• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

That's what seems fishy, that by not honouring the sale to you, it can be sold again at a higher price.

comix4fun with 'unjust enrichment' paragraph in 3, 2, 1.....

:D

You need to insult his hair or pants if you want him to appear.

You may be thinking of Roy.

My pants are unassailable and my hair is non-existent.

Oops, I was thinking of Vintage Comics, sorry :blush:

Mike (Shark) is a great guy, in my experience

But, Mike, I would say this to you in person, you kind of have three strikes on the deal. You jumped the gun on a pre-order, jumped the guys stuff about a shipping notice, then closed out the trifecta with the "I'm never going to do business with you again." That guy, whose actions are not even close to lily white, was put in a lose-lose-lose scenario, and I can't blame him for putting himself in the position to lose the least.

I also agree that the technical application of the PL list probably indicates that Mike could get the guy PL'd. I'm sure he doesn't care, as he only came here to pimp variants. While it is mostly inside the letter of the PL law, I find it a little unsavory to strong arm the guy using the PL when Mike emptied both barrels in a Ready, Fire, Aim fashion.

I hope no hard feelings, Mike, just my honest opinion.

Well Sean.....you are wrong about "jumping the guys stuff about a shipping notice".

You are now on ignore. :sumo:

:jokealert::grin:

Even if I feel for the seller it is still PL worthy. I can't hold buyers to a standard and sellers to another standard. I don't like strong arming anyone into a transaction but thems the rules of the boards. It is completely up to Shark whether he wants to add Lockford who had several complaints during the sale and was well aware of the volume while they were taking orders. He could have cut it off at any time.

just so we are 100% clear, i had next to no complaints during the sale. They only started shipping Wednesday evening which is less than one week from right now. Over 65% of our packages are out in the mail. If anything I have gotten alot of great pm's and public comments on the thread.so I truly have no idea where you are coming from with that......as for the volume it was fine. It has been a week. A WEEK PEOPLE!!!!!!!! If you are that impatient and entitled of a person to think that you should have your item immediately then you should seriously rethink your priorities.

You are quite obviously stressed by the situation since nobody mentioned anything about slow shipping. You had numerous criticisms while you were having the sale. Feel free to read your own threads. (thumbs u

lol....you have 0 idea what you are talking about Branget.....sigh....ok guys. it's Wednesday, and besides having to ship normal people's orders...it's new book day at the shop so ill end for now with this. i have never sold anything here on the board. i put up a post on the modern comics thread about a variant i was doing and offered the board a discount...something which i will not do again. a mod moved it to the sales thread. i have never sold a book on the boards here...nor will i ever. i tried to do something nice for the people here as most seem like good people. but this whole thread here is a joke.....i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Couple of things you might want to take note of. 1st this wasn't done out of the goodness of your heart. Had it been that you would have donated the books in Harvey's Giving Tree thread (or whatever he calls it). You were soliciting sales on which you made a profit. You gave what you hoped would be a volume discount (knock 10% off in the hopes of increasing the volume sold to new customers by x%)

2nd you're a dealer and a shop owner. Even if the OP was 100% in the wrong for his actions (which we have no way of knowing because none of us (that I know of) have seen his (allegedly) harsh/overreacting messages. What we do see is your reaction and "customer service". There are A LOT of boardies here who are from NY and NJ. There are even more who visit the Jersey Shore for vacation. Your reaction to the situation would be a massive turn off to visiting your shop. I can tell you for one thing I have no plans of visiting.

As to the nomination in general, I see no reason why it couldn't go forward. It falls squarely in the rules of the PL.

Just my 2c

lol. i need a time out? i was dragged to this section by a psycho to be judged by a bunch of people who know nothing about the situation. i try to defend myself but i get told im overreacting??? christ... you guys are tough....

You're not defending yourself. lol

You're being an .

lol. i need a time out? i was dragged to this section by a psycho to be judged by a bunch of people who know nothing about the situation. i try to defend myself but i get told im overreacting??? christ... you guys are tough....

Wait a minute....I'm keeping count.....

1) Brat

2) Maniac

3) Psyscho

I think I may have missed a few....

mike, people calling and asking multiple times are complaints. i never mentioned complaints. i said i have had people asking about things....never complaining. matter of fact 99% of the people i have spoken to have been great.

I thought you were done with this garbage?

Man, I really don't see how this is PL worthy, unless there is something specific about pre-orders (is there?).

I waited over a month past due (three months total) when my DC Bombshell preorders finally shipped (which was NO fault of the seller). Sometimes things are late, and sometimes you buy them way ahead of time - but when it comes to pre-orders, I think sellers deserve a little slack. I mean, ASM 4 came out a week ago (digital) - and maybe Marvel shipped to him late, who knows.

