• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The seller is obviously not customer-service savvy, but since when is that PL worthy? I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

I find an issue with the seller cancelling and issuing a refund, when it was not requested or approved by the buyer. Complete the sale and move on. Adjust your records to exclude future transactions with the buyer in question.

It's not the case here, but, hypothetically speaking, how does it differ from a seller cancelling and refunding orders from July 24 for Fear #19 @ $20 each when prices skyrocket to $150 later that week?

2zo9enp.gif

I find an issue with the seller cancelling and issuing a refund, when it was not requested or approved by the buyer. Complete the sale and move on. Adjust your records to exclude future transactions with the buyer in question.

I absolutely agree with that.

It's not the case here, but, hypothetically speaking, how does it differ from a seller cancelling and refunding orders placed on July 24 for Fear #19 @ $20 each when prices skyrocket to $150 later that week?

A Probation List is not going to deter an unethical business person from conducting that kind of business. However, I will agree that the PL will educate people to the kind of business that person is running. So that's a good point you're making.

Looks like there's three versions of the JSC variant, right around $35-$50 on Ebay. Did Shark buy it for much less than that? If the seller opted out because he could have double his money elsewhere, then I can see how that would make sense.

But if he bought it for $35 and they sell for $35, I think the severity of the issue isn't the same - and while people may want to add him to the PL, is it based on the selling rules or a matter of principal?

If it's based on PL rules, then I'll just shut my yap about it. A rule is a rule, and I'm okay with that.

Looks like there's three versions of the JSC variant, right around $35-$50 on Ebay. Did Shark buy it for much less than that? If the seller opted out because he could have double his money elsewhere, then I can see how that would make sense.

The original price was like $13.49 with the 10% board discount. After he refunded that and the shipping cost, I looked on eBay and the cheapest color copy was $35.00. :eek:

I just want one color copy for my own collection.

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Seems like a pretty simple decision now. (shrug)

I think your update is premature, while it's inevitable if there is no change in this guy's position.... there is nothing to be gained from updating the PL when people are still in their "hot head" phase & acting childishly.

It's happened before where people put "the boards on blast" & adding them serves no purpose, we're better off letting people cool down.

Updating the PL at this time isn't correct or necessary because it puts us into removal rules rather than the nomination rules, some people aren't familiar with how this works & the nominee has clearly stated that this is the case with him.

2c

Update it when you're ready. (thumbs u

I don't disagree with the decision based on what's being posted, just the timing since the nominee is ignorant of our rules & he's still wound up - if the guy doesn't cool down or bother to educate himself, then on the list he goes.

:D

snickergif.gif

11.gif

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

I think your update is premature, while it's inevitable if there is no change in this guy's position.... there is nothing to be gained from updating the PL when people are still in their "hot head" phase & acting childishly.

It's happened before where people put "the boards on blast" & adding them serves no purpose, we're better off letting people cool down.

Updating the PL at this time isn't correct or necessary because it puts us into removal rules rather than the nomination rules, some people aren't familiar with how this works & the nominee has clearly stated that this is the case with him.

2c

Update it when you're ready. (thumbs u :bump:

I don't disagree with the decision based on what's being posted, just the timing since the nominee is ignorant of our rules & he's still wound up - if the guy doesn't cool down or bother to educate himself, then on the list he goes.

:D

snickergif.gif

11.gif

The original price was like $13.49 with the 10% board discount. After he refunded that and the shipping cost, I looked on eBay and the cheapest color copy was $35.00. :eek:

I just want one color copy for my own collection.

Well, there you go. That's pretty much awakeintheashes scenario he pointed out.

But if he bought it for $35 and they sell for $35, I think the severity of the issue isn't the same - and while people may want to add him to the PL, is it based on the selling rules or a matter of principal?

I agree, the severity is much different. I was simply showcasing that brushing aside the unilateral nature of this order cancellation in this case can lead us down a slippery slope.

My pitchfork is someplace in my garage and I don't have the materials to make a torch, so I'm letting this play itself out. :foryou:

I agree, the severity is much different. I was simply showcasing that brushing aside the unilateral nature of this order cancellation in this case can lead us down a slippery slope.

My pitchfork is someplace in my garage and I don't have the materials to make a torch, so I'm letting this play itself out. :foryou:

I'm with you - but yeah, I think I understand the issue now a bit more knowing that Shark paid much less than the current FMV of the book.

Speaking as the ocassional variant buyer - it's important to pick that book up as cheap as possible, because even after the cost spikes, it's hard to find the variant for the original lower price because so many people let it sit as a BIN for the inflated price.

I clicked the link that Lockford88 gave us through the chatboards, used the seller code to get the 10% off and placed my order for 1 color copy of the ASM #4 JSC Variant Exclusive through his website on June 27th.

As I posted previously, I was going through cleaning out some old e-mails on July 22nd when I saw the e-mail for this order. Since I didn't realize it was an order through the boards and not something from eBay, I sent this e-mail to Conquest Comics that same day:

"It's been over 3 weeks and I STILL haven't received this comic yet. So where the hell is it???"

