• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I dont use credit cards, I dont like using credit.

Since I use my bank account Paypal offers a pay after delivery option.

I switched bank accounts and removed my previous account from paypal, thinking they would just charge my new account that was on file.

They take the money out of your account after 2 weeks after and put up the money for you if the total is under a certain amount. That was the case with Scott.

With Rich it was a larger amount and the pay after delivery was not offered, so it was an Echeck that takes 5 days to clear, and again since the bank account that was used to pay the invoice was not on file, the system just canceled the payment.

When it came time to debit the payment the bank account that was previously on file that was used during the payment of the invoice was no longer there, so they reversed/canceled the payment instead of just charging the new account that was on file.

Instead of having Scott and Rich wait for a personal check to clear since they did not want to risk a paypal payment being reversed/canceled again, I sent them both cashiers checks via Priority with Signature Confirmation so they will get the payment ASAP.

The notion of me not having the $ is not even possible otherwise I would not be able to make the cashiers checks, and reversing the charges my self for some nefarious reason is not even possible either considering the books that Rich is giving me, Punisher 1-5, Have you seen my avatar?!?

The timing of them just happened to be at the same time which just makes it look worse for me.

I completely comprehend how bad this looks which is why I am going above and beyond to get these guys their $, and also prove to everyone that is doubting of me that I am a man of my word.

As far as the sellers that backed out of the deals, I am never looking to nominate anyone to any list. I was curious to know if that was PL worthy, my real question was should I expect them to honor the deal since I have the cash in my hand to pay them right now and can send them cashiers checks as well.

So with that said I will try to ask the question more clearly.

The deals have already been made and I have PM's to prove them, should I expect the sellers to honor the agreement?

I like to take people at their word Hustruck, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Its just that too many of these types of things seem to happen to you. I have never had someone pick me out at random and shill my Ebay auctions or hack my PayPal account or any other weird things, so I guess it makes people suspicious.

To answer your last question, in my opinion only, NO! It was your mistake that lead to the problems with the transaction. At this point, the sellers have a right to protect themselves. This goes back to the reputation thing.

I like to take people at their word Hustruck, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Its just that too many of these types of things seem to happen to you. I have never had someone pick me out at random and shill my Ebay auctions or hack my PayPal account or any other weird things, so I guess it makes people suspicious.

To answer your last question, in my opinion only, NO! It was your mistake that lead to the problems with the transaction. At this point, the sellers have a right to protect themselves. This goes back to the reputation thing.

I second this opinion.

He got caught shilling too?

Yes, but it's ok, nobody died.

As far as the sellers that backed out of the deals, I am never looking to nominate anyone to any list. I was curious to know if that was PL worthy, my real question was should I expect them to honor the deal since I have the cash in my hand to pay them right now and can send them cashiers checks as well.

So with that said I will try to ask the question more clearly.

The deals have already been made and I have PM's to prove them, should I expect the sellers to honor the agreement?

No, walk away and hope we all suffer head trauma or strokes so we don't remember you in three weeks when you show up in this thread again.

I don't know if he shilled or not. It was another one of those hard to tell situations, but I gave Hustruck the benefit of the doubt and even helped him fix it. I have no hard feelings toward him but when these unusual situations pop up it makes me question because they keep happening to him. Again, Hustruck, nothing against you, you just need to figure out a way to either fix having these types of problems or not purchase/sell on the boards and enjoy them for everything else they offer. Try to make things right with these sellers. (thumbs u

Shilling?

It actually starts a lot of pages before but did not want to search them all. lol

What if several people start CG threads and can't figure out that there is a Probation Discussion thread? What then? The list is used as a notification service for others in the future. Those CG theads are nothing but a way to person_without_enough_empathy and accomplish nothing. doh!

Just a heads up (until someone comes here to nominate) :taptaptap:

A couple threads in CG where a couple people got taken by user ImagineComics formerly Catz13 AKA Richard Catanzaro Profile link

catz13 first thread

catz13 part the second

In the 2nd thread the gist of the complaint is that the OP bought a book from this seller 2 days ago and didn't get tracking information within 24 hours?

Just a heads up (until someone comes here to nominate) :taptaptap:

A couple threads in CG where a couple people got taken by user ImagineComics formerly Catz13 AKA Richard Catanzaro Profile link

catz13 first thread

catz13 part the second

In the 2nd thread the gist of the complaint is that the OP bought a book from this seller 2 days ago and didn't get tracking information within 24 hours?

Yep, 8802 wasn't the impetus for linking it here - it was based more on the feedback of others in the thread.