The seller is obviously not customer-service savvy, but since when is that PL worthy? I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

The seller is obviously not customer-service savvy, but since when is that PL worthy? I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

What if the order is cancelled to rake more money? Should a buyer have the same leniency of cancelling the pre-order if it takes longer than expected? What if the pre-sale is for the Game Stop ASM variants for $300, which quickly becomes $250, then $200 then ends at $50 by the time they are ready to ship out can the buyer ask for a refund then?

Wait a minute....I'm keeping count.....

1) Brat

2) Maniac

3) Psyscho

I think I may have missed a few....

He's only defending himself. (shrug)

I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

Maybe not so much in this situation. But it's a slippery slope. What if it's a really hard to find book that the buyer's going to find it hard to get hold of again? Or a top census book?

Not a fan of allowing sellers to bow out just because they feel like it, unless there's been really heinous buyer behaviour.

What if the order is cancelled to rake more money? Should a buyer have the same leniency of cancelling the pre-order if it takes longer than expected? What if the pre-sale is for the Game Stop ASM variants for $300, which quickly becomes $250, then $200 then ends at $50 by the time they are ready to ship out can the buyer ask for a refund then?

My thoughts exactly Ice, or the opposite, Seller takes pre orders, but during delay sees that copies are flying off eBay at 100x cover price. Decides to sell some on eBay and cancels pre-orders because of "hostile" buyer. Shark isn't nominating because of the delay, he's nominating because of a canceled (previously accepted) order. Had the order at the time of sale been denied because he is on a "no sale" list than fine. But a month after Shark had paid for his book, his order was canceled. That just seems exactly as a PL situation.

It's amazing to me that people who have no ability, patience, or proper demeanor to deal with the public insist on going into a business that has them constantly dealing with the public.

It's would be like Martin Short in "Pure Luck" becoming a bee keeper. Why subject yourself to the torture if you can't handle it in the least?

Man, I really don't see how this is PL worthy, unless there is something specific about pre-orders (is there?).

I waited over a month past due (three months total) when my DC Bombshell preorders finally shipped (which was NO fault of the seller). Sometimes things are late, and sometimes you buy them way ahead of time - but when it comes to pre-orders, I think sellers deserve a little slack. I mean, ASM 4 came out a week ago (digital) - and maybe Marvel shipped to him late, who knows.

Then please explain to me how non-paying bidders are PL worthy? Sellers can back out and buyers can't? What a seller's paradise.

Then please explain to me how non-paying bidders are PL worthy? Sellers can back out and buyers can't? What a seller's paradise.

Hey its not ebay anymore :)

I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

Maybe not so much in this situation. But it's a slippery slope. What if it's a really hard to find book that the buyer's going to find it hard to get hold of again? Or a top census book?

Not a fan of allowing sellers to bow out just because they feel like it, unless there's been really heinous buyer behaviour.

True, I agree with the concept of that - but the only solution for the seller to avoid the PL list is to sell him the book? I don't know if I agree with that either, though. I have no idea what the middle ground might be.

And nothing against Shark - from what I read, he apologized for what he wrote to the seller, and that should have been enough.

But I'm still in the grey area about the PL nomination.

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Seems like a pretty simple decision now. (shrug)

I think your update is premature, while it's inevitable if there is no change in this guy's position.... there is nothing to be gained from updating the PL when people are still in their "hot head" phase & acting childishly.

It's happened before where people put "the boards on blast" & adding them serves no purpose, we're better off letting people cool down.

Updating the PL at this time isn't correct or necessary because it puts us into removal rules rather than the nomination rules, some people aren't familiar with how this works & the nominee has clearly stated that this is the case with him.

2c

Because a seller is taking on the financial responsibility of keeping and managing stock. His business decisions are based on the good faith of a buyer actually buying the product. The buyer is just a buyer. Still the most important component in business - and it's wise for the seller to sell to whomever, but in my book, it's still his perogative to choose to who he wants to sell to.

Just to add: it makes no sense to me why someone would *not* want to sell to people, as that's the nature of business - but it's still a choice, not a right.

Edited by Dr. Balls

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Seems like a pretty simple decision now. (shrug)

I think your update is premature, while it's inevitable if there is no change in this guy's position.... there is nothing to be gained from updating the PL when people are still in their "hot head" phase & acting childishly.

It's happened before where people put "the boards on blast" & adding them serves no purpose, we're better off letting people cool down.

Updating the PL at this time isn't correct or necessary because it puts us into removal rules rather than the nomination rules, some people aren't familiar with how this works & the nominee has clearly stated that this is the case with him.

2c

Update it when you're ready. (thumbs u

I find an issue with the seller cancelling and issuing a refund, when it was not requested or approved by the buyer. Complete the sale and move on. Adjust your records to exclude future transactions with the buyer in question.

It's not the case here, but, hypothetically speaking, how does it differ from a seller cancelling and refunding orders placed on July 24 for Fear #19 @ $20 each when prices skyrocket to $150 later that week?