Mike

Right after that I realized it was the board order, checked the posts on his sales thread, found the info about receiving the books late from Marvel, him not being able to ship until July 30th and immediately knew that's why I hadn't received the book yet. Chris called me shortly thereafter, I explained the process I had gone through with the old e-mails, apologized for the oversight and he seemed to accept my apology at that point.

He was not contacted again directly, by me, until this past Monday (Aug. 4th). And this was only after someone in his sales thread had posted on Sunday about receiving a shipping notice:

Hopefully the experience isn't too bad that you won't consider another. I got tracking numbers for my orders so know they will get here.

So I made these 2 general posts on Monday night:

Should we have received some kind of shipping notice? I don't remember getting one..... hm

I paid through PayPal and got a shipping notice through them.

I also paid through Paypal (on June 27th) and have received no notice of a shipment. (shrug)

All I was stating was that I also paid through Paypal but had not received a shipping notice yet. That's when Lockord88 posted this:

Should we have received some kind of shipping notice? I don't remember getting one..... hm

I also paid through Paypal (on June 27th) and have received no notice of a shipment. (shrug)

....... iv'e answered this literally 20 times here already. we are shipping in the order received. we only started shipping on wednesday the 30th as books were delayed by marvel. we are going as fast as we possibly can. we are not midtown comics with a warehouse and a staff of 50. this is a 2 man operation. i have 9 weeks worth of pre orders to ship out. a massive ton of orders. you will get it. if you are unhappy with this we will be more than happy to refund you and cancel the order. sorry but im seriously tired of this. no other retailer has bent over backwards to accommodate, discount, and keep people in the loop on this board as much as we have here and yet i still get nasty emails, phone calls, and comments.....you will get a notice upon shipping. with tracking. it will get to you. we are on the tail end of shipping orders from june 27th right now. i think only about 9 remain before getting to the 28th...the next several days are super heavy on orders as we had just added the reverse i believe. it will get there. we aren't stealing your money. we aren't sitting on our asses not shipping. we are working our asses off to get these things out as soon as possible along with running our fully functioning comic shop. we are packing extremely well in heavy boxes to ensure safe delivery. please...please...be patient. thanks.

At this point I'm thinking "Why the hell are you yelling at me? All I stated was that I hadn't received a shipping notice yet." At this point I should have just shut up and waited for the book. But I got pissed off and responded this way:

....... iv'e answered this literally 20 times here already. we are shipping in the order received. we only started shipping on wednesday the 30th as books were delayed by marvel. we are going as fast as we possibly can. we are not midtown comics with a warehouse and a staff of 50. this is a 2 man operation. i have 9 weeks worth of pre orders to ship out. a massive ton of orders. you will get it. if you are unhappy with this we will be more than happy to refund you and cancel the order. sorry but im seriously tired of this. no other retailer has bent over backwards to accommodate, discount, and keep people in the loop on this board as much as we have here and yet i still get nasty emails, phone calls, and comments.....you will get a notice upon shipping. with tracking. it will get to you. we are on the tail end of shipping orders from june 27th right now. i think only about 9 remain before getting to the 28th...the next several days are super heavy on orders as we had just added the reverse i believe. it will get there. we aren't stealing your money. we aren't sitting on our asses not shipping. we are working our asses off to get these things out as soon as possible along with running our fully functioning comic shop. we are packing extremely well in heavy boxes to ensure safe delivery. please...please...be patient. thanks.

Was I complaining about not getting my book yet? NO

Was I simply stating that I had not received a notice of shipment yet? YES

Do I still want the book I ordered? YES

Will I ever order from you again? HELL NO

Why? Because you just went on a f**king rant when you didn't need to. I was simply stating I hadn't received a notice of shipment yet. YOU took it as if I was complaining about not having my book yet.

So I am not completely blameless as I guess I should have listened to one more of his rants and waited for the book. That being said, the bottom line is he cancelled the order only because I returned his fire. I guess he can dish it out but can't take it.

Oh, and here's the last of "several" (what are we up to now, 2?) e-mails I sent to him late Monday night:

"I wasn't complaining...honestly. I was merely asking a simple question that you could have answered much more simply. Something like "We're just now getting to your order and it will go out in the next day or two". I would have been fine with that. I just thought it would have shipped by now considering you guys started shipping last Wednesday.

You're reading too much into my words. I guess a bunch of other people have pissed you off and now it seems you're taking it out on me. I did apologize to you after the first e-mail and explained how I had screwed up when I was reading the old e-mails. Apparently, that's not good enough for you.

Mike"

At this point I know I'm not going to get the book from Lockford88. And now that everything is in front of you guys (except for our phone conversation), you can see what transpired. The whole situation could have been avoided if cooler heads had prevailed....but they didn't. So it is what it is.

What it boils down to is I paid for a comic and the seller cancelled the sale when he shouldn't have. So I'm still going to nominate Lockford88 for the Probation List.

