out. I think both parties share the blame in this falling through & I'd much rather see the parties sort it out than for someone to end up on the PL.

(shrug)

Both buyers and sellers have to be held equally accountable to follow through - I agree with that sentiment.

Did Shark post anything that seemed worthy of getting his deal blown up? I don't think so but there's plenty of things he said that demonstrate his impatience, frustration & he is (perhaps unintentionally) being antagonistic toward the seller - the deal got off on the wrong foot & pretty much stayed there when the buyer had confusion over the order, he didn't link it to a board sale so he emailed

"It's been over 3 weeks and I STILL haven't received this comic yet. So where the hell is it???"
- This was sent while there was a thread being updated here. This got sorted out with a phone call but bad feelings obviously lingered.

Should we have received some kind of shipping notice? I don't remember getting one..... hm

Lockford does a general paragraph_long_rant - but the order isn't yet cancelled. The reaction to the paragraph is understandable to some extent, re-using "hell" probably reminded the seller of his earlier "unknown/confused?" buyer.

"Why the hell are you yelling at me? All I stated was that I hadn't received a shipping notice yet."

Examples of reasonable comments ruined by something better left unsaid are below - I think it's frustration being expressed - take away the underlined parts below & this deal might have been done.

posted here - I did apologize to you after the first e-mail and explained how I had screwed up when I was reading the old e-mails. Apparently, that's not good enough for you.

via email/reposted here - "People are saying they have received notices of shipment but I haven't received one yet. Any reason why?"

Then all the dots get connected by the seller & Shark posts what was likely the final nail in the coffin of the deal.

There are none of Lockford's words quoted in this, he has said some pretty dumb stuff, his reaction to the PL nomination hasn't been good. I feel that if he and Shark don't sort this out that Lockford probably should go on the PL.

I don't necessarily think it is a slam dunk, I do believe that since the seller is unfamiliar with the PL process & clearly still hot under the collar that we should probably wait, maybe even let the 72 hours run its course to see if someone cools down enough to extend an olive branch.

I just can't believe that two people who talked on the phone can't work this out. I think both parties share the blame in this falling through & I'd much rather see the parties sort it out than for someone to end up on the PL.

(shrug)

Well said

This seems to be getting unnecessarily complex.

If someone buys something from you and you have their money -- send it to them as soon as you can.

If they're rude to you, don't do business with them again.

It's not rocket science. Get rid of the egos.

I debated whether to post my opinion on this topic. I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire. I don't know Shark, but I did talk to the seller a few days ago inquiring about a similar order. It was quite cordial and after the seller explained the situation, I thanked him for clarifying the process and that I was looking forward to receiving the comic.

Having said the above, I think if Shark replaced:

WITH:

"Sir, I'm inquiring about an order I placed with you on June 27th. Can you please tell me if you have started the shipping process on your orders and approximately when my order will ship?"

This issue would be a non-issue.

It's amazing how a little respect for others goes a loooong way.

Shark, as I previously stated, I don't know you. You're probably a good guy. But you kick-started this whole thing off in the wrong direction. I don't think the seller is scamming you or anyone. If anything, I think he is trying to please everyone that ordered from him. However, I think he is overwhelmed and trying to do the best he can. I'm sure he has learned a lot about a venture like this and, should he decide to do it again, will incorporate additional efficiencies to make the process smoother.

I, personally, do not think this seller should go on probation. Not based on how this all started. 2c

Meck

(shrug)

You seem to be focused on the fact that I used the word hell 3 different times. Sorry, I tend to use certain expletives when I'm pissed off (I certainly could have used worse words). But not once did I call Lockford88/Chris/Conquest Comics anything but those names in any of my correspondence either in here or in e-mails. He, the supposed professional seller, chose to call me:

a) Absolutely selfish

b) Child throwing a tantrum

c) Brat

d) Impatient maniac

e) Psycho

f) Immature child

g) Unreasonable human being

I was contacted by another board member earlier today who was willing to act as a broker between myself and Chris just so I could get the book at the original price. I would pay the middleman, he would pay Lockford88, the book would be shipped to the middleman then passed on to me. AND I REFUSED THE DEAL. Why? See a thru g above. I have never been insulted so much from one person since I got back into comic collecting/selling/dealing 13 years ago.

He could contact me again and tell me he'll send the book at the original discounted price and I would STILL refuse to accept it. So that being the case, I guess there's no reason to put him on the Probation List because he'll have no way of ever getting off of it. So just let it die. Move on to the next candidate. I'm done too.

(shrug)

You seem to be focused on the fact that I used the word hell 3 different times. Sorry, I tend to use certain expletives when I'm pissed off (I certainly could have used worse words). But not once did I call Lockford88/Chris/Conquest Comics anything but those names in any of my correspondence either in here or in e-mails. He, the supposed professional seller, chose to call me:

a) Absolutely selfish

b) Child throwing a tantrum

c) Brat

d) Impatient maniac

e) Psycho

f) Immature child

g) Unreasonable human being

I was contacted by another board member earlier today who was willing to act as a broker between myself and Chris just so I could get the book at the original price. I would pay the middleman, he would pay Lockford88, the book would be shipped to the middleman then passed on to me. AND I REFUSED THE DEAL. Why? See a thru g above. I have never been insulted so much from one person since I got back into comic collecting/selling/dealing 13 years ago.

