• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Shark, you should also PM the nominee to let him know that we are discussing it and that you are nominating him here.

Yeah, thought about that already. I will. (thumbs u

Shark, you should also PM the nominee to let him know that we are discussing it and that you are nominating him here.

Yeah, thought about that already. I will. (thumbs u

Lockford88 has been notified.

That's what seems fishy, that by not honouring the sale to you, it can be sold again at a higher price.

comix4fun with 'unjust enrichment' paragraph in 3, 2, 1.....

:D

You need to insult his hair or pants if you want him to appear.

You may be thinking of Roy.

My pants are unassailable and my hair is non-existent.

oh boy...here we go...

first off im going to apologize for my lack of proper grammar and all that jazz. i just spent 12 straight hours boxing up stuff to come home and see this insane human being still carrying this on and im insanely exhausted... i am super insanely busy trying to get everyone's orders out, and this absolutely selfish person wants to continue to bother me after i told him i was done with his antics.

my name is chris and i am the owner of a comic shop called conquest comics. we are located in nj. we recently offered 3 store exclusive variants of amazing spider-man 4 done by j scott campbell. i offered this board first crack at them. gave this board an exclusive 3 week window with a 10-15% discount...once again only available for this board....kept everyone up to date every step of the way, bent over backwards for many many folks here with numerous various special requests....anyway, we took pre orders for 9 weeks before books were in and started shipping them out which was this past wednesday. tomorrow we will have been shipping one week total for over 1500 orders...with a two man operation. just wanted to get the back round story set....you can go to the actual thread and read through it yourself if you wish to...

as for shark, our deal didn't spawn from a message board. he went on my website, placed an order. we never spoke about a deal. i never had any communication with him up until he demanded to know 'where the hell his item was'...the same item that had not been released yet as it was a pre order...... anyway, he bought an item from my site...along with over 1000 other people. the reason he was refunded is because he sent me several emails complaining and made public posts complaining. then we communicated more through email and when i saw after several back and forth messages, that there was 0 reasoning with this specific human being, and after he said he would never purchase from me...i made the executive decision to cease all dealing with said human being who has at this point, done nothing but harass me and person_without_enough_empathy and moan about things he was completely in the wrong about to begin with. which he even half admits now...it was my decision to make. i refunded him in full right after his last email he sent me when i saw that the problems would continue no matter what. rather than deal with his harassment and complaining, i cut ties, refunded him immediately and told him not to contact me any longer. then he replaces an order. i refunded again. telling him once again do not place another order. then i come home to find a pm telling me he nominated me for whatever this is. ...

thats the story. mike...you will not get the book under your name. i will NEVER sell to you after all this you pulled. EVER. you have proven to act like a child throwing a tantrum...unable to be reasoned with. in all my years in business i have never seen someone so in the wrong who refuses to recognize their faults....i am very proud of my store. my business partner and i built a fairly badass shop....i pride myself on being super helpful and friendly. look at my reviews. you told me to look at yours here so ill tell you the same. one thing i will not do is let someone walk all over me, bash me, talk to me like and then expect me to just sit and take it...im a much better store without your business.....and if those of you on here choose never to do business with me for this then...well mike, you won and that stinks.... then again if you made up your mind ( which a few of you seem to already have done ) then i guess for me it was no big loss anyway.....

im sure you are a standup guy on this forum and perhaps in life. im not questioning that because i dont care. that does not pertain to this situation. in this situation you are wrong. you acted like a brat and in my life, i don't let people walk over me and give them what they want. in life there are consequences for your actions. deal with it and man up. you want to go on an try to smear my name...whatever man...any half way smart human being who can read will see what you are doing. let it go and move on as i did this morning. since i told you not to contact me again, you have now contacted me several more times....

as for this probation thing...i have not even had time to read and see what this is about. don't see how a deal on our store website has anything to do with this message board whatsoever but what do i know.....

if any of you have any questions for me feel free to pm me...good night all.

chris

oh boy...here we go...

first off im going to apologize for my lack of proper grammar and all that jazz. i just spent 12 straight hours boxing up stuff to come home and see this insane human being still carrying this on and im insanely exhausted... i am super insanely busy trying to get everyone's orders out, and this absolutely selfish person wants to continue to bother me after i told him i was done with his antics.

my name is chris and i am the owner of a comic shop called conquest comics. we are located in nj. we recently offered 3 store exclusive variants of amazing spider-man 4 done by j scott campbell. i offered this board first crack at them. gave this board an exclusive 3 week window with a 10-15% discount...once again only available for this board....kept everyone up to date every step of the way, bent over backwards for many many folks here with numerous various special requests....anyway, we took pre orders for 9 weeks before books were in and started shipping them out which was this past wednesday. tomorrow we will have been shipping one week total for over 1500 orders...with a two man operation. just wanted to get the back round story set....you can go to the actual thread and read through it yourself if you wish to...

