• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Let's be honest here; this is probably how it will go:

• Shark will not get his book (at least not through Lockford)
  • Lockford will go on the PL
  • Lockford doesn't care b/c he won't sell here anymore - and never has*
  • Another exclusive variant comes up
  • Lockford links/offers it here b/c why not? Money is money
  • A PL notice will be put in the thread
  • People from the boards will buy it b/c they want it (and may have a discount)
  • And the world turns

* Except for that one time he did.

i hereby nominate myself to be put on this horrible list for refunding an impatient maniac that I chose not to deal with. There ya go Mike...enjoy guys....so done with this garbage....

Seems like a pretty simple decision now. (shrug)

I think your update is premature, while it's inevitable if there is no change in this guy's position.... there is nothing to be gained from updating the PL when people are still in their "hot head" phase & acting childishly.

It's happened before where people put "the boards on blast" & adding them serves no purpose, we're better off letting people cool down.

Updating the PL at this time isn't correct or necessary because it puts us into removal rules rather than the nomination rules, some people aren't familiar with how this works & the nominee has clearly stated that this is the case with him.

2c

Keep on trollin.

Does it really matter now if hes on the PL list? He doesnt seem to care much about being on it. The guy came on here and pimped the out of his variant. Made a boatload of money and pissed people off in the process. 75% of his 158 posts are about his variant. He obviously only came on here to pimp his variant and make money and now he's out.

Even if I feel for the seller it is still PL worthy. I can't hold buyers to a standard and sellers to another standard. I don't like strong arming anyone into a transaction but thems the rules of the boards. It is completely up to Shark whether he wants to add Lockford who had several complaints during the sale and was well aware of the volume while they were taking orders. He could have cut it off at any time.

just so we are 100% clear, i had next to no complaints during the sale. They only started shipping Wednesday evening which is less than one week from right now. Over 65% of our packages are out in the mail. If anything I have gotten alot of great pm's and public comments on the thread.so I truly have no idea where you are coming from with that......as for the volume it was fine. It has been a week. A WEEK PEOPLE!!!!!!!! If you are that impatient and entitled of a person to think that you should have your item immediately then you should seriously rethink your priorities.

tumblr_m2p9j4b5WB1rp9cdio1_500.gif

Its Always Sunny.... Too Funny! :applause:

Retracted....rereads rules...

response retracted because the retractor has retracted his original track and thus rendered my response unnecessary and therefore retracted.

Edited by Miraclemet

Mike (Shark) is a great guy, in my experience

But, Mike, I would say this to you in person, you kind of have three strikes on the deal. You jumped the gun on a pre-order, jumped the guys stuff about a shipping notice, then closed out the trifecta with the "I'm never going to do business with you again." That guy, whose actions are not even close to lily white, was put in a lose-lose-lose scenario, and I can't blame him for putting himself in the position to lose the least.

I also agree that the technical application of the PL list probably indicates that Mike could get the guy PL'd. I'm sure he doesn't care, as he only came here to pimp variants. While it is mostly inside the letter of the PL law, I find it a little unsavory to strong arm the guy using the PL when Mike emptied both barrels in a Ready, Fire, Aim fashion.

I hope no hard feelings, Mike, just my honest opinion.

+1

If we lived in a perfect world where everyone received their anti-butthurt vaccine when they were kids, the seller should have smiled at the hostile email(s) from the buyer and went ahead and closed the deal, then added him to the "do not sell to list*.

But we don't so here we are...

When the PL was originally created it was suppose to be a warning for people, a list of buyers and sellers who either out of malice or incompetence couldn't be trusted to complete a deal.

These cases in which both sides have some do-do on theirs shoes from stepping in it really annoy me.

Sellers who failed to deliver have gotten on the PL and then gotten off it by issuing a full refund.

This seller has already issued a full refund.

:baiting:

I don't know either of these guys.

I see this is another modern pre-order fiasco.

My only ever pre-order here ended up in a mess (Comic Supply) but that's another story.

lol

This my friends, is why doing store direct variants is tough and hard work.

This really doesn't help the situation. A month, he took preorders for a month. After you take your 200th pre-order its time to start preparing packages. No Excuse.

The seller is obviously not customer-service savvy, but since when is that PL worthy? I'm not a big fan of cancelling an order out of spite - but as long as money is refunded, is it that big of an issue? Or did something else transpire I missed?

I find an issue with the seller cancelling and issuing a refund, when it was not requested or approved by the buyer. Complete the sale and move on. Adjust your records to exclude future transactions with the buyer in question.

It's not the case here, but, hypothetically speaking, how does it differ from a seller cancelling and refunding orders from July 24 for Fear #19 @ $20 each when prices skyrocket to $150 later that week?

2zo9enp.gif

Me too (thumbs u

Sellers who failed to deliver have gotten on the PL and then gotten off it by issuing a full refund.This seller has already issued a full refund.

Normally a full refund suffices as the individual can still get (or reasonably expect) to get a similar item for the same price...here it will now cost Mike upwards of 3x what he initially paid.

Sellers who failed to deliver have gotten on the PL and then gotten off it by issuing a full refund.This seller has already issued a full refund.

Normally a full refund suffices as the individual can still get (or reasonably expect) to get a similar item for the same price...here it will now cost Mike upwards of 3x what he initially paid.

And, if I am reading this right, the seller is selling them for double what he agreed to sell to Mike.

And the comments about a transaction being more important to the seller than the buyer is silliness. Two people entered the agreement. If one does not follow through and the other files a grievance then on the PL they go. I can't say I agree with the high standards but if you wish to transact on the boards then those are the rules.

So his rant led me to state that no I wasn't griping, yes I still wanted the book and that I would never buy from him again. So he took offense and cancelled my initial order. I then tried to place another order through their website (at a higher cost) and he refused that order as well. He is convinced that I was b*tching up one side and down the other about my order and I can't convince him otherwise. (shrug)

When communicating with him you probably should have kept that part to yourself. 2c

I agree. I cant blame the seller for doing what he did. You came off in a bad light and quite honestly if you sent something like that to me I would have done the same.

This my friends, is why doing store direct variants is tough and hard work.

This really doesn't help the situation. A month, he took preorders for a month. After you take your 200th pre-order its time to start preparing packages. No Excuse.

For some reason I don't feel need to get my pitchforck and torch yet. The guy said when he would ship them and its been what a week since?