He could contact me again and tell me he'll send the book at the original discounted price and I would STILL refuse to accept it. So that being the case, I guess there's no reason to put him on the Probation List because he'll have no way of ever getting off of it. So just let it die. Move on to the next candidate. I'm done too.

I guess that settles it then. lol

I clicked the link that Lockford88 gave us through the chatboards, used the seller code to get the 10% off and placed my order for 1 color copy of the ASM #4 JSC Variant Exclusive through his website on June 27th.

As I posted previously, I was going through cleaning out some old e-mails on July 22nd when I saw the e-mail for this order. Since I didn't realize it was an order through the boards and not something from eBay, I sent this e-mail to Conquest Comics that same day:

Mike

Right after that I realized it was the board order, checked the posts on his sales thread, found the info about receiving the books late from Marvel, him not being able to ship until July 30th and immediately knew that's why I hadn't received the book yet. Chris called me shortly thereafter, I explained the process I had gone through with the old e-mails, apologized for the oversight and he seemed to accept my apology at that point.

He was not contacted again directly, by me, until this past Monday (Aug. 4th). And this was only after someone in his sales thread had posted on Sunday about receiving a shipping notice:

Hopefully the experience isn't too bad that you won't consider another. I got tracking numbers for my orders so know they will get here.

So I made these 2 general posts on Monday night:

I paid through PayPal and got a shipping notice through them.

I also paid through Paypal (on June 27th) and have received no notice of a shipment. (shrug)

All I was stating was that I also paid through Paypal but had not received a shipping notice yet. That's when Lockord88 posted this:

I also paid through Paypal (on June 27th) and have received no notice of a shipment. (shrug)

....... iv'e answered this literally 20 times here already. we are shipping in the order received. we only started shipping on wednesday the 30th as books were delayed by marvel. we are going as fast as we possibly can. we are not midtown comics with a warehouse and a staff of 50. this is a 2 man operation. i have 9 weeks worth of pre orders to ship out. a massive ton of orders. you will get it. if you are unhappy with this we will be more than happy to refund you and cancel the order. sorry but im seriously tired of this. no other retailer has bent over backwards to accommodate, discount, and keep people in the loop on this board as much as we have here and yet i still get nasty emails, phone calls, and comments.....you will get a notice upon shipping. with tracking. it will get to you. we are on the tail end of shipping orders from june 27th right now. i think only about 9 remain before getting to the 28th...the next several days are super heavy on orders as we had just added the reverse i believe. it will get there. we aren't stealing your money. we aren't sitting on our asses not shipping. we are working our asses off to get these things out as soon as possible along with running our fully functioning comic shop. we are packing extremely well in heavy boxes to ensure safe delivery. please...please...be patient. thanks.

At this point I'm thinking "Why the hell are you yelling at me? All I stated was that I hadn't received a shipping notice yet." At this point I should have just shut up and waited for the book. But I got pissed off and responded this way:

....... iv'e answered this literally 20 times here already. we are shipping in the order received. we only started shipping on wednesday the 30th as books were delayed by marvel. we are going as fast as we possibly can. we are not midtown comics with a warehouse and a staff of 50. this is a 2 man operation. i have 9 weeks worth of pre orders to ship out. a massive ton of orders. you will get it. if you are unhappy with this we will be more than happy to refund you and cancel the order. sorry but im seriously tired of this. no other retailer has bent over backwards to accommodate, discount, and keep people in the loop on this board as much as we have here and yet i still get nasty emails, phone calls, and comments.....you will get a notice upon shipping. with tracking. it will get to you. we are on the tail end of shipping orders from june 27th right now. i think only about 9 remain before getting to the 28th...the next several days are super heavy on orders as we had just added the reverse i believe. it will get there. we aren't stealing your money. we aren't sitting on our asses not shipping. we are working our asses off to get these things out as soon as possible along with running our fully functioning comic shop. we are packing extremely well in heavy boxes to ensure safe delivery. please...please...be patient. thanks.

Was I complaining about not getting my book yet? NO

Was I simply stating that I had not received a notice of shipment yet? YES

Do I still want the book I ordered? YES

Why? Because you just went on a f**king rant when you didn't need to. I was simply stating I hadn't received a notice of shipment yet. YOU took it as if I was complaining about not having my book yet.

So I am not completely blameless as I guess I should have listened to one more of his rants and waited for the book. That being said, the bottom line is he cancelled the order only because I returned his fire. I guess he can dish it out but can't take it.

Oh, and here's the last of "several" (what are we up to now, 2?) e-mails I sent to him late Monday night:

"I wasn't complaining...honestly. I was merely asking a simple question that you could have answered much more simply. Something like "We're just now getting to your order and it will go out in the next day or two". I would have been fine with that. I just thought it would have shipped by now considering you guys started shipping last Wednesday.

You're reading too much into my words. I guess a bunch of other people have pissed you off and now it seems you're taking it out on me. I did apologize to you after the first e-mail and explained how I had screwed up when I was reading the old e-mails. Apparently, that's not good enough for you.

Mike"

At this point I know I'm not going to get the book from Lockford88. And now that everything is in front of you guys (except for our phone conversation), you can see what transpired. The whole situation could have been avoided if cooler heads had prevailed....but they didn't. So it is what it is.

What it boils down to is I paid for a comic and the seller cancelled the sale when he shouldn't have. So I'm still going to nominate Lockford88 for the Probation List.

Is this the same conquest comics from NJ?