as for shark, our deal didn't spawn from a message board. he went on my website, placed an order. we never spoke about a deal. i never had any communication with him up until he demanded to know 'where the hell his item was'...the same item that had not been released yet as it was a pre order...... anyway, he bought an item from my site...along with over 1000 other people. the reason he was refunded is because he sent me several emails complaining and made public posts complaining. then we communicated more through email and when i saw after several back and forth messages, that there was 0 reasoning with this specific human being, and after he said he would never purchase from me...i made the executive decision to cease all dealing with said human being who has at this point, done nothing but harass me and person_without_enough_empathy and moan about things he was completely in the wrong about to begin with. which he even half admits now...it was my decision to make. i refunded him in full right after his last email he sent me when i saw that the problems would continue no matter what. rather than deal with his harassment and complaining, i cut ties, refunded him immediately and told him not to contact me any longer. then he replaces an order. i refunded again. telling him once again do not place another order. then i come home to find a pm telling me he nominated me for whatever this is. ...

thats the story. mike...you will not get the book under your name. i will NEVER sell to you after all this you pulled. EVER. you have proven to act like a child throwing a tantrum...unable to be reasoned with. in all my years in business i have never seen someone so in the wrong who refuses to recognize their faults....i am very proud of my store. my business partner and i built a fairly badass shop....i pride myself on being super helpful and friendly. look at my reviews. you told me to look at yours here so ill tell you the same. one thing i will not do is let someone walk all over me, bash me, talk to me like and then expect me to just sit and take it...im a much better store without your business.....and if those of you on here choose never to do business with me for this then...well mike, you won and that stinks.... then again if you made up your mind ( which a few of you seem to already have done ) then i guess for me it was no big loss anyway.....

im sure you are a standup guy on this forum and perhaps in life. im not questioning that because i dont care. that does not pertain to this situation. in this situation you are wrong. you acted like a brat and in my life, i don't let people walk over me and give them what they want. in life there are consequences for your actions. deal with it and man up. you want to go on an try to smear my name...whatever man...any half way smart human being who can read will see what you are doing. let it go and move on as i did this morning. since i told you not to contact me again, you have now contacted me several more times....

as for this probation thing...i have not even had time to read and see what this is about. don't see how a deal on our store website has anything to do with this message board whatsoever but what do i know.....

chris

:facepalm:

I'll pick this apart in the morning.

oh boy...here we go...

chris

but I'm ready for responses now!

oh boy...here we go...

chris

I look forward with... uh... great interest to pages and pages of back and forth and quoting and re-quoting.

Sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a show but there will be no back and forth bickering. He can say whatever he wants at this point. Mike, if you want to keep this drivel going...Enjoy. You won't have me feeding into it any longer. I've wasted way too much time on this nonsense already....

This issue will come down to semantics. Ranting, harassing, unreasonable, complaining, unless the communications are posted it will be the subjective interpretation of how they read the emails.

Sounds like a misunderstanding with the seller not giving much leeway because of the packaging of 1,500 orders. If Shark's subsequent emails were harrasing, that would be a different story, but we'll have to wait and see.

Mike (Shark) is a great guy, in my experience

But, Mike, I would say this to you in person, you kind of have three strikes on the deal. You jumped the gun on a pre-order, jumped the guys stuff about a shipping notice, then closed out the trifecta with the "I'm never going to do business with you again." That guy, whose actions are not even close to lily white, was put in a lose-lose-lose scenario, and I can't blame him for putting himself in the position to lose the least.

I also agree that the technical application of the PL list probably indicates that Mike could get the guy PL'd. I'm sure he doesn't care, as he only came here to pimp variants. While it is mostly inside the letter of the PL law, I find it a little unsavory to strong arm the guy using the PL when Mike emptied both barrels in a Ready, Fire, Aim fashion.

I hope no hard feelings, Mike, just my honest opinion.

Probation list or no probation list....douchey or not douchey.....

Here's what it takes to make a business work these days:

The customer is always right.

What would it have taken to say "Hey, I know you're upset about whatever....we're a small operation trying to make folks happy"...."I'm going to step your order up in the line and ship your comic to you immediately....hope there are no hard feelings".

I betcha that "never going to buy again from you" would quickly become a "hmmm, maybe I was a bit rash and heck, they shipped me a NM/MT lickety split...." hence the never becomes "maybe I'd give it another whirl".

As far as the whole PL thing goes.....if I'm to believe what that guy is stating...Shark's order came via his website and not via this board. IF that's true, would that still constitue a reason to engender the PL? Not sure if that's fact or fiction, but I think that should figure in as well.

Anyway, it's apparent that some feelings got hurt and penises got stepped on.

chris

You are both board members, so the conversation and debate about putting you on the list is germane. The deal does not have to take place on the boards, just between two board members.

I don't have a dog in this fight. With that said, it sounds like you severely underestimated the demand. Even the most green of comic book shop owners would realize that a JSC Black Cat Variant is going to be super popular. Your "two-man operation" probably should have limited the preorder to a certain number or hired a few temps to help fill orders.

An alternate path you could have taken would have been to ask Shark if he'd like a refund instead of just issuing it and cancelling his order. If he did not want a refund, you simply could have fulfilled his order and made a note to not to do business with him in the future. 2c