Imo I think the seller should choose his words a little more carefully. We are all potential buyers for this or any of his future sales. I also think he should check the rules out for the PL.

At this point I do not see a win win scenario for both parties.

So it's now been one week since Comics Conquest claimed they would have their "delayed" Spider-Man variants. (even though they were selling them at SDCC).

I have yet to receive my order or have any confirmation of shipping.

Have you tried calling the store to see what's up? Usually solves lots of problems.

Posted over in modern...

Man, I really don't see how this is PL worthy, unless there is something specific about pre-orders (is there?).

I waited over a month past due (three months total) when my DC Bombshell preorders finally shipped (which was NO fault of the seller). Sometimes things are late, and sometimes you buy them way ahead of time - but when it comes to pre-orders, I think sellers deserve a little slack. I mean, ASM 4 came out a week ago (digital) - and maybe Marvel shipped to him late, who knows.

The seller is obviously not customer-service savvy, but since when is that PL worthy? I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

Then please explain to me how non-paying bidders are PL worthy? Sellers can back out and buyers can't? What a seller's paradise.

Because a seller is taking on the financial responsibility of keeping and managing stock. His business decisions are based on the good faith of a buyer actually buying the product. The buyer is just a buyer.

You know I hate to say it but a buyer who pays for the item, receives it and then sends it back for a refund might be a worse situation for the seller. It's more of a hassle, more time consuming, and more effort expended than a buyer who decides to back out of a transaction before paying.

Seriously, here's some very easy customer service, especially since most pre-orders online would require an email address. Can't expect everyone to check your website constantly, although the notes should posted there too.

Email 1 (occurs when store is first notified of delay).

"Greetings, first I want to say thank you from ordering this comic (whatever comic) from our store. We know there are many options, and we genuinely appreciate your business. Unfortunately, due to delays from the publisher/distributor, this book has been delayed by 1 week from its original release date. We will therefore be mailing out all the books from your order together a week later than previously planned. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please feel free to contact our store with questions."

Email 2 (occurs when the books arrive).

"Greetings, we wanted to let you know that the JSC Variant ASM's ARE here and that they are stunning. Due to the delay, we are essentially fulfilling last weeks orders and this weeks orders at the same time, so while we are working as fast we can, we may not be able to ship out as fast as we'd like to. We apologize for that, and we appreciate your patience. You will receive an email confirmation with your shipping # sometime during the next 7-10 days. If you do not, please don't hesitate to call us with questions. Thanks again for your patience and your business, we are supremely thrilled about this variant and know that you will be too. Also, for those that receive their books, please feel free to post them on our facebook/twitter/instagram to give peace of mind to the folks still waiting, thanks!"

2 emails = 0 issues?

Edited by Revat

Seriously, here's some very easy customer service, especially since most pre-orders online would require an email address. Can't expect everyone to check your website constantly, although the notes should posted there too.

"Greetings, first I want to say thank you from ordering this comic (whatever comic) from our store. We know there are many options, and we genuinely appreciate your business. Unfortunately, due to delays from the publisher/distributor, this book has been delayed by 1 week from its original release date. We will therefore be mailing out all the books from your order together a week later than previously planned. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please feel free to contact our store with questions."

"Greetings, we wanted to let you know that the JSC Variant ASM's ARE here and that they are stunning. Due to the delay, we are essentially fulfilling last weeks orders and this weeks orders at the same time, so while we are working as fast we can, we may not be able to ship out as fast as we'd like to. We apologize for that, and we appreciate your patience. You will receive an email confirmation with your shipping # sometime during the next 7-10 days. If you do not, please don't hesitate to call us with questions. Thanks again for your patience and your business, we are supremely thrilled about this variant and know that you will be too. Also, for those that receive their books, please feel free to post them on our facebook/twitter/instagram to give peace of mind to the folks still waiting, thanks!"

2 emails = 0 issues?

I would say that it is quite possible that your hindsight is even better than 20-20.

2 emails = 0 issues?

I would say that it is quite possible that your hindsight is even better than 20-20.

worked a couple of retail situations before, before email was ubiquitous. I had to freaking CALL people and tell them this junk about delays and shipments, etc. And my manager was a dropout who was high all the time, and they knew how basic this customer service was. In a world with email, its inconceivable that someone wouldn't just drop a few email updates to the people to save hours upon days upon hours of hassle.

2 emails = 0 issues?

worked a couple of retail situations before, before email was ubiquitous. I had to freaking CALL people and tell them this junk about delays and shipments, etc. And my manager was a dropout who was high all the time, and they knew how basic this customer service was. In a world with email, its inconceivable that someone wouldn't just drop a few email updates to the people to save hours upon days upon hours of hassle.

And to add to that, I had no idea until Monday night that the seller had received over 1,000 orders for these books nor did I know they were "just a 2 man shop". Had that information been relayed to us, I would have better understood why I hadn't received a shipping notice even 5 days after they started shipping the books.

2c

Keep